NFL 2014 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IF

If all of that is true...I think Ray Rice is getting fucked over. What he did was horrible, but if he was honest through the entire thing and actually showed that much remorse...if all of that is the case, personally (and I'm saying this with a lot of baggage when it comes to domestic violence) I think he should have received a six-game suspension and been allowed to play later this year.

It really does come across as a cover-up and attempt to push any blame from the NFL onto the big bad guy who, let's not mince words here: Punched out his fiance.

So again, I said if it was an isolated incident and if it was something he is that full of regret over, then I will continue to call for Goodell's head, and I'll be incredibly disappointed with Rice forever (a player I really did like), but clearly there's a lot of fucked up shit going on.

Basically: Something's gotta give with Goodell. Guy's got to go.

EDIT: Just want to clarify: I just don't think you usually see someone committing an act of domestic violence getting fired over it as well. I'm disgusted with what he did, I'm disappointed and saddened that it happened. It did happen, no matter what, and that's something the two of them are going to have to deal with, I truly, sincerely hope it was an isolated incident.

IF

If all of that is true...I think Ray Rice is getting fucked over. What he did was horrible, but if he was honest through the entire thing and actually showed that much remorse...if all of that is the case, personally (and I'm saying this with a lot of baggage when it comes to domestic violence) I think he should have received a six-game suspension and been allowed to play later this year.

It really does come across as a cover-up and attempt to push any blame from the NFL onto the big bad guy who, let's not mince words here: Punched out his fiance.

So again, I said if it was an isolated incident and if it was something he is that full of regret over, then I will continue to call for Goodell's head, and I'll be incredibly disappointed with Rice forever (a player I really did like), but clearly there's a lot of fucked up shit going on.

EDIT: Just want to clarify: I just don't think you usually see someone committing an act of domestic violence getting fired over it as well. I'm disgusted with what he did, I'm disappointed and saddened that it happened. It did happen, no matter what, and that's something the two of them are going to have to deal with, I truly, sincerely hope it was an isolated incident.

What's the saying, that the cover-up is usually worse than the crime. In this case, the crime is a heinous one, but if the NFL had done things differently, it wouldn't have spiraled so out of control.

Also, I believe ESPN's Outside the Lines got the access they did for this piece because Ray Rice totally feels fucked over.

Suspend Rice for the year and then allow him back, fire Goodell, fine the Ravens and give the money to shelters for abused women.

Meanwhile, Hope Solo is pending trial for her own domestic violence accusation here in Washington, and she remains on her soccer team.

But I wonder if this is kind of like the Chris Brown/Rihanna thing as well, where people said "well, x also hit his girlfriend too, why doesn't anyone care about that??" - it's a lot harder to ignore when there's video or pictorial evidence of the amount of violence that occurred.

Hard not to ignore the double-standard, though, even though the NFL is a bigger beast than the women's soccer league.

The reason why I can't get over the Chris Brown thing is because he beat the shit out of her, attempted to choke her and kept going. And he never really seemed all that remorseful about it.

IF

Re: the ifs. I understand that battered spouse syndrome is real. But let's consider that over the last 7 months there's been every opportunity for old police reports of additional incidents to pop up, or for neighbors/friends/randos to say they heard something going on in the Rice household, etc. So far that hasn't happened.

Re: the ifs. I understand that battered spouse syndrome is real. But let's consider that over the last 7 months there's been every opportunity for old police reports of additional incidents to pop up, or for neighbors/friends/randos to say they heard something going on in the Rice household, etc. So far that hasn't happened.

That's what I'm trying to say. On its face, this doesn't look like a situation where he's an "Abuser" just someone who went far, far too far. Not an excuse, but not as bad as it could be, either, I guess.

I hope that the Skins/Eagles game is not good because we beat them so resoundly. Other than that, I hope every game is good.

I don't recommend having five of your top seven offensive linemen get injured. Or three of your top four inside linebackers.

I don't recommend having five of your top seven offensive linemen get injured. Or three of your top four inside linebackers.
Haha and now Peters gets tossed because he threw a punch while eight Washington players tried to fight him. Fire these referees into the fucking sun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom