NFL 2014 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that may have happened to Interference if the U2 album got delayed again.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's funny that the Eagles have been horrific and are tied with Indianapolis. The AFC South isn't much better than the NFC East.

I can't wait for the Skins to get a shot at the Eagles. If Richardson/Bradshaw was too much for them, Morris/Helu should be a living hell.

Jury is still out on our defense though. They played two very, very good games...against awful offenses. So we'll see. But putting up 10 sacks in one game is definitely encouraging.

Rodgers and Flynn at it again:

BxnlW2QCcAEQ_6l.jpg:large

I want the franchise to keep paying Flynn to sit on that sideline as long as Rodgers is with the team.

Wow, this has got to be worst month in the history of the NFL right now. I guess the players better get all of their domestic issues out of the way. It would look extra horrific next month if a player gets arrested during Breast Cancer Awareness month.

I heard Reggie Bush talking on the radio today, declaring to the world that he "harshly disciplines" his one-year old daughter.

You know, his baby daughter.

But it's okay, because he said he's careful not to bruise her.

Wow, this has got to be worst month in the history of the NFL right now. I guess the players better get all of their domestic issues out of the way. It would look extra horrific next month if a player gets arrested during Breast Cancer Awareness month.

The end of Tagliabue's reign featured the Ray Lewis and Ray Caruthe controversies... which led to the owners wanting a commish who was tough on player discipline.

Years later, they're in the same spot. Goodell needs to take the heat for the Ray Rice non suspension, and a committee needs to be formed on player discipline to take full judge juror and executioner duties away from Goodell... but eventually the players association needs to stand up and take responsibility for the actions of their members, and declare that they're not going to stand for this anymore.

On a side note, this has created the first time where I've seen a friend mocked on the Daily Show, so that was pretty cool.

The second (third?) string RB who just scored the touchdown to make it 55-0 (I'm only half-paying attention at this point) had precisely one guy to beat - the safety - and just ran right around him like the safety was playing Pop Warner ball. The TB defense is always so badly out of position, and the guys that do get a half decent position to make a play are going down like hookers at the wharf at the slightest touch of a block.

Everyone was saying Dallas was a lock for worst defense in the NFL in 2014, but watching this, I'm not so sure. The worst defensive performance I remember ever seeing was Dan Marino's last game (that was a heart breaker because it upset my dad so much), but this is right up there with that. :yikes:

Of course the only catch VJax makes all night is a touchdown. He managed to fuck over my fantasy team without putting in any work.

The second (third?) string RB who just scored the touchdown to make it 55-0 (I'm only half-paying attention at this point) had precisely one guy to beat - the safety - and just ran right around him like the safety was playing Pop Warner ball. The TB defense is always so badly out of position, and the guys that do get a half decent position to make a play are going down like hookers at the wharf at the slightest touch of a block.

Everyone was saying Dallas was a lock for worst defense in the NFL in 2014, but watching this, I'm not so sure. The worst defensive performance I remember ever seeing was Dan Marino's last game (that was a heart breaker because it upset my dad so much), but this is right up there with that. :yikes:

If I recall Lovie Smith is supposed to be a great defensive mind.
He may be first to go, losing at home to the Rams probably should have got him fired on the spot, this surely should.

There are going to be a lot of jokes about Goodell suggesting that Peterson, like many children, makes mistakes.

Apparently: "Howard Stern's guy Benji (sic) is still fighting with the cops outside. This is bonkers."

Back
Top Bottom