New Album Discussion/Speculation Continued...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's so hard about believing that the album isn't done?

This is not the hard part.

The hard part is believing that U2 or anyone else for that matter are actually working on getting an album done or cares that much about it anymore.

Larry’s off trying acting, good for him; Adam got married today, congrats; Bono continues to prevent Africa from exploding, awesome – but not much today adds up to cranking away in the studio getting from “nearly there” to “done and happy” with 10 new songs.

Sure, I get the “no release timeline” Bonoism and I get that U2 owes me squadoosh but come on Seth, really?

How many producers and sessions and mixers are on record for this record?

It’s probably a record.

If U2 want to stay relevant, maybe start by staying relevant to you loyal fan base; or at least keep them semi-informed. WTF did I pay $45 for my U2.com membership for then, I thought it was also vehicle to stay abreast of band news. I’m not that naïve, but you get the point, right?

Relevancy might also be aided by putting new music out every once in awhile, especially if you sincerely want to attract new fans. My sources say so.

I used to be in the “get the album day 1, can’t wait for the tour” group and as each month or YEAR passes, I’m getting much closer to “meh, let’s see what the critics say and I might check out the tour depending on travel distance and ticket prices”

But I keep asking, am I really going to cough up $135 + travel costs for the 20th time to see 3 – 4 new songs, 15 greatest hits and maybe 3 deep catalog tunes, when it will be on Blue-Ray, iTunes and YouTube later?

The worst part of all of this, for me anyway. IMO, the longer U2 wait, the more likely the advertising PR and hype machine goes into super-nuclear massive overdrive mode and it could look desperate. Really desperate.

Don’t think it could happen? Did you cringe a little when your favorite Red Rocks White Flag Waving 80’s rebel rock-star danced an iTunes silhouette Vertigo TV commercial? I did.

Meh, I plop down the $65 to see a show (ok, fine, X 4 or 5 shows lmao) and then completely ignore the Blu-Ray, iTunes and Youtube offerings later. So it probably balances out in the end..

But I keep asking, am I really going to cough up $135 + travel costs for the 20th time to see 3 – 4 new songs, 15 greatest hits and maybe 3 deep catalog tunes, when it will be on Blue-Ray, iTunes and YouTube later?

You're prerogative, of course. But let's not forget that they usually play 6 or 7 new songs on the first few legs of a new tour, which is pretty good all things considered.

Don’t think it could happen? Did you cringe a little when your favorite Red Rocks White Flag Waving 80’s rebel rock-star danced an iTunes silhouette Vertigo TV commercial? I did.

It's fine. They're not an indie band or play First Avenue anymore, and it did them a load of good for sales of the album and tour.

In a heartbeat. It is U2 live, one of the greatest live bands ever. I would never pass up an opportunity to see U2. I may not be going to 12 shows but I will see them at least once if they tour (probably more). You never know when it will be your last chance to see them at this point. They filled stadiums accross the globe on the last tour with a meh album. People KNOW U2 touring is big time and I do not see that changing when they tour again.

I still "think" they will tour in 2014. But do not quote me. :lol: ;)

I go to about 15 gigs a year (including festivals, which nets me anywhere from 10 to 20 performances each) and I would say both U2 shows I've seen occupy spots in my top 10. Fuck yeah I'd pay a hundred bucks to see them again.

Yeah, it's a no brainer for me. Live is MUCH different from the DVD's, the whole experience, meeting up with mates, it's just what makes it special. Definitely worth it for me.

meh i've already decided i'm not going to bother with the bloodbath of a tour next time round - i've seen them 5 times in all - i reckon that's quite enough for one band lol

I would NEVER EVER change a live experience for a DVD. I don't even watch DVDs or even TV, except for the news.

There's no way for me a DVD could ever come close to being at a live show. If they tour again, I'll certainly go. It's one of the things that make life great. And I've seen U2 many times.

Going to several concerts is great, you get to meet people and see new cities and places you've never been to. I'll certainly try to go on more than one show next time they go on tour. It's just a great way to travel.

I'll probably go to one show just because it's a possibility that it will be the last time they tour.

I wish I hadn't wasted money on the 360 Tour Rosebowl dvd. I hardly ever watch it. And don't even get me started about paying donating money to their fan club. I would much rather pay money for their album and actually seeing them live than any of those aforementioned things.

At this stage, I'm not sure whether to be proud or embarrassed...:reject:

:lmao: I feel the same way, I know Miss YBOR is way more emberassed than I am, I think I'm in the upper 30's on # of shows (I know I should know exactly but time and the partying that went along with the shows makes it a bit hazy).

:lmao: I feel the same way, I know Miss YBOR is way more emberassed than I am, I think I'm in the upper 30's on # of shows (I know I should know exactly but time and the partying that went along with the shows makes it a bit hazy).

What the heck does your username mean, man? :crazy: CITYOBL must refer to the song. YBOR? What's that? :wink:

I wrote "lucky" not because of pregnancy but because they're U2 wives!! :lol:
and we, poor ordinary girls, don't have a new album because of them!!
(obviously I'm joking! :D )

If that's the reason for the delay, will Adam's son or daughter be always known as "That damn kid"?

Album put on hold till Adam's baby is born :hmm:

Low key wedding and reception to expedite baby, album, & tour...

What the hell am I talking about in regards to U2....

I'm thinking spring album everyone :sad:

Good news. You know there gonna tour soon to support the baby, pay for the wedding/ceremony, and get Adam's $2 million back :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom