Beijing Olympics Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gogogogogogogogogo USA

also, suck it NBC for forcing me to follow the action on a bulletin board.

I don't know a thing about Gymnastics, except that I watch it every 4 years....but, to me, Nastia represents what I like about watching gymnastics.....Johnson, not as much for me. But, again, I am a total neophyte.

No, I agree. And I'm not a neophyte.

She is far more graceful and beautiful to watch. Her routine is better choreographed (no wonder, very Russian).

Very happy that she pulled it off.

Gold, silver for US and bronze for China

Happy now Irvine? Like I said, judging was fine. No bias.

Much better than the men's all-round which involved a lot of screwups from everyone save the winner

i think the bronze was a bit suspect. but whatever. :shrug: the Chinese poured billions into these games. the least they expect are numbers in the overall medal count.

but i fully admit i know nothing about gymnastics.

I agree, Nastia is the artistic gymnast while Shawn is the athletic one. Meaning, one's a graceful dancer and the other is a tumbler. I've always prefered the dancers.

I agree, Nastia is the artistic gymnast while Shawn is the athletic one. Meaning, one's a graceful dancer and the other is a tumbler. I've always prefered the dancers.

Artistic dancer?

mediumyj1.gif

LMAO!

Shawn should win.

Don't even mention the two poor two Russian girls. The judges boiled everything.

Shawn got fuckin hosed. This is bullshit. Congrats to Nastia...but really? What did Shawn do wrong? Other than being the cutest gymnast ever? Fucking bullshit horseshit horsemalarchy fucksuckstupidcheating bullshit shit bullshit.

I'm angry. If anybody wants to fight, I'll fight you. Shawn and I will kick your ass from here to hell. She deserved it. I don't think I've been this angered by a sporting event in a long time. AMaybe I should have another beer.

fuckity fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCkin ass fuck shit fuck fuck shit fuck fu fuckity fuck fuck fuck wrong fuckin wrong bullshit

guinness_pint.jpg

I'd rather watch Nastia as well

I'd like to kick NBC's ass for annoying the crap out of me by showing bits of competition dragged out over hours... long after I already know the results. I want a live feed dammit :angry:

Last edited:
What Shawn doesn't have but Nastia does, is a father who has enough net works to influence the judges.

End of story.

have another. this is the olympics...expect the unexpected.

at least she didn't do this...
PHP:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/olympics/2008/08/14/wrestler.medal/index.html

that said...id rather see any american 1-2 before a 12 year old wins

^ :doh:

maybe syncronized diving is fun to watch and say OMG how can they do that"... but SINGLES diving.. is the most boring thing to watch (besides "artistic gymnastic"), and I'm STUCK seeing that here.. dammit

just waiting for the Tennis semifinals.. at 4 :hyper:

What a disappointing end to Shawn's run at the all-around Gold. Perhaps she can win a Gold or two on the individual apparatus competitions. This would be the only thing that would assuage my dissatisfaction right now.

Nas, congrats, you're an amazing gymnast.

But you ain't no Shawn Johnson.

Fuckin assclown balance beam judges.

You run that competition 100 times and Shawn wins 90 of 'em.

So it goes...

Apparently, she's better.

I certainly thought she had the better performance today.

I'd have to agree with you there. She definitely looked better today. And I think she was cheated out of points on the vault. One other rotation possibly as well...

On the west coast, swimming and gymnastics start about 10PM PST. I think the end of the gymnastics was about 1AM PST. Timing sucks here. We get beach & indoor volleyball in primetime :|

Last edited:
From ESPN.com, Shawn's comments after realizing that she'd been screwed out of the Gold...

"When I saw her score come up, I knew I couldn't score six tenths higher," Johnson said, her chin shaking as she spoke to the media. "So going into floor, I didn't care about score or placement anymore. I just wanted to finish my Olympic experience as best I could."

Johnson finished the competition with a flawless routine, then walked to her teammate and gave her a hug. "Nastia has been around a long time and has a lot of experience and she deserves the gold," Johnson said. "I was meant to have the silver."

:(

Usain Bolt is a freak. He jogged his way to a 9.92 second finish today. He's taking it easy across the line while the other guys in the heat were running full out. I can't wait to see him open up for the full 100m. Will we see a 9.6X ?And he is only 21! How good is going to be when he learns how to run in perfect form and get a good start consistantly. Great last name too. He may not win the gold, but he is exciting to watch.

I can't wait for the distance events. If you haven't seen Kenenisa Bekele run, you'll be in for a treat. :hyper:

Anyone watching men's tennis now? Nadal is getting his ass kicked by Djokovic :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom