Beijing Olympics Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have spoiler alerts on here? I'm central time zone.

I don't think any of these threads can be considered to be spoiler free. Isn't CST on the same schedule as EST?

ugh, I am way too tired to stay up for the gymnastics. will have to catch the highlight reels later i guess.

oh and phelps is a freaking machine. not much else to say there.

I don't think any of these threads can be considered to be spoiler free. Isn't CST on the same schedule as EST?

oh and phelps is a freaking machine. not much else to say there.

Got that right.
Have you seen Phelps swim tonight, because I have.

Central is ahead 1 hour from eastern - but I don't know if they have the time zones scheduled the same.

I'm watching the American gymnast. Now.

If this is anything like the men's all-around, the winner will go pretty clean and whoever screws up the least will pick up the silver and bronze. But hopefully, everyone will stay on their feet ... or beam ... or bar.

I predict Shawn Johnson will win, followed by Nastia or a Chinese gymnast in either silver or bronze position

It's amazing to see all these other gymnasts that NBC never showed. Who knew!

I'm more curious about how uncle irving's kids are doing.

Irving is on my Mom's side of the family. Well, he was, before he passed away. I'm with Dad's side of the family today and tomorrow.

Dad and I watched about an hour of the Olympics before my Mom demanded that he go to sleep cos we're all waking up early. Good stuff.

FYI, Irving's kids are in San Diego and Oklahoma.

the swimmun wus fabulous!!! :cute:

Phelps continues to put on a clinic. :up:

Soni slays Leisel. :up:

Lochte finally gets his due. :up:

Natalie snares another medal. :up:

and head case Brittan Steffan finally pulls it out. :up:

not that i know what i'm watching, but as it appears by the judging in the gymnastics, a big fat :down:

Why does everyone think Shawn is better than Nastia? I don't get it.

There is some obvious bias going on with the Chinese gymnasts' scores, but I am hoping Nastia's beam routine gets what it deserves, and puts her in first place.

Judging seems reasonable. Nastia should take the lead now. Yup.

Shawna Johnson needs to have the best floor performance to pull out the gold. Should be a good ending.

just announced the stripping of 2 medals from a North Korean athlete in shooting, silver and bronze

good enough for medal but which colour

Can Johnson outperform Nastia by .5 on the floor?

Johnson may need a triple somewhere to take the gold from Nastia.

I don't know a thing about Gymnastics, except that I watch it every 4 years....but, to me, Nastia represents what I like about watching gymnastics.....Johnson, not as much for me. But, again, I am a total neophyte.

she does have more difficult passing runs though

this is gonna be tight

Gold, silver for US and bronze for China

Happy now Irvine? Like I said, judging was fine. No bias.

Much better than the men's all-round which involved a lot of screwups from everyone save the winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom