** All Get On Your Boots VIDEO Discussion HERE ** (No DL Links Please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the video?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realized that some of the "still" images were edited to animate in some parts of the video, so it looks like its just a non-finished version since those animations have to be completed. They probably are keeping the watermarks on until they finish the animations.

Yes, I'm sure we've seen the unfinished version.

Even Shaun Vox loves it.

:ohmy: Maybe he's hit the wrong button by accident.

GibsonExploer and Acrobat08 not liking it is no surprise.

Awww, how mean of you to spy on people here. :wink:

It's good to see so many of us actually agree that it's a great video. I hope the response to the album will be similar.

I'm glad I stuck a poll on this thread. I love the fact that only 10 people hate it out of 472 votes. I think that's some kind of record for interference. :lol:

From Zootopia:

Dear all,

You might have seen we've been removing links to the rogue copy of the 'Boots' video in the last 24 hours. It's not just U2.Com, it's being taken down from everywhere on the web.

Word is that everyone was pretty fed up about an unfinished bootleg leaking out before the production team had finished their work.

Apparently it's a pretty amazing video they're producing but if you saw that ruff-cut the give-away was the watermark copyright details in some of the images. Turns out there were legal issues involved -
and it's being taken down from YouTube, Facebook etc etc

As soon as the video is wrapped we'll have it on U2.Com - as early as anyone else.

Honest!

U2.COM

More information soon.

Yeah, that makes sense. It did seem a little rough around the edges.

This probably means it'll be even better when it's truly finished.

How long do you think it be before its done, this delay in the video wont help the chart push.

I'm glad I stuck a poll on this thread. I love the fact that only 10 people hate it out of 472 votes. I think that's some kind of record for interference. :lol:

:up: That's really amazing!

And so is the video.

From Zootopia:

Dear all,

You might have seen we've been removing links to the rogue copy of the 'Boots' video in the last 24 hours. It's not just U2.Com, it's being taken down from everywhere on the web.

Word is that everyone was pretty fed up about an unfinished bootleg leaking out before the production team had finished their work.

Apparently it's a pretty amazing video they're producing but if you saw that ruff-cut the give-away was the watermark copyright details in some of the images. Turns out there were legal issues involved -
and it's being taken down from YouTube, Facebook etc etc

As soon as the video is wrapped we'll have it on U2.Com - as early as anyone else.

Honest!

U2.COM

More information soon.

I'd love to know who this spokesman it. "Turns out there were legal issues involved" :doh: WTF does that even mean. Are they saying that if the watermarked images wouldn't have been in the rough cut, they wouldn't have cared if the video had leaked?

I'd love to know who this spokesman it. "Turns out there were legal issues involved" :doh: WTF does that even mean. Are they saying that if the watermarked images wouldn't have been in the rough cut, they wouldn't have cared if the video had leaked?

Well they haven't gotten the license yet for those images, so they aren't allowed to have a video clip floating around that violates copyright laws.

Even if they had the license it still is a rough cut, the more I watch it the more I notice a lot of issues (background has jerky movement in some places, compositing/rotoscoping has some issues, some of the "still" images have animated clothing and some don't, some dead frames, etc).

That's my point. So if they had the licenses they wouldn't care? I don't think so. The video wasn't finished, end of story, saying there were legal issues involved is unnecessary and ridiculous.

what can i say about this? I wasn't expecting much from "boots".. out of all the beach clips, I liked it the least and thought it would be another first single like Vertigo. but the song is AMAZING!! I love Vertigo but it blows it out of the water. It's what Vertigo was trying to be....and best of all, its really catchy and cool.

And now this video...its perfect!!! love the glass shattering during "let me in the sound" part.

U2 are back people

I would have thought they (Getty) wouldn't care.

It's crazy these day's everyone wanting mega $'s for their product.

But you would think the leak would have done wonders for Getty images.
Seeing that the images are in a leaked U2 video could only help the bottom line, I would think.
Who the fuck knows. Maybe Getty want more money now..:huh:

The funny thing is, I didn't even notice any watermarks. I guess there's so much going on in the video that you can't notice it (unless you're pausing it every few seconds.)

It's a great video, and I hope the finished product reflects the greatness of this rough version. :yes:

The funny thing is, I didn't even notice any watermarks. I guess there's so much going on in the video that you can't notice it (unless you're pausing it every few seconds.)

It's a great video, and I hope the finished product reflects the greatness of this rough version. :yes:

Well I noticed it right away, but I've seen lots of gettyimages watermarked photos before so thats probably why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom