** All Get On Your Boots VIDEO Discussion HERE ** (No DL Links Please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the video?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edge's sound in the background from 2:36 sounds quite actungish.. I hope it comes through in other tracks.. :drool:
After 10 or so watches over the day it's really growing on me, feels quite pop'ish / hmtmkmkm even...? with a popartish theme..?
Good feelings about more of a production tour wise, theming, props - which always add to the enormity of the show, imo in a positive way... another stadium spectacle along the lines off zoo / popmart hopefully. :hyper:

If anyone doesn't mind, I'd love a link to the download for the video. I'm about a thousand miles from my home computer at the moment, and I'd love to watch the video again!

Email is thereead@gmail.com

Thanks!

Could we have a separate thread for discussion and one for request of links when this one hits 1000?

I haven't been online for a day and this thread has become a nightmare to wade trough to catch up. :crack:

There was a conversation going on here recently (maybe it was in EYKIW) about which videos have actually improved your feelings about a song. I was a little skeptical about that premise. But not anymore. I've really liked GOYB since the beginning, but this video made me realize what a great song it really is. Bono is excellent in the video, and he really does make all other (current) frontmen look either wimpy, whiny, or boyish. What a rockstar.
Exactly, U2 is not ready to let go of their number one spot just yet. :up: They all are in great form, really great to see so much energy from the boys!

Could we have a separate thread for discussion and one for request of links when this one hits 1000?

There really hasn't been a whole lot of requests as of late, not enough requests and discussion to have two separate threads. The links on the first page still work so people can still watch the video there.

I think requests actually should be made here http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f192/

There really hasn't been a whole lot of requests as of late, not enough requests and discussion to have two separate threads. The links on the first page still work so people can still watch the video there.

I think requests actually should be made here http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f192/

That seems fair. :)

Does anyone know what the bleeping sounds are? I started wondering today, there's two at the beginning and another two somewhere further.

That seems fair. :)

Does anyone know what the bleeping sounds are? I started wondering today, there's two at the beginning and another two somewhere further.

Lanois said something in the Alan Cross interview about that being some kind of artifact from the digital editing process that they kept because they liked it.

Dana

Lanois said something in the Alan Cross interview about that being some kind of artifact from the digital editing process that they kept because they liked it.

Dana

Ah, it sounds pretty amusing. Like a bleep from the editing they didn't take out or so. :hmm:

For Interference, an 85.5% love rate of anything by U2 is near-miraculous. They really nailed this video.

For Interference, an 85.5% love rate of anything by U2 is near-miraculous. They really nailed this video.

I know! Even Bad, WTSHNN, and Achtung Baby would be hard-pressed to get an 85% approval rating here:lol:

And that's just the "love rate" like you said...
The approval rate is 97.78%, I don't think anything other than WTSHNN and AB have such approval ratings here.

While not being anything greatly groundbreaking/original etc, that is still the best U2 video clip in 10 years. It’s infinitely better than some of the ones we’ve been subjected to this decade, whether it’s the flat out embarrassing ATYCLB clips (the football one, the Tomb Raider one) or the well done but generally just a bit dull HTDAAB clips.

This adds to the song. I actually far prefer the song when matched with the clip. So again, just like the song, it’s not U2 knocking it out of the park, not even close, but again it is a huge improvement over recent efforts, and I’m very, very happy just to have that for now.

This is the vertigo video with new visual treatments. Aside from wishing I'll look as good as Adam looks when I'm his age, the video does nothing for me. And apparently, a lot of people outside interference agree with me because the video hasn't helped digital sales one bit.

Must be nice working with the green screens again, eh boys?

This is the vertigo video with new visual treatments. Aside from wishing I'll look as good as Adam looks when I'm his age, the video does nothing for me. And apparently, a lot of people outside interference agree with me because the video hasn't helped digital sales one bit.

Must be nice working with the green screens again, eh boys?

Because the video's definitely been released, right?

It astounds me that people assume the general public (or most fans, for that matter) go out and search for bootlegged versions of a video they probably don't even know exists yet.

I think the video is clever in that it seems as if it's a beautiful complement to the song in how it has all this depth and layers and also seems very vibrant, confusing, and colourful much like the song.

i agree on that. This video also confirms my interpretation of this song.
Oh god i really really love this. I have the mpg on my laptop so I streamed to my Xbox 360 en watched on 16:9 on my TV. Sound on ... GREAAT!
So much to see in this video :)

Thanks U2 ... i can't wait for the whole album now!!!

do we actually have confirmation that U2eastlink has been sent to Guantanamo Bay, or is that just speculation?

They're back this morning, I haven't read if they actually posted what happened but there is a sticky that says:

A partir de ahora no esta permitido publicar ningun tipo de informacion ni comentario sobre el nuevo video de "Get on your boots".

Cualquier captura de pantalla, enlace, comentario etc referente al tema sera eliminado.

Gracias por la cooperacion y vuestra paciencia :)

Effective immediately it is not permitted to post any type of information or commentary about the new video of "Get on your Boots".

Any screen capture, link, comment etc. referring to this topic will be eliminated.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom