2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's enough trolling, everyone. :)

Thavidesco, openly challenging every moderator action doesn't win you any favors, and in fact it gets rather tiresome. If you have concerns you'd like to discuss, send us a private message.

Okay let's get back to the general tour discussion guys. :)

When's the next show? :lol: I don't even know, wow this is bad.

Soo it's tonight then. Neat, it'll be interesting if they keep the setlists similar for the first and second nights.

Thavidesco, openly challenging every moderator action doesn't win you any favors, and in fact it gets rather tiresome. If you have concerns you'd like to discuss, send us a private message.

Fair call. Tours and such, ya'll!

Okay let's get back to the general tour discussion guys. :)

When's the next show? :lol: I don't even know, wow this is bad.

Soo it's tonight then. Neat, it'll be interesting if they keep the setlists similar for the first and second nights.

I'm calling only two changes from night 1.

I think Miracle Drug will get another showing, as will California. IWF rotated out, and MD added before Streets.

I would love that, and honestly hope Bono goes back to the real lyrics of MD and not his new adlibbed stuff. I don't like change. :wink:

Wonder if general fans felt cheated they didn't play One on night 1. :hmm: Really have no clue how much people go to U2 concerts to see that song, considering pop culture keeps putting it first on their songs list anyway. But hardly any hardcore fan agrees with that so we won't miss it much. :lol:

It didn´t have to happen if admin let us free to discuss things in appropriate threads instead of closing them...

Anyway, let´s focus on the tour.

I would love that, and honestly hope Bono goes back to the real lyrics of MD and not his new adlibbed stuff. I don't like change. :wink:

Wonder if general fans felt cheated they didn't play One on night 1. :hmm: Really have no clue how much people go to U2 concerts to see that song, considering pop culture keeps putting it first on their songs list anyway. But hardly any hardcore fan agrees with that so we won't miss it much. :lol:

It's not ad-libbed - the chorus change is deliberate to add some variance/interest to the chorus. I actually like it.

It didn´t have to happen if admin let us free to discuss things in appropriate threads instead of closing them...

dead-horse.gif

Anyway, let´s focus on the tour.
Please keep going and get yourself banned. :)

It's not ad-libbed - the chorus change is deliberate to add some variance/interest to the chorus. I actually like it.

Yeah that's what Bono says, but it sounds like he's just doing his best to remember the lyrics and flubs the rest. :lol: Totally doesn't seem intentional at all, so it seems pretty stupid. He's not good at remembering lyrics, we all know that, so I dunno why they feel the need to change lyrics more than 10 years after a song was finished.

Please keep going and get yourself banned. :)

Yeah that's what Bono says, but it sounds like he's just doing his best to remember the lyrics and flubs the rest. :lol: Totally doesn't seem intentional at all, so it seems pretty stupid. He's not good at remembering lyrics, we all know that, so I dunno why they feel the need to change lyrics more than 10 years after a song was finished.

The only part that seems intentional is that he repeats it.

I think it's intentional, but is awkward as people are trying to sing along as if it's the original

Yeah, but the music breakdown and build is the biggest change, ad the repetition of the songs are in your eyes line. Its identical in every chorus, except the last which doesn't have the break down bit. Definitely planned and deliberate

I don't like the change because "the songs are in your eyes / I can see it when you smile / I've seen enough I'm not giving up / on a miracle drug" was my favourite part of the song. Now that's largely gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom