2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wasnt able to find any tickets for the MSG shows. I searched for "best available" and got back section 112 behind the stage. I threw those out but now am second guessing myself. The ticket said behind the stage but not limited viewing which implies no backdrop covering the main stage... idk

i wasnt able to find any tickets for the MSG shows. I searched for "best available" and got back section 112 behind the stage. I threw those out but now am second guessing myself. The ticket said behind the stage but not limited viewing which implies no backdrop covering the main stage... idk

Those are the best seats for the money.

Those are actually good value seats, have sat in those for other tours and I have those for the shows on the 18th/19th.

I'd be buying but I no longer have any money hahaha.

As for "behind the stage," you gotta remember it's U2. Behind the stage doesn't really mean a whole lot.

I could be imagining things but it seems like they did some tweaking of the pricing, some of the seats that I think were $312 for the other shows are $118 for the two on sale today.

I could be imagining things but it seems like they did some tweaking of the pricing, some of the seats that I think were $312 for the other shows are $118 for the two on sale today.

This would not surprise me, they probably learned their lesson with those $300 upper level seats. No sense in that at all! I'd say New York will easily have 2 more shows. Chicago probably. LA could probably support 2 more but I think that 8, the original intention, is biting off a bit more than they can chew.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This would not surprise me, they probably learned their lesson with those $300 upper level seats. No sense in that at all! I'd say New York will easily have 2 more shows. Chicago probably. LA could probably support 2 more but I think that 8, the original intention, is biting off a bit more than they can chew.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Still some upper $312s but it looks like just in the lower part of the three center sections on each side.

EDIT: OK, I pretty much confirmed that they did some tweaking - Sec 210 and 213 tix that were $312 when I pulled them up last week (did not buy those) are $118 for today's shows.

Had no luck pulling down a Chicago 3 GA ticket, but I just pulled down one for Chicago 4. Depending on whether or not they'll allow transfers in the future, I might try trading that or the Chicago 1 GA ticket I have to line up my Chicago shows for two nights in a row. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

No talk of today's sales? Does that mean no one cares and I can get all the tickets? Who wants some?

Boston just went on sale at noon ET, so I'm watching the spinning circles of death at the moment, while my wait time slingshots back and forth between 12 minutes and "less than 5 minutes"...

Boston just went on sale at noon ET, so I'm watching the spinning circles of death at the moment, while my wait time slingshots back and forth between 12 minutes and "less than 5 minutes"...

Ugh... those and the 'waiting room' status updates are the worst. :lol:

Okay, so here's my little rant about TM. Why does it kick you to the back of the line if you reject the first set of tickets offered? That's not what would happen at a physical outlet. "Sorry, you don't want these? You'll have to go through the line again." I just ordered Red Sox tickets this weekend, and their system lets you poke around and look at different sets of seats without having to sit in their "virtual waiting room" again.

With TM, it's one and done. Don't like 'em? Sorry, back of the bus, pal. And then see if you even get another sniff.

"Your wait time is approximately 15 minutes or more." NEXT!

</rant>

Okay, so here's my little rant about TM. Why does it kick you to the back of the line if you reject the first set of tickets offered? That's not what would happen at a physical outlet. "Sorry, you don't want these? You'll have to go through the line again." I just ordered Red Sox tickets this weekend, and their system lets you poke around and look at different sets of seats without having to sit in their "virtual waiting room" again.

With TM, it's one and done. Don't like 'em? Sorry, back of the bus, pal. And then see if you even get another sniff.

"Your wait time is approximately 15 minutes or more." NEXT!

</rant>

TM does kinda do that now for less crazy demand shows with the Pick Your Seat seat map but when you have 100,000 people vying for the same show it is kind of useless to do that.

TM does kinda do that now for less crazy demand shows with the Pick Your Seat seat map but when you have 100,000 people vying for the same show it is kind of useless to do that.

Old Fart alert: I remember when I bought tickets for the JT tour back in '87 at an outlet in Providence RI. The guy behind the counter was madly pulling and printing as many tickets as he could, with no customers even requesting them. In fact, he was taken aback that we even knew tickets were on sale since it was a surprise announcement (heard it on WAAF). He sold us a handful of tickets from the stack, and kept on printing...

Old Fart alert: I remember when I bought tickets for the JT tour back in '87 at an outlet in Providence RI. The guy behind the counter was madly pulling and printing as many tickets as he could, with no customers even requesting them. In fact, he was taken aback that we even knew tickets were on sale since it was a surprise announcement (heard it on WAAF). He sold us a handful of tickets from the stack, and kept on printing...
And he sold the rest to a scalper on Federal Hill later that night.

My buddy got 2 GA and he's in boston area. I got great loge section 115... also tons of balcony seats for night 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom