2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they'll do an entire week on the tonight show now, but I'd imagine they'll be doing at least one night on there.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I love the promo tour performances of the new songs, so I really hope they can do a few before the tour.

Although Bono did say he's cancelled all appearances before the tour so he can recover in time for it, so we might not get anything after all.

Yeah, I wonder if they're still planning on rescheduling the Tonight Show appearance(s).

Maybe they will wait until SOE is imminent/just released and/or right before the stadium leg goes on sale - which will probably put a residency almost exactly a year after they were originally supposed to be doing it.

Kind of think they'll do Fallon once they hit NY during the tour.

Band is probably really focused on the tour right now. About 60 days until opening night and we haven't even seen a picture of the stage :huh:

Seriously...any TV appearances would just steal the drama of Bono walking out onstage in Vancouver, "ready to rumble" as he put it. I've been imagining the audience response when the lights first shine on him walking out there, or just....wow, wouldn't it be great if just for sake of having a dramatic opening, they forgo the tradition of opening with something new, and just open with something like Streets, that long intro with him singing something in the dark, and then the lights going up and he's just standing there? God, what a moment. Why would you want TV to spoil that?

Would if be bad taste if I go to the 1st Vancouver show with a sign that says BONO, and every O is a Bicycle wheel?

Seriously...any TV appearances would just steal the drama of Bono walking out onstage in Vancouver, "ready to rumble" as he put it. I've been imagining the audience response when the lights first shine on him walking out there, or just....wow, wouldn't it be great if just for sake of having a dramatic opening, they forgo the tradition of opening with something new, and just open with something like Streets, that long intro with him singing something in the dark, and then the lights going up and he's just standing there? God, what a moment. Why would you want TV to spoil that?

That's a nice "Kodak moment" scenario you've put forward. however, if I'm not wrong usually the first show of most U2 tours are fairly bumpy affairs and lot of things don't go smoothly. If fact it does take them a handful of shows before they get everything down to a science.

My desire to see them on TV before the tour is simply because I may not be able to make to any of the shows this tour. So the week they were going to spend on the Tonight show + other appearances they might have done if not for Bono's injury would have been nice substitute.

I heard they're playing the opening of the Tour de France

If they can go from Chicago on July 2nd to Utrecht Holland on the 4th then back to Toronto on the 6th then you may be right :hmm: /s

Would if be bad taste if I go to the 1st Vancouver show with a sign that says BONO, and every O is a Bicycle wheel?

Please do this, I will pay you to do this

i will not pay you to do this

If they can go from Chicago on July 2nd to Utrecht Holland on the 4th then back to Toronto on the 6th then you may be right :hmm: /s

On 360 they did the Baltimore/Glastonbury/East Lansing run in just as many days, so it is possible. I was at the east Lansing show and figured the band would give us a lazy, jet lagged show. Quite the opposite!

I really doubt they're going to play a 6th Chicago show on July 3rd due to the fact the July 2nd show is far from selling out, so it is possible. Still seems unlikely, though.

On 360 they did the Baltimore/Glastonbury/East Lansing run in just as many days, so it is possible. I was at the east Lansing show and figured the band would give us a lazy, jet lagged show. Quite the opposite!

They were probaly relieved that they were miles away from glastonbury?

Wut the Tour De France is opening here? :lol: HOw did I not know that?

I really doubt they're going to play a 6th Chicago show on July 3rd due to the fact the July 2nd show is far from selling out, so it is possible. Still seems unlikely, though.

I was at E Lansing as well and it was amazing. Still listen to the live mp3s fairly often.

And yeah, a "Kodak" moment would be nice for Vancouver but you have to remember, opening nights are bumpy, and they will obviously be soundchecking and rehearsing somewhere before the tour. They NEED to promote this tour in the US and push the albums. The accident shot the US promo tour, so I would not be remotely surprised to see them hole up in NYC next month and rehearse as well as do the talk show run right before the opener. Show everyone that B is in full fighting mode, increase demand for the 2016 stadium shows, increase album sales/downloads, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

LA 6, 7 & 8.
Chicago 6.

Doubt they'll happen, but were on the original itinerary.

Yeah, if only there were other cities they could add shows in to fill those dates...

If these are truly pairs of shows, they need another Chicago and LA show.

They're pushing the Chicago shows pretty hard on FB....betting we get a Chi6 announced sooner rather than later.

Adam was the first to mention "pairs" of shows back when SoI was released, so I'm laying odds that each city will indeed have an even number of shows by the time May is here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Wut the Tour De France is opening here? :lol: HOw did I not know that?

You didn't know Le Grand Depart is from Utrecht this year? :shocked:
No, U2 won't be playing. But Kraftwerk will. :drool:
After first never expecting to see them live at all, this will then be the third time I'll be seeing them this year. Together with one of your friends. :tongue:

You didn't know Le Grand Depart is from Utrecht this year? :shocked:
No, U2 won't be playing. But Kraftwerk will. :drool:
After first never expecting to see them live at all, this will then be the third time I'll be seeing them this year. Together with one of your friends. :tongue:

:reject: No I hadn't heard that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom