2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AC/DC has had the same lineup for a while, but that's with a new lead singer. and the current lineup is on the verge of falling apart due to health reasons.

I just had to chuckle on that one--of course that's accurate, but the "new" singer has been there 35 years!

Enjoy this ride the next couple of years, never know when it may be the last one. Of course, I thought that with Springsteen on the '99-00 reunion tour, I've probably seen 40 shows since then, and he's still going strong.

Nearly every band goes through lineup changes. We could make the argument that U2 hasn't had their original lineup for decades, because Dik Evans is no longer in the band (he left in 1978).

Nearly every band goes through lineup changes. We could make the argument that U2 hasn't had their original lineup for decades, because Dik Evans is no longer in the band (he left in 1978).

When Dik Evans left the band, it was either Feedback or the Hype. U2 wasn't named U2 until way after he left. So no, U2 has not ever had a lineup change.

When Dik Evans left the band, it was either Feedback or the Hype. U2 wasn't named U2 until way after he left. So no, U2 has not ever had a lineup change.

He left when it was still Feedback if I remember. I know Virgin Prunes were formed around the same time....did VP open for them when they were Feedback or just when they were The Hype? My Baby Era history is shaky at best lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

He was a member of both. And both are also U2. It's like trying to argue that pearl jam and mookie blaylock are different bands.

Or even better! It's like saying that Prince and the Artist Formerly Known as Prince are two different artists.

He was a member of both. And both are also U2. It's like trying to argue that pearl jam and mookie blaylock are different bands.

Or even better! It's like saying that Prince and the Artist Formerly Known as Prince are two different artists.

That's actually quite different, as Prince and TAFKAP were both the same person.

Feedback and U2 have a difference between them, that difference being that Feedback had 5 members and U2 has only had 4. How hard is that to understand? Dik was never in U2 as it simply did not exist when he was in the band. The name U2 was picked way after he left, thus he was not in U2. U2 has always been a four man band.

Not that hard to grasp I'd say.

Plus they never recorded anything with Dick Evans in the band, much less released anything. As far as we know they were little more than a fledgling cover band when Dick was there. I doubt he had anything to do with writing any of U2's first songs.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

No, it would be like saying Pearl Jam and Temple of the Dog or Mother Love Bone are the same bands.

Or that Steel Mill is actually the same thing as Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band because both acts featured Bruce on vocals and Steven Van Zandt on guitar.

They were not the same band.

U2 has forever been just the four members. There isn't a chance they'd continue if one of them could no longer go on.

The validity of this Is doubtful, but there's a ton of people in this thread that have expressed wanting to avoid this kind of potential information. So I think in the future we should label any sort of link/info like this as "***POSSIBLE SETLIST SPOILER***"

i hardly think that's necessary, as this is clearly fake.

it's simply a number of pre-existing sound checks thrown together by somebody with way too much time on their hands.

The validity of this Is doubtful, but there's a ton of people in this thread that have expressed wanting to avoid this kind of potential information. So I think in the future we should label any sort of link/info like this as "***POSSIBLE SETLIST SPOILER***"

Clearly not any kind of spoiler, they are long-existent audio bits. At this point I doubt they have done much rehearsal for the tour, if any at all, let alone any soundchecks...

I would certainly hope that they've taken this unexpected vacation as a time to do... something, whether that's recording on Songs of Experience or brushing up on back material or figuring out how to play the new songs live.

Otherwise it's truly been a complete waste of time.

Well they have been talking about having done songwriting, would imagine there was a bit of studio time put in as well when the B-man was in LA a few weeks ago.

I can't wait to hear the "in the name of Bob" version, it's about time they change up that song.

And Robert Plant covers are always the way to go...

I would certainly hope that they've taken this unexpected vacation as a time to do... something, whether that's recording on Songs of Experience or brushing up on back material or figuring out how to play the new songs live.

They probably finished mixing SoE. I remember interviews for SoI where they said it was 3/4ths done. They can mix vocals and arrangements if all the actual recording is done. *shrug*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I can't wait to hear the "in the name of Bob" version, it's about time they change up that song.

Bob-Marley-008.jpg

Agreed! :rockon:

I'm sure they're busy beating the spark out of some once-interesting songs.

Will U2 do any type of pre-Tour promotion in the U.S.?

I know there's not that much time left until the tour starts and they will likely spend that time in rehearsals but I figure, doing some promotional appearances on Late Night shows, etc might serve as a dry run and do some last minute promotion as well.

Especially since they haven't had any promotional appearances in the U.S. for SOI except for the Album release announcement at the Apple event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom