2011 MLB Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must attempt to sleep tonight and get up for work tomorrow. Thanks all for lending some levity to the night.

As I've said, I hate the Cards but, at this moment right now, after seeing what those two teams have done...I think I want a Cards/Rays World Series.

Fuck the Rays. That was exciting, but that is the worst franchise in sports. What a pathetic fanbase.

Hey gotta give the Marlins credit they had a full house tonight to say farewell to the Florida Marlins.

Only had to supply a Strasburg start, the entire 1993 inaugural team, the majority of the 1997 and 2003 teams, the entire Marlins FO, Ozzie Guillen being named manager, Mike Piazza, Jeff Conine, and a helecopter to do it. But it happened! :|

As I've said, I hate the Cards but, at this moment right now, after seeing what those two teams have done...I think I want a Cards/Rays World Series.

I have no respect for franchises that fall backwards into the playoffs, so tonight was great. That's not enough to make me cheer for the Cardinals though.

As far as ideal World Series, the two teams I'm most favorably disposed to, the Rangers and Rays, will be facing off this weekend, so I can't really decide from there. As long as it isn't Yankees and Phils, I guess.

Go Brewers is my bit.

Cards can't go anywhere. Cards need to be swept... Pujols needs to take his talents to South Beach.

Might have to make a pilgrimage to Arlington this weekend. Stay tuned.

DRay9911 said:
Braves games moved away from tbs a few years ago. It moved to something called peachtree tv. It's a different regional cable network

Ah, shows you how often I watch Braves games.

As for the Rays game and where it could have been viewed, I found it on a channel I have called ESPN alternate. Not that this info is useful now.

Screw the Cards, I hope they get swept. Not a fan of the Brewers either. Might be one of the only times I cheer on the Phils. But more importantly, let's fucking DO this shit, Texas!

Reflecting on last night, I have to say, I really needed a day like yesterday. I have been really down on baseball the last two seasons, this season especially. I probably haven't watched more than 8 or 9 games in full this year, and that really has depressed me. I thought maybe I was losing my love for the sport, I have grown pretty fond of football in the last few years, but tonight, watching those four games play out really gave me that rush of baseball love I have missed, and I'm really excited for the post season. I seriously spent my whole shift at work thinking about those games and what an awesome unique moment they were...

yeah, I'd like it if my team played better, and I'm sure that's negatively colored my view as well. I guess I just needed a jump start of some sort, and the wild card race proved to be it.

I really hope the Phils don't get the noon game on Saturday, because I can't watch in that case, as I'll be working at another sporting event.

PhilsFan said:
I really hope the Phils don't get the noon game on Saturday, because I can't watch in that case, as I'll be working at another sporting event.

I'd bet on that game getting the better time slot.

In order of preference:
Yankees
Rays
Brewers
Phillies
Tigers
Rangers
Cardinals
Diamondbacks

Tigers over Yankees
Rays over Rangers

Cardinals over Phillies
Brewers over Diamondbacks

Rays over Tigers
Brewers over Cardinals

Rays over Brewers in 6

Leggo.

If we must:

Tigers over Chunky Chunky
Impy over Vitale
Peef over Chizip
Baby Cecil over Dbags

Tigers over Impy
Harvey's Wallbangers over Peef

Mikal over Dalton in 6

I'm very happy with the Yankees continuing to be the underdog. Worked well so far!

oad8jt.png

Impy, that's one of the best stories of this baseball season. The Scioscia is brilliant narrative needs to die.

Let's recap:

Vernon Wells 2011 season: 529PA, .218/.248/.412 for a replacement-level 0.3 WAR. Made $26 million this year, scheduled to receive $24.6 million per year through 2014.

Mike Napoli 2011 season: 432PA, .320/.414/.631 for 5.7 WAR. Made $5.8 million, still arbitration-eligible next year.

Good job, Mr. Reagins.

Hate to break it to you, but Yanks are far from underdogs.
2nd choice behind the Phils to win the Series, clear favorites to win the ALCS.

That was more tongue-in-cheek, and I know that betting odds would favor the Yankees. But I don't think many people would argue that they are clear favorites in practice. I actually think it's a pretty even field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom