Las Vegas Presale/General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think that's OFFICIAL official. Its not up on ticketmaster yet.

The concern with Sam Boyd was that the field may not be wide enough to accommodate the stage in the traditional configuration. They may have to use the Norman configuration with the stage at midfield facing one sideline.

anyone think there's a chance at GA still on public on-sale date?

Seriously doubt it.
As this is the smallest stadium of the tour.
Also depends on if there is a cap on the number of GA tickets sold during the pre-sale, so a certain amount of GA tickets will be available to the general public.
Does anyone know?

Yay! I'll be looking for 4 seats too :hmm: Driving in to Vegas on Thursday, then back to San Diego on Sat., then up to LA !! :hyper:

Same here :) . I'll be probably flying to Las Vegas on Friday. Walk around the strip on saturday and just chill. Fly back to San Diego on Sunday morning and drive to L.A.

Hoping we get two Vegas shows! Anyone think there's a chance of that happening? I can't bring myself to go to the Rosebowl. It looks like a crappy venue for a concert.

The concern with Sam Boyd was that the field may not be wide enough to accommodate the stage in the traditional configuration. They may have to use the Norman configuration with the stage at midfield facing one sideline.

Ugh I hope not, that's a crappy configuration.

Aren't all football fields the same size? I know nothing about this, but it seems like only the seats around the field would be different, not the field itself. What am I missing? Is there a lot of extra ground space on the perimeter of the field in the bigger stadiums?

Hoping we get two Vegas shows! Anyone think there's a chance of that happening? I can't bring myself to go to the Rosebowl. It looks like a crappy venue for a concert.

You can't bring yourself to go? Are you insane?! There's going to be over 90,000 people...it's not the greatest place sound-wise, but depending on your location it could be pretty spectacular...it could be the most epic show on the tour so far!

The "playable" area of the field is standard across football stadium venues but how much area surrounds it (eg the sidelines and beyond endzones) probably varies.

not going to happen...saturday is the travel day and the rose bowl is sunday. they aren't playing 3 straight nights.

You can't bring yourself to go? Are you insane?! There's going to be over 90,000 people...it's not the greatest place sound-wise, but depending on your location it could be pretty spectacular...it could be the most epic show on the tour so far!

I've been there for sporting events and, IMO, it sucked. I'm doing Boston, NY and Vegas instead. I'm not saying I won't cave later but for now, I prefer the other venues. Plus, I'm channeling the crap seats I had for PopMart at the LA Coliseum so filtering LA stadiums through that bad experience.

And, personally, I'm not so inspired by the spectacle of it all. I just want to hear good music (sound quality) and not have to watch the band on a big screen. But I'm old and have been to lots of shows. It's taken me a while to get to this mindset.

Aren't all football fields the same size? I know nothing about this, but it seems like only the seats around the field would be different, not the field itself. What am I missing? Is there a lot of extra ground space on the perimeter of the field in the bigger stadiums?

Contrary to what other people here are thinking, in American football stadiums, the number of field level GA tickets will probably be the same at each venue (except for Rogers Centre, which will be in baseball configuration, and Norman, which will be in a sideline-stage configuration).

The seating capacity of the venue is noncontributory to the number of GA seats they will sell.

hey all! i'm going for sure...probably with a lot of friends. just an fyi...as stated somewhere else, sam boyd has it's own ticketing system, same as thomas and mack...it's a part of UNLV. i expect it will not redirect us to ticketbastard, given past experience. live nation for the US has so far as i know redirected you to ticketbastard for the onsales. but i would be shocked if this went thru TM or live nation. given my thomas and mack experience that should make things easier too! :up:

also, there's no way they can do 2 vegas, cuz i agree with another post, one has to be a travel/set-up day for la. and i HIGHLY doubt there will be a 2nd la either, just a hunch. the rose bowl is huge....so i don't think they need to. :shrug:

So you think it will redirect you where? :der: And do you need to make an account there? If so, please post the link so we can save some time.

So you think it will redirect you where? :der: And do you need to make an account there? If so, please post the link so we can save some time.

oh, sorry...i thought i saw this posted in another thread. i do not believe it will redirect you anywhere.....they have their own system. :shrug:

go to....

UNLVtickets.com

i was thinking....does it HAVE to be ticketmaster, because of the presale???

oh, sorry...i thought i saw this posted in another thread. i do not believe it will redirect you anywhere.....they have their own system. :shrug:

go to....

UNLVtickets.com

i was thinking....does it HAVE to be ticketmaster, because of the presale???

I'm almost certain it'll be TM. Sam Boyd Stadium has never shown up on TM before, and then in the last week, there it is.

It doesn't have the U2 seating chart yet, but by the timing of it, it seems a reasonable assumption that it is there for U2.

I'll be happy to be wrong BTW.

Mark

just an fyi...as stated somewhere else, sam boyd has it's own ticketing system, same as thomas and mack...it's a part of UNLV. i expect it will not redirect us to ticketbastard, given past experience. live nation for the US has so far as i know redirected you to ticketbastard for the onsales. but i would be shocked if this went thru TM or live nation. given my thomas and mack experience that should make things easier too! :up:

I do seem to remember that the Vegas Popmart show (also at Sam Boyd) did not use TM. :hmm:

neither popmart or elevation used TM. they are UNLV. vertigo did use it cuz it was at mgm.

and mark, i've seen sam boyd on TM in past, but never any events listed. it's weird. :scratch:

anyway, you might be right....but from all i've heard and done....it would be a first. :shrug: i swear this is on a thread about general ticket info or something. there were some other people besides me posting the same thing. :hmm:

Someone mentioned (on some thread - don't remember which) that they might do presale through TM and regular sale through their own normal site, since this was done on the last tour for some venue (I'm thinking Buffalo - that arena doesn't use TM). That would make sense to me since I'm sure they need to keep all the presale codes in one database somewhere - not sure the UNLV system could handle that. And that could also explain Sam Boyd now showing on TM...

But who knows - I'm only speculating!!

Questions:

(1) Ticketmaster indicates that you can buy a U2.com membership and buy presale tickets in the same transaction, but only on the day after the Boots presale. However, U2.com doesn't seem to indicate any difference between Boots members. Thoughts?

(2) Is there any chance I can score GAs in the presale under a new membership? Perhaps most people have used their codes?

Thanks!

Contrary to what other people here are thinking, in American football stadiums, the number of field level GA tickets will probably be the same at each venue (except for Rogers Centre, which will be in baseball configuration, and Norman, which will be in a sideline-stage configuration).

The seating capacity of the venue is noncontributory to the number of GA seats they will sell.
Yeah, this is logical. People keep talking about how GAs are going to be hard to get because the venue is small, but that doesn't make any sense to me. It should be roughly the same at every show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom