Rome Setlist Party Thread I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:

I am a girl. You couldn't sense my girlish charms? :sad:

Where you in the Bunch of ten Girls from Toronto in San Diego (tour Opener?)

Yeah, now i sense your girlish charms....REALLY...Hope it's not too late for me the make a good first impression....Oh well.....

uwwedoogie said:

I'm doing my final exams in June, they can't play then...

this year Twickers was slap bang in the middle (but on a weekend, phew!) of my exams, and Cardiff on the 29th was the day after my last exam - but i missed all the others cos i either had an exam on that day or the morning after :sad:

fredstab said:

Nearly Include??? You are 99.9% sure?? Wow!!!!!!!

I wish to see please again (and Ultraviolet, but i'm noy a daydreamer!)

Yep, that's what the reports I've heard say, and that IS when the Please snippet debuted in Bullet The Blue Sky.

Vague rumours of Ultra Violet floated around before the tour, but I think that was just Bono saying he'd like to play it again. No actual rehearsal of it, though, to my knowledge.

uwwedoogie said:

I'm doing my final exams in June, they can't play then...
i canceled all my finals so i could go make three shows in December...if only i were your professor, sweetie :wink:

Miss Sarajevo was a Big surprises and I'm Really happy that they did that song....I'm not complaining and whinning Now, I just want to say, That Miss Sarajevo was a great and nice surprise, but NOW, I would rather see RTSS instead of Miss (Or a Rotation like RTSS, MiSS, RTSS, RTSS, RTSS, Miss, RTSS...)

fredstab said:

Where you in the Bunch of ten Girls from Toronto in San Diego (tour Opener?)

Yeah, now i sense your girlish charms....REALLY...Hope it's not too late for me the make a good first impression....Oh well.....

Too late. :grumpy:

:wink:

No, I wasn't there, the Toronto shows will be my first....also working on Chicago, and then I have tickets to Buffalo in Dec.

Axver said:

Yep, that's what the reports I've heard say, and that IS when the Please snippet debuted in Bullet The Blue Sky.

Vague rumours of Ultra Violet floated around before the tour, but I think that was just Bono saying he'd like to play it again. No actual rehearsal of it, though, to my knowledge.

we did get a teeny-weeny snippet of Ultraviolet on the first leg, but nothing big, just a few "Lights my Waaaays" at the end of Beautiful Day, from what im lead to believe

redkat said:

Can you describe the bed, view and pool table again to us?

:drool: I'll bring the beer:wink:

The bed is comfy, the pool table is cluttered but can be swiftly cleared for pool, and my room has a splendid view of the sunrise over the Australian east coast.

And there's a fridge for refreshments!

ruffian said:

i'm teaching a class in Dublin in May, so they better come back in June. I'd dump my students for U2 in two seconds.

"ok, you kiddies go play in the pub while I'm at the shows..." :laugh:

I've already promised myself that the next time they perform in Dublin I'm there - next summer would work out quite well

Axver said:

Or it was not even from Bono, but from Fans Fantasy....

Princey said:

this year Twickers was slap bang in the middle (but on a weekend, phew!) of my exams, and Cardiff on the 29th was the day after my last exam - but i missed all the others cos i either had an exam on that day or the morning after :sad:

if they returned to ireland where would they play?

they won't do Croke Park, won't be allowed next year,
Landsowne Road will need about 340 gigs to fit demand,
Slane they've done it before and isn't until Spetember...

so...Phenoix Park!!!!!!!

130,000 people :drool:

they gotta come back...

saw Chili's in Phenoix Park, perfect place for concerts! It would be their biggest gig ever and in their hometown

Princey said:

we did get a teeny-weeny snippet of Ultraviolet on the first leg, but nothing big, just a few "Lights my Waaaays" at the end of Beautiful Day, from what im lead to believe

Yes, I heard about that too, I would love to know what show that was!

fredstab said:
Miss Sarajevo was a Big surprises and I'm Really happy that they did that song....I'm not complaining and whinning Now, I just want to say, That Miss Sarajevo was a great and nice surprise, but NOW, I would rather see RTSS instead of Miss (Or a Rotation like RTSS, MiSS, RTSS, RTSS, RTSS, Miss, RTSS...)

I'm probably in the minority here but I'm not crazy about the rtss version on this tour. The zootv version was just:drool:

Axver said:

The bed is comfy, the pool table is cluttered but can be swiftly cleared for pool, and my room has a splendid view of the sunrise over the Australian east coast.

I thought you were possessive of your comfy bed. :eyebrow:

Axver said:

Sounds perfect. :drool: this better happen someday setlist party at axvers

VintagePunk said:

I thought you were possessive of your comfy bed. :eyebrow:

I never said anyone could HAVE it, I was just told to describe it! :wink:

VintagePunk said:

Too late. :grumpy:

DAMMIT!!!!!

:heart: :heart:

You should come to Montreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the best place to see U2 in America! Loudest Crowd of the Elevation Tour! I'm gonna pay you a drink or a big giant pretzels if you come here! :) (Kidding again, but....)

the rockin edge said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I'm not crazy about the rtss version on this tour. The zootv version was just:drool:

I agree with that... Most chilling moment in the history of U2 "halay... halleluja..." from Zoo TV, without a doubt

lcfcok said:

I agree with that... Most chilling moment in the history of U2 "halay... halleluja..." from Zoo TV, without a doubt

the way he "injected the heroin" with the drum beat is so cool... and then into streets, what coulda been better? :drool:

babyman said:
why do the guys perform in stadiums in america, too? is it possible they're no more able to make sold outs in america stadiums?

They could easily get sellouts in some markets, such as NYC, Boston, Chicago, LA, et cetera; it's just that to properly cater to all markets, they would have to include some arenas. i.e. they can sell out an arena in Tampa but not a stadium.

I think U2 should go back to the JT Tour formula with a mixture of arenas and stadiums.

the rockin edge said:

I so like RTSS, but i'm with you Zootv tour version was 10 times better.

In fact, name me one Zootv tour songs that is better live now?

PRIDE? NO
Where The Streets? Absolutely NO

Maybe....maybe....maybe (not even sure) Zoo Station....But Zoo Station was awesome in zoo too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom