Glasgow Setlist Party Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vertigo
All Because Of You
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You
Yahweh
Vertigo

neutral said:

I'm uploading

*hopes he doesnt look like a freak*

theres already enough evidence of me looking like a freak around these parts...

Extract from Willie's diary on U2.com re Twickenham curfew - I was having a read while the server here was playing games:

There is a very strict curfew at the Twickenham ground and we were warned that the consequences of running beyond 10.30 were dire (i.e. no show tomorrow). On the other hand we knew that the daylight would be an issue here so didn’t want to start the show any earlier than was absolutely necessary, so we planned a dressing room strategy to play as many songs as possible whilst ending as close to 10.30 as we could. This was substantially the same set as Manchester night two, as particularly ‘Still Haven’t Found’ worked so well. The band wanted to put Mysterious Ways back in, so we did the mathematics and worked out we needed to roll the intro tape at 8.18pm.

It was a great show and the audience were mad for it, despite having been microwaved within an inch of their lives. Many bands find London audiences intimidating, but U2 have always loved playing here and the audiences have responded in kind.

vertigo in the end...... OMG how boring is it to play twice the same exact setlist!!!!!?????

I'm disappointed.....but hey, now they can only switch their setlist a little bit....:wink:

Well, it was fun again 'peeps. I'm off to wallow in my summer sickness.

The dance off is scheduled for the 24th during the Dublin shows... come prepared...
:wave:

kellyahern said:
Vertigo
All Because Of You
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You
Yahweh
Vertigo

shithappens.gif

KevLW said:

It was a great show and the audience were mad for it, despite having been microwaved within an inch of their lives. Many bands find London audiences intimidating, but U2 have always loved playing here and the audiences have responded in kind.

hell yeah.
I look like a burnt crisp.

and was totally mad for it.

my bet is for some suprises if dublin, i mean there gonna want to save some things for there home town, something that will make them extra special and seperate them from any other show on the tour,

so i would say look for some songs to debut in dublin

Ok, I really have to get back to work. I'll check back in this evening. Bye all :wave:

(Hi and bye Diane - can't wait to hear about the Oasis show {sami too!})

its bullshit.
play it at the end, and start with something else.

and willies diary says it all
"On the other hand we knew that the daylight would be an issue here so didn’t want to start the show any earlier than was absolutely necessary, so we planned a dressing room strategy to play as many songs as possible whilst ending as close to 10.30 as we could"

why the fuck not go on any earlier. are they afraid of playing with no lights?
bullshit

browneyedgirl40 said:
Why? do they never play? man and a woman?

I don't know, U2 seems to be totally ignoring the second half of the Bomb...we get Yahweh and we've gotten Original of the Species a couple times and that's it.

beau2ifulday said:
have they ever performed Crumbs yet on this tour?

No. Will they ever? Who knows. I thought it'd be a given live, but apparently not...I'd take it over Miracle Drug any day.

I guess I can understand the omission of One Step Closer and A Man and a Woman, but I agree with AtomicBono - I would have thought it would potentially have been one of the stronger live songs on the albums :shrug:

brwh1 said:
its bullshit.
play it at the end, and start with something else.

and willies diary says it all
"On the other hand we knew that the daylight would be an issue here so didn’t want to start the show any earlier than was absolutely necessary, so we planned a dressing room strategy to play as many songs as possible whilst ending as close to 10.30 as we could"

why the fuck not go on any earlier. are they afraid of playing with no lights?
bullshit
oh ye lets spend loads of money on something nice for the folks, then go on earlier so they cant even see it,

hmmm, its no secret that in london and manchester, when the darkness fell the concert went into another gear, and everyone that went to these shows will testify

browneyedgirl40 said:
Why? do they never play? man and a woman?

Because they would have to kick The Edge hard in his balls before he should sing "Brown eyed girl across the street+++"

Larry said he could gladly do it, but The Edge refused :wink: :wink: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom