Pro Wrestling Thread- Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's kind of a waste. There were so many great tag teams back in the day. Surprised they'd go with these guys. How about Demolition?

Uhh, yeah, I would have definitely inducted Demolition before the Bushwhackers. Before they were the family friendly Bushwhackers in the WWF, they were known as the Sheepherders. They were a lot crazier then.

WWE has released former World and WWE Champion, Rey Mysterio. The last couple of years, Rey had been battling injuries and was seldom seen on WWE TV. He was with the company since 2002.

And the next inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame is... Alundra Blaze! AKA-Madusa. During Alundra's run as WWF Women's Champion in the 1990's, she was regarded as the "Bret Hart" of ladies' wrestling. Of course, she's also infamous for dropping the WWF Women's Championship belt into a garbage pail during a broadcast of WCW Monday Nitro. This action was seen as highly controversial at the time.

Another inductee has been announced for the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame class. Former AWA Heavyweight Champion, Larry Zbyszko. Zbyszko wrestled in almost every major wrestling promotion in the last 40 years, but started out in the WWWF and was trained by the great Bruno Sammartino.

An inductee for this year's class that I forgot to announce is former WWF and WCW Champion, Kevin Nash. Nash will be inducted by Shawn Michaels.

WWE Champion, Brock Lesnar, appeared on ESPN today in an interview and announced that he has re-signed with WWE. He said that Vince McMahon made him an offer that he could not refuse. He also announced that he will never return to UFC and that his career ended there when got injured.

WrestleMania 31 is coming up this Sunday. Roman Reigns will be challenging Lesnar for his WWE Championship.

Also on the card, Sting will be facing Triple HHH in his first ever WWE match.

This pleases me. Now I can stop seeing articles about "omg will Brock return to mma!?!?!?" Right?

WWE Champion, Brock Lesnar, appeared on ESPN today in an interview and announced that he has re-signed with WWE. He said that Vince McMahon made him an offer that he could not refuse. He also announced that he will never return to UFC and that his career ended there when got injured.

WrestleMania 31 is coming up this Sunday. Roman Reigns will be challenging Lesnar for his WWE Championship.

Also on the card, Sting will be facing Triple HHH in his first ever WWE match.
I'll see if I can find somewhere to watch that.

I'll see if I can find somewhere to watch that.

You know what sucks? The 90 minute Walking Dead season finale is going up against it. I know I can record it of course, but oh the dilemma.

I don't have the WWE Network, so it'll cost me 65 bucks to watch. My decision to purchase it will probably be a last minute one.

This pleases me. Now I can stop seeing articles about "omg will Brock return to mma!?!?!?" Right?

Me too. As a WWE fan, I'm happy to see him return. I don't care if he's part time. He's still one of their top guys. Plus, all of those dumbass headlines ending in a question mark can go away. Lesnar is 38 now. His MMA time has passed.

I hope I can get to see it without being spoiled, somehow. I got really sick today and couldn't go anywhere. But I doubt it.

Noooooo not spoilers!

You got 24 hours. :wink:

For the first time in 9 years, I didn't watch the show. The Walking Dead season finale was on and I chose to watch that instead. I don't have the WWE Network, so it would have cost me 65 bucks to catch the show. Plus, I would have watched it by myself and sometimes that's not exactly fun. I did however keep informed thanks to the awesome folks at PWInsider and their live blog about the evening's festivities. I heard it was a great show.

WrestleMania 31 took place this past Sunday. Here are some of the highlights:

Divas Tag Match: Paige and AJ defeated the Bellas.

The Big Show won the Andre The Giant Battle Royal

Triple H defeated Sting thanks to some help from the sledgehammer and a Shawn Michaels superkick. Also, DX (Billy Gunn, The Road Dog and X-Pac)came out to back up The Game. Then the nWo (Hogan, Hall and Nash) came out to back up Sting. After the match, H and Sting shook hands.

Randy Orton defeated Seth Rollins

Daniel Bryan won the IC title in a wild IC title Ladder Match

Undertaker defeated Bray Wyatt

In the Main Event, Seth Rollins cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase towards the end of the Brock Lesnar/Roman Reigns WWE Championship match making it a 3 way dance. Rollins pinned Reigns to become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion before a sellout crowd of over 76,000 at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California.

The Rock and Ronda Rousey faced off against Stephanie McMahon and Triple H. Rock let Rousey, who was sitting at ringside, come into the ring and have the fun of tossing around H and The Billion Dollar Princess. Perhaps a mixed tag match for these four at WM 32?

Former WWE Divas Champion, AJ Lee, (April Mendez) has announced that she is retiring from WWE.

-Definitely a serious blow to WWE's Divas division. AJ is the longest reigning Divas Champion. Not too much of a surprise, though. AJ, of course, is the wife of former WWE Champion, CM Punk, who left WWE under bad terms in early 2014. Punk is currently involved in a lawsuit with WWE's doctor.

Was out at the Royal Children's Hospital here in Melbourne with Hulk Hogan this morning. Later did a phone interview. "Oh Daniel? I thought I was talking to a hot babe named Danielle. Damn."

Yeah. We were supposed to do a video interview but his crew raced off before we got a chance. Probably more important that he hits up sick kids ICU though.

Making the rounds in the news is that WWE has fired WWE Hall of Famer, Hulk Hogan, for racist comments that were caught on a videotape that was recorded several years ago. Hogan has apologized for the comments, but WWE has done everything they possibly can to distance themselves from Hogan. Hogan was one of the judges on the current season of WWE's reality show, Tough Enough. Rumors are that WWE Hall of Famer, Ric Flair, might replace him on the show.

I guess the WWE has also fired every single wrestler, writer, and Vince McMahon himself for every racist storyline over the last 40+ years.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom