You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's my reaction after the 6th or 7th listen.

I loved Vertigo the second I heard the "Hello, hello!" chorus and I love it to this day.

This one is different. After it was over after my first listen I went "Hmm. Well...that was different!"

There's no doubt it rocks, the guitar riff is catchy. The "You don't know" chorus is excellent, love the Middle Eastern vibe. The bridge with the big drums and "Let me in the sound" is friggin awesome, may be the high point of the song. And it does sound very modern and electric in parts also.

At the same time, the lyrics come blerted out at you so fast it's hard to even get the idea of the song. Why is it called "Boots" anyway? And I feel like the "sexy boots" part is a bit weak. I don't think it will be as big of a hit as Vertigo because it's kind of hard to tell what's going on in the song with all the lyrics and trying to figure out what the constant "boots" lines mean.

I do think it's very promising for the rest of the album though. It sounds modern and definitely different with some new stuff going on for sure. I do like the song, I think it will kick ass live, and I CAN'T WAIT TIL MARCH 3RD!!!
:up:

well lads, i gotta wake up in 2 hours, i got my fix

help a lad and be there for me when I mention I have a really good excuse for having bags under my eyes to my boss

:iamfreakingoutrightnow:

I think it's the second weakest first single from them.

I think you're...

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

:wink:

Doesn't appear to have cracked the iTunes Top 100 yet. I wonder how often they update the stats.

I'll bet it will climb the chart tomorrow. All the normal people in the states are in bed right now. :D

not me!!!! I've listened 30 times so far....not gonna post my thoughts on it just yet though, it's gonna take some time....

and I hope Bono's voice sounds different, more epic, and more full and powerful on NLOTH :pray:

Well folks... I think I'm going to bed... I've listened to Boots enough times for me to get completely sick of an "normal song that I like".

Tomorrow I'll listen to it again... and if I still feel that it's amazing and mind-blowing as I feel now I'll know that I'm right!

Goodnight and cheers to everyone!

Nice production. Shades of Vertigo in the verses, Discotheque in the riff.

The good parts are the Fast cars-ish "You don't know how beautiful you are" chorus and the "let me in the sound" break down.

Very weak as a first single though. And that is a "monster riff" from Edge ? O-kay...

i love it... i love how for a moment you think oh yeah i've got it and then it suddenly turns round and takes you by surprise again and you think what the?! and then the music carries you away again... bit like a rollercoaster i guess with its twists and turns and changes of pace... crazy beautiful :heart:

Well, I'm a bit more optimistic about the new album now that I've heard Boots.

I think it's the second weakest first single from them.

Again why does it not shock me that you didnt like it?, i said a few months ago that there where some people on this forum that no matter what would not like this, but to be fair, a couple of them have suprised me ;)

Found it on itunes and just cranked it several times on my way to work. Two words describe this song ... KICK ASS!

any else think this may be about a few middle eastern issues (eg treatment of women, as well as the war on terror?)

It would really parralel with the chorus. eg not allowed to wear revealing clothing (sexy boot, get on your boots, you dont know how beautiful you are)

Women are the future, hold the big revelations
That's an interesting observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom