You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question: The song that was sent is that the Itunes copy? :)

It just sounds so amazing! POP and AB mix there! The heavy riff reminds me off Discotheque as well!

Just bought it on iTunes. I like it, I like it a lot. Love Bono's vocals on it. My only area of concern is that this is this album's "Vertigo" and there are things about it that remind me of Vertigo. But Vertigo was great too (the first 1000 times I heard it). But it's good, it's great. I do like it quite a bit. It is very much the "single". I need to hear it a few more times, only heard it once on iPod. So that's my first impression!

I think I do. This is a good sign though. I often immediately like things then hate them weeks later. It feels like more of a grower.

I feel the spirit of the Beatles within them. :up:

I was shaking my head so much when I was hearing I feel dizzy. :D

And it's sooooo goood

I really can see the shadows of 3 songs in GOYB:

01) Vertigo - not because it sounds the same, it's so different, but the 'idea' is the same, the 1st 'hard rock punch" single... but vertigo is a demo by a garage band next to GOYB

02) Fast Cars - GOYB got some 'arabic" vibe, but in a weird way, wich is awesome

03) DISCOTHEQUE - I know, some of you will call me crazy, but I really can see echoes of that "nasty" guitar from discotheque in GOYB, I'm 110% sure of that.

Someone agree with me ?

P.S: I think Bono told how would be that "punk rock from venus" 4 years earlier that he actually create a song in this spirit... hahahaha... I'm on Venus right now with GOYB

Replace 'Discotheque' with 'Love And Peace Or Else' and I'll agree. Definitely like it better than 'Vertigo'. :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom