Wide Awake in Europe Discussion only NO REQUESTS Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go to the Princeton Record Exchange on Friday and get a copy just in case. I can always give the extra copy to my brother for Christmas.

Princeton Record Exchange!! I'll gladly take the extra copy and can come pick it up when I'm home for Christmas---I'm from Hamilton. ;)

I'd be curious if you find any places that say definitively they will have it.

The second of the two stores I talked to seemed confident they'd be getting the U2 vinyl, but they couldn't say for sure.

The Princton Record Exchange has it on their website that they are going to have it. I'm just going to go there. Vintage Vinyl is a little further away for me to go.

Oh, I didn't realize Vintage Vinyl was a brick-and-mortar store as well. Guess that explains how they had it available for pre-order!

Which I guess means that some stores knew how many they'd have, otherwise how could they accept pre-orders? This whole thing is kind of weird.

But maybe RSD events are always like this with all the releases.

Mine is supposed to be in the mail from Vintage Vinyl. If and when it arrives, opening the package will feel like opening the Wonka Bar to find a golden ticket after reading this thread. :crack:

:lol: Seriously!

Yeah, Vintage Vinyl claims to have shipped mine. I got a tracking number but the info hasn't updated in two days: "electronic shipping info received." Ideal Copy claims they are going to be able to fill their pre-orders. I stopped by my local shop today and the guy seemed pretty sure he would get some, claimed he had talked to the distributor today.

No way I'm paying $100 on eBay for this. :angry:

Have you checked again today? Mine has updated at the USPS site:

Your item was processed through and left our JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 facility on November 22, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Thanks, bonocomet, just checked and mine has been updated too. Still going out on Friday if I don't have the package in hand by Wednesday, though. Can't afford to take any chances. :reject:

I don't blame you! I half expect to open mine when it arrives and find a copy of WAIA. :wink:

Email from Best Buy:

Best Buy said:
The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it within the next 1-2 weeks. We will ship the item sooner if it becomes available.

If you would like to discuss other possibilities for fulfilling your order, please call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289), and a Customer Care representative will gladly assist you. Please have your order number handy.

Your options may include:
Finding a store in your area with your item in stock
Ordering a similar in-stock item that meets your needs
Cancelling your current order
Visit our forum for more information about your backordered item.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If we do not hear from you before we ship your item, we will assume that you accept this delay.

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service

Order Date: 10/24/2010
Order Number: XXX##-############

Qty Product Description

1 Wide Awake In Europe (Ep)-12-Inch Single-U2

For complete order details, check your order status.

If you would like to cancel your order
You may cancel your order online via My Account before it has been processed. Sign in to your account, select View Orders, and then click on the order number and select the items you'd like to cancel. See all delivery and pickup method cancellation windows here.

Amazon UK

Now delayed until December 17........can see where this is going. Now Rough Trade East reckon UK and Ireland stores will only receive "a tiny" amount of copies. Guess barely anyone this side of the pond will get this without shelling out on Ebay.

Blur made their Record Store Day release available as a free download a couple of days after release. U2 should do the same given the demand

^ they probably will given that is vinyl, no-one will complain. I could understand complaints if it was released to itunes first!

Not to be a party pooper, but why do we care so much about hearing live versions of songs we've heard a million times before? Is it just because it's an official release?

Not to be a party pooper, but why do we care so much about hearing live versions of songs we've heard a million times before? Is it just because it's an official release?

Why did you say the word we?

I really want to hear a soundboard version of Mercy. Do you really have a problem with that?

Obviously you don't care, thats fine, but I do. You're not being a party pooper, you're just being ignorant and obtuse.

Just had an email from amazon UK saying order has been cancelled,because item is on available to u2 fan club members!

I just got the same from Amazon UK:

Unfortunately, our suppliers have informed us that the sale of this item is restricted to U2 Fan Club members only. We are, therefore, unable to obtain a copy of this item for you. For this reason, it has been removed from our catalogue and cancelled from your order; you have not been charged for it.

Fan Club? If only! :banghead: Oh well. I hadn't really had much hope in it until the date got closer without word of cancellation.

Now also knowing that none of the record stores in my area will get it in stock, I looks like I'm out of the running. :sigh:

Apparently the guy who reported to atu2.com that he already found two copies Article & pics HERE is a douchebag and is now selling one of his copies on eBay: U2 Wide Awake In Europe ...

What an ass. He could have left a copy for another fan to find, but chose to take advantage of fellow fans instead. Douchebag.

Last edited:
Obviously you don't care, thats fine, but I do. You're not being a party pooper, you're just being ignorant and obtuse.
Come on, Mr. Smee... he was just asking :therethere:

The reason most people are excited, I imagine, is that we will finally have a decent quality "Mercy" in our library (post-2004) :fist: Now I'll be the first to admit that the song isn't one of my favorites, nor am I completely satisfied with all of the changes made to it... but I do enjoy the tune (imo, it's like a good "Miracle Drug" :shifty:).

That's it, really... :wave:

EDIT: Utoo: That's really obnoxious... Even if there were any record stores around here carrying WAIE, I seriously doubt I'd actually be able to get my hands on one. But I suppose the item is helping out stores in some fashion, and that, by the end of the day, at least U2 gave a helping hand to another good cause... even if a few of us missed out amidst the hustle 'n' bustle of greedy consumerism.

Apparently the guy who reported to atu2.com that he already found two copies Article & pics HERE is a douchebag and is now selling one of his copies on eBay: U2 Wide Awake In Europe ...

What an ass. He could have left a copy for another fan to find, but chose to take advantage of fellow fans instead. Douchebag.

Wow what a jerk. :|

Interesting that Amazon now says it's only for U2.com fanclub members,... does that mean it'll be in the webshop?

Wow what a jerk. :|

Interesting that Amazon now says it's only for U2.com fanclub members,... does that mean it'll be in the webshop?

The sentence contains "U2.com". You of all people should know that there must be something incorrect in that message!

The sentence contains "U2.com". You of all people should know that there must be something incorrect in that message!
Very valid point. It's likely a fuck up anyway, since they said themselves that it'll be available to Irish/UK people specifically, rather than their own members.

Anyone besides me pre-order from Vintage Vinyl and NOT received a shipping confirmation?

When did you order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom