Wide Awake in Europe Discussion only NO REQUESTS Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say there was a limit, nor did I say you did anything wrong by taking them.

I said I didn't think it was fair that he did that. Unless he's getting a boatload of copies and will still have more copies available to other customers, which seems surprising, considering how limited the release was.

Um, yeah actually he is under contract to wait till release date...

Why would anyone change their mind after seeing that the shop sells tour bootlegs?
uhm, no he isn't. and until you google and find out this policy you're saying is true. i'll stand by that. google on...

It sounds like a great shop, but I still don't think it's fair for him to give so many copies of such a limited release to one person, good customer or not. Sorry. :shrug:

Agreed. And even if you have a copy left, trying to 'test' the market and giving bidders the blame of upping the price of a very limited item? That's bull to me. You'd be a decent person to sell it for what you paid for plus shipping, rather than taking advantage of being the first to put it on ebay.

well, I've said my piece, and in peace, I'm out of this thread. Have a great u2 life everyone!

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

U2 "Wide Awake in Europe: Live [VINYL]"
Estimated arrival date: December 17 2010

Amazon.co.uk

Agreed. And even if you have a copy left, trying to 'test' the market and giving bidders the blame of upping the price of a very limited item? That's bull to me. You'd be a decent person to sell it for what you paid for plus shipping, rather than taking advantage of being the first to put it on ebay.
Like I said, I can do whatever I want with something I own. If the shoes were on you guys feet, don't tell me you wouldn't of snagged all 10 copies given the chance and affordability. Of course you would have, Some of you would of bought for 9 other fans. Some of you would of sold 9 copies and make a bundle on ebay as I had the chance but didn't. You ALL would of done the same because you're ALL u2 fanatics like myself. Get off you high horses and stop being hypocrites. This is my last post in this thread. Have a nice day! :wave:

There shouldn't have been any pre-orders or online sales, it negates Friday being a special day meant to bring in-store business to indie record stores. L A M E

I certainly would have snagged copies offered to me; I could easily find other U2 fan friends I'd sell them to at face value plus shipping.

If anyone who's a regular on this site went to eBay with them to turn a profit, they surely wouldn't have come back here and talked about it, because they know they'd get shit for it.

:shrug:

Like I said, I can do whatever I want with something I own. If the shoes were on you guys feet, don't tell me you wouldn't of snagged all 10 copies given the chance and affordability. Of course you would have, Some of you would of bought for 9 other fans. Some of you would of sold 9 copies and make a bundle on ebay as I had the chance but didn't. You ALL would of done the same because you're ALL u2 fanatics like myself. Get off you high horses and stop being hypocrites. This is my last post in this thread. Have a nice day! :wave:

Yes you can do whatever you want. And I can think of that whatever I want as well. And frankly if I were in your shoes I would have probably taken up the 10 copies as well and distributed them to people on here who can't get them due to availability in their country. I would sell them for the price I paid plus postage. Not for a hundred quid.
Do not EVER compare me to yourself. I'm nowhere near the money hungry person you are.

later email:

ASIN TITLE: U2: Wide Awake in Europe: Live [12" VINYL]

Unfortunately, our suppliers have informed us that the sale of this item is restricted to U2 Fan Club members only. We are, therefore, unable to obtain a copy of this item for you. For this reason, it has been removed from our catalogue and cancelled from your order

Edit: ha, Danny Boy beat me to it.

Did he register for interference simply to rub this in our faces and start shit?

To be fair, I don't blame him for coming in to respond to being called a "douchebag."

I don't think he made any new friends with his responses, but still.

OK, I wasn't here for the beginning of the conversation and just quickly skimmed to try and catch up.

Where are you?

I'm snowed/iced in in Seattle. My entire department (hell, probably most of the building) is working from home.

You ALL would of done the same because you're ALL u2 fanatics like myself. Get off you high horses and stop being hypocrites. :wave:

I don't really know what a person expects when posting this comment. :down:

I don't care if you're 8/9 in helping others out. You could be 99/100. Being charitable is one thing. Coming out publically and saying that you are charitable is another. They're not really the same. Its like you needed some sort of acknowledgement. Not matter how it is said, it implies it. Then to top it off with this comment above. It says something. A lot maybe, who knows.

Have a nice day.

I find it super bizarre that Seattle is having huge snow issues and we've yet to have any snow in Boston... not complaining though.

I think he registered to justify himself because Utoo called him a douchebag. I'd say it didn't go that well.

Ha! My bad. :blush: I don't think that any of us feel any differently, though perhaps that nugget of truth may not have needed to be pointed out.

Oh hey, another western Washington person! :wave:

Our director emailed this morning and told us we shouldn't even think about coming in to the office. But we all have the capability to work from home, so it's not as big a deal.

This is insane. There's ice on the inside of my windows in my (shittily insulated) apartment, and three Metro buses stuck on my street. Good times.

uhm, no he isn't. and until you google and find out this policy you're saying is true. i'll stand by that. google on...

Ask A Stupid Question

"I guess it was in the '80s when they started really making them adhere to it," Mr. Thompson said. "In the '70s, if you got it, you ran with it (sold it)."

We had to sign an agreement with each distributer saying we would adhere to release dates.

Of course they aren't going to go after the independents but there were some major retailers fined back in the 90's when I used to work in the industry.

Adhering to release dates is especially important for the artists in the age of internet piracy (though obviously U2 has plenty of money and this wasn't a money-making release, but the point remains).

Our director emailed this morning and told us we shouldn't even think about coming in to the office. But we all have the capability to work from home, so it's not as big a deal.

Believe me, the first thing I did this morning was check my email to see if work was telling me to stay home. No dice.

I have to go up and down an enormous hill to get to work, but it had been nicely plowed and sanded this morning. I had already decided that if the hill was icy I was turning around and calling in sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom