TICKET DROPS Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I stood in the cancellation line for MSG 8, didn't get there until 7pm as I was not planning on going to the show. I was quite prepared to get a cheap seat and I had a few people looking for me throughout the day for one too. Scalpers, at showtime were still wanting $250 for the 300 seats. I toyed with it as I reckon I could get on the floor once in the building, but it wasn't guaranteed. I offered him $150 for a GA, he laughed at me and said they're $450, I laughed back and said they would be worth fuck all in 20mins:lol: So i went to footlocker, bought some trainers, met the Mrs and treated her to a meal at Virgils instead.

Amazing. Should've walked over to Uniqlo on 34th too. U2 shirts for $10!

Lesson is, get tickets before shows hit. That simple. I got all 8 shows. I'm not rich. I'm not smart. But I did it. Every seat at MSG looked good to me walking around.

I sat in all sections, walked around a lot. Every view gives you something else. No perfect seat. No bad seat.

Did you ever sit behind the stage, high up?

What was the view/sound like up there?

I sat in 420 to side of stage but rear. Might have been best sound I heard. I moved to sec 300 behind stage for encore same show. Rear good sound. Some views aren't great but many many are.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I sat in 420 to side of stage but rear. Might have been best sound I heard. I moved to sec 300 behind stage for encore same show. Rear good sound. Some views aren't great but many many are.

How was the volume behind the stage/high up? Some are saying that it is variable around the arena.

One thing I don't understand about GA's....how did so many come available at box office for NYC 1 and 2 and then they just seemed to dry up for later shows?

People says reviews were great blah blah blah so promotional VIP tickets got used instead of returned, but, seriously, do you really need to read reviews to know that U2 is going to put on an amazing show?

We will never know. I think it's all just random. And how many GA got out anyway night 1-4? 30 a night? It wasn't 200.

How was the volume behind the stage/high up? Some are saying that it is variable around the arena.

I wasn't high up, I was in the 100's a few rows back but it was great. End of RBW/bombing part into the beginning of UTEOTW there was this like rush of air at one point to go along with it and the floor shook a little. I'm not sure if that was everywhere but it was awesome.

Oh the fun continues on the FB group page...hahahahaha!

this was just posted and it is just too good to not share! :D

"Kit Bigelow You cheap fucks complaining about the cancellation line...smh...stop crying you pussies and buy a ticket when there on sale or shell out a few extra bucks...."

One thing I don't understand about GA's....how did so many come available at box office for NYC 1 and 2 and then they just seemed to dry up for later shows?

People says reviews were great blah blah blah so promotional VIP tickets got used instead of returned, but, seriously, do you really need to read reviews to know that U2 is going to put on an amazing show?

LA was similar in that GAs got progressively harder to get via the site or at the box office and then were nonexistent the last couple of shows. My best guess is the VIP/corporate demand kept going up.

Yea... some need reminding. Especially after an album that went nowhere and was largely ridiculed do to the release method.

Every now and then people need to get smacked in the face.

Berlin Ticket drop!! I just picked up a pair of seats! I kept getting a message about single seats only being available but keep trying! They're there!

anyone had any joy with London? Read some posts elsewhere saying they got GAs but I may have misread where they meant buying off a person on one of the ticket groups. :huh:

anyone had any joy with London? Read some posts elsewhere saying they got GAs but I may have misread where they meant buying off a person on one of the ticket groups. :huh:

Been checking often but no luck so far. Not expecting much since I missed a GA drop some time back. There's a few seated singles available if you don't mind spending 180 odd on a ticket.

Im checking London all the time. Lonodon 1-4 only has single seats left. London 6 is sold out completely. London 5 still has upper deck £90 seats together tickets left!

Been checking often but no luck so far. Not expecting much since I missed a GA drop some time back. There's a few seated singles available if you don't mind spending 180 odd on a ticket.

Oh there was a GA drop a while back? Fuck, when was it? that must have been after I unsubscribed from this thread after the hourly emails I was getting . Sods law.

Oh there was a GA drop a while back? Fuck, when was it? that must have been after I unsubscribed from this thread after the hourly emails I was getting . Sods law.

Don't remember when exactly. Sure you'll see it if you tread back in this thread. But yeah, I missed it too the one day I didn't bother checking this thread. Think that was our chance!

Don't have any experience with these things but I assume it's a bit too optimistic to expect another GA drop now.

there's still hope, as people have said for many gigs on the first leg, once the stage is assembled and they get an idea of how much floor space is left, they can release the last handful they'd been holding back for safety reasons, so fingers crossed :)

If london is efven remotely the same as amsterdam.. there's 1000's of tickets in hand of people who don't actually want to see the concert . I'm confident a lot of them will go into resale.

Just picked up a couple for Amsterdam 9th in Block 102, row 4 (€180 each) thanks to you fine people. Still pulling up doubles for the 9th in the €180 range.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Still 180 euro seats available this morning indeed. Ugh, wish I could pull up GA's or something cheaper, as I still lack tickets for the 12th and 13th.

More tickets for all gigs in Stockholm has dropped. Only single seats in the most expensive section though.

oh according to someone on that facebook group there was a London GA drop just a few weeks ago!!! :doh:

Last edited:
Yes,

The only ones I can see are €180 seats, first ring. No GA unfortunately, have 1 GA for the 13th but was looking for extra. Or a decent seat on another date.

Back
Top Bottom