TICKET DROPS Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After getting tickets? It's not unusual for venue staff to ask folks to leave after they have made a purchase at the box office and not loiter in the lobby. Maybe there's more to this story, but it sounds like sensationalism.

Yeah, I'm surprised The Garden opens up as early as they do anyway. Don't they let fans go in at like 3-4? I've been to places where doors open around 6 for an 8pm show. If you go earlier than 6 you wait outside.

Sil ‏@SilRigote 27 minutes ago
@atu2comSherry I was kicked out of the garden after getting my tickets today. Second time being mistreated and KICKED OUT of the venue. #U2
Umm...I might not defend this because this happened after she picked up her tickets. Isn't it normal to LEAVE the venue once you pick up your tickets? Unless she was trying to get to the GA line.

Umm...I might not defend this because this happened after she picked up her tickets. Isn't it normal to LEAVE the venue once you pick up your tickets? Unless she was trying to get to the GA line.

But isn't GA line outside at this point?
(Who am I kidding, the GA line is at various hotel rooms around the city at this point)

It's mind boggling to me that we have physical lines at venues. Why not just drop them the good old fashioned way, on the app?

Yeah I've been wondering all week why when tickets drop, they just don't go up on the app/website. First come first serve. Maybe scalpers get it, but fans have an equal chance too.

Shouldn't even bother selling at the box office at this point, unless its close to showtime.

Yeah I've been wondering all week why when tickets drop, they just don't go up on the app/website. First come first serve. Maybe scalpers get it, but fans have an equal chance too.

Shouldn't even bother selling at the box office at this point, unless its close to showtime.

Maybe someone from NY can explain this (Headache?) but I think there's some crazy law not allowing paperless tickets in NY. I wonder, does this include mobile-entry and e-tickets? Are there certain sections that were only sold as HARD tickets? If so, they may be trying to minimize the will-call line, but even that doesn't make any sense.

It seemed like all the other cities most people did get their tix online, so there has to be something in this law making it different for NY.

I was all het up about this earlier, sent a bunch of tweets and stuff, posted all sorts of stuff on Facebook.

Now I realize I was just looking for a distraction, and I'm going to fade back into the hedge like Homer Simpson. :lol:

:reject:

(No really, though - it sounds like the MSG folks have been really shitty to many people, and so fuck them.)

While other cities had credit card entry for GA, folks were able to buy GA drop tickets at the box office day of show and get actual hard tickets. Saw this in Boston and was jealous of the folks who had a decent ticket souvenir and all I had was that stupid receipt the scanner prints out.
Always seats sold at box office day of show...Ticketmaster used to stop selling at 3PM day of show and box office became only option, now TM is up later at least 6PM, but there's a point in time where box office becomes the only option.

I think the Barclay's is a fairly terrible arena. Too dark and bland. The acoustics in there are not great either. The sound at MSG has always been great and this tour is no exception.

A great venue, which might be too small, is actually the Prudential Center in Newark. So Radiohead there and it was excellent...

The uppers at the Barclays are steeeeep. Insert Vertigo jokes here.

There's a law in New York State that makes credit card entry only tickets illegal. It's in line with the same law that makes scalping tickets legal. It's supposed to protect the consumer's right to sell an item they purchased.

I wonder if everyone who complained about credit card entry in other locations have had a change in tune after the past couple of days

"I've never seen anything like this in my life. U2 fans are the worst."

Quite honestly, I've actually uttered those exact words several times in my life. Circumstances completely different, mind you, but still.....

Yeah, the security guys are assholes and likely in the pockets of the scalpers. But I've said those words many times, for different reasons. :lol:

Headache, count me among those who changed their tune. It was tougher to coordinate getting tickets, but it kept more scalpers at bay.

Yeah, the security guys are assholes and likely in the pockets of the scalpers. But I've said those words many times, for different reasons. :lol:

Headache, count me among those who changed their tune. It was tougher to coordinate getting tickets, but it kept more scalpers at bay.

I think the loudest complaining was from the GA or Bust crowd, too.

Of course he does, but I rather let a fan buy a ticket than a scalper.

Exactly. And Beth isn't one of those crazy line nazi folk. She's good people. :up:

I hate to say it, but if it came down to Vik getting a ticket or a scalper, I'd have to side with the line nazi. :sad: I was going to say pusher, but then no one would know who I was referring to. ;)

There's a law in New York State that makes credit card entry only tickets illegal. It's in line with the same law that makes scalping tickets legal. It's supposed to protect the consumer's right to sell an item they purchased.

I wonder if everyone who complained about credit card entry in other locations have had a change in tune after the past couple of days

I was one that complained about the ticketless entry..mainly because of not being able to transfer them ..but..I for 1..will eat my words..this situation at MSG has been an eye-opener for me!

Exactly. And Beth isn't one of those crazy line nazi folk. She's good people. :up:

I hate to say it, but if it came down to Vik getting a ticket or a scalper, I'd have to side with the line nazi. :sad: I was going to say pusher, but then no one would know who I was referring to. ;)

Quoted for truth.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I was one that complained about the ticketless entry..mainly because of not being able to transfer them ..but..I for 1..will eat my words..this situation at MSG has been an eye-opener for me!

I think it's a give-and-take either way. On one hand, the scalpers have a much tougher time selling anything (except in NY, obviously), and on the other, you lose the flexibility to sell/trade a ticket or buy one for a bit higher of a price.

CLRCKpEXAAIUF5r.jpg

https://twitter.com/bethandbono/status/627199009233498112

i like hard tickets.

What do you think is the % of tickets purchased by original owner at face are used by them? I'm gonna say 50% at most. Tickets are always moving around.

So my guess is half the crowd paid more than face to see the show.

white people problems come to mind when I see news crew on the scene.

Onion headline would be:

U2 Super Fans Stunned to Learned That Bono Hates them

i like hard tickets.

What do you think is the % of tickets purchased by original owner at face are used by them? I'm gonna say 50% at most. Tickets are always moving around.

So my guess is half the crowd paid more than face to see the show.

Most people I know who buy concert or sporting event tickets use them, and they normally don't buy off the secondary market. I would say the percentage is much lower than that given that you rarely see over even 5% of a venue's capacity on StubHub. For a concert, I'd say only about 15-20% were from the secondary market. For sporting events more given the season ticket situation.

For MSG and NYC, people are rich, last minute assholes from out of town -- I just think it's higher than other places. In Cleveland sure you're right.

And secondary market is douchebags on wall street who sell and buy tickets to shows.

For MSG and NYC, people are rich, last minute assholes from out of town -- I just think it's higher than other places. In Cleveland sure you're right.

And secondary market is douchebags on wall street who sell and buy tickets to shows.

Hey! No digs on Cleveland! We're awesome.

Ok. Nevermind.

But we do have the Rock Hall.

Back
Top Bottom