TICKET DROPS Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course he does, but I rather let a fan buy a ticket than a scalper.

As you mentioned, It's not like it was between someone that has not seen a show and someone going for their 100th show. Besides, she's been in the $35.00 seats. Which some scalper is now going to try to sell for $300.00

And mr. Security guard is only looking out for himself, so let's not give him any credit for being the reasonable one here.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think GA were $70?

Ticketmaster aren't innocent either with their shady resale. Its too bad Pearl Jam couldn't take them down in the 90s...

Maybe U2 should play the Barclay Center instead of the Garden if they do arenas again. Not that there wouldn't be problems there, but today's shenanigans sound horrific.

Then again, why am I not surprised? MSG is owned by the Dolans, a ridiculously thin-skinned, arrogant family that is almost universally loathed in these parts.

Ok, I lied about working. Don't look at me like that. You ain't my bosses. :madwife:

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1438356284.741957.jpg

Barclays might be too small to fit everything in. Remember they're trying to squeeze an NHL hockey team into an arena built for basketball only (stupidest thing ever done maybe?) So the length is way smaller than MSG.

I think the Barclay's is a fairly terrible arena. Too dark and bland. The acoustics in there are not great either. The sound at MSG has always been great and this tour is no exception.

A great venue, which might be too small, is actually the Prudential Center in Newark. So Radiohead there and it was excellent...

Wondering whether to even bother lining up today, or suck it down and buy nosebleed seats behind the stage for ~$250 from Vividseats & co. Decisions, decisions.

If not The Garden, then Metlife, Citi Field or Yankee Stadium.

I'd still prefer the Garden over the other arenas. Just gotta get tickets as soon as they go on sale.

Tickets for concerts are the only thing in life that is unfair. - Fact

Apparently corrupt security saying next line starts at 3pm. But people on here said you got tickets in 630-7pm range? Did you get in line at 3 and wait until then, or later?

Well security is a big word. They aren't law enforcement. And it's easy to say, yeah, I have to stand here like an idiot, if I can make my weeks' salary by letting some asshole buy tickets over another asshole (that's how they see it I'm sure) why do I care?

But obviously they aren't all like that. Some are. My employee MSG guy who I saw last night again, was doing it right. But at 10am, on night 8, I'm sure they are like screw this. And they work every show.

If this is shocking, then things are going pretty well for you.

I'm waiting for someone to say MSG raped my father and killed my mother.

Meanwhile ticketmaster has entire rows, seats 1-22 on resale. Now that I don't get how that works. I get I can sell my ticket. But you can only buy 4 this time around. No limit later it says... Anyway -- that's more sketchy to me than actually human beings trying to make a buck.

I do like to think, is the person complaining about tickets, also stealing music or tv shows or film from torrents? Do they tip 15%? Do they hold the door open? Do they tell the Starbucks employee that they gave her back an extra $20? I'm just pointing out how when you hear people bitch about not getting tickets, you don't know them as people. Just because they are U2 fans, doesn't make them great people. Most U2 fans I've met are great people. But so are WWE fans. Most people are good. Even the jerk MSG employees and scalpers.

Anyway -- just trying to give the big perspective to what should be fun thing.

clearly scummy that apparent scalpers (still trying to figure out how they know that a guy in jean shorts is automatically a scalper, but i'll take their word for it) are allowed to jump the line.

however... does anyone actually think that all of our known compadres on the ticket line were behaving with the utmost respect and decorum?

Just because they are U2 fans, doesn't make them great people.

Anyway -- just trying to give the big perspective to what should be fun thing.

Agreed. But when representatives for the venue allow physical encounters to take place (reports of shoving, kicking) and openly mock potential customers, the venue does have a problem on its hands that needs to be called out.

And to add a little bit of levity...

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1438361933.370708.jpg

Yeah, to be fair, this isn't anything new. It isn't isolated to NYC. It has been worse in NYC, but that is also because there is a higher demand (and bigger population) here since its the last leg in NA until at least 2016 which isn't a guarantee, just a rumor.

Ticketmaster is just as bad too. They have no competition, so they don't have to worry about doing a better job, creating more options, or charging $16 extra for fees.

I still may wander down there but I won't let it ruin the amazing time I had last week. IF people have gone to a show, should just be happy. And if they've gone to 2 or more, be extremely happy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom