things i hate part 2874892742

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reps from head office flew out tonight to tell us our clinic is being shut down. The practice that I've worked years to build is going to be gone in a matter of weeks. I don't know what I'm going to do. I really have no idea.

That is all. :sigh: :sad:

The reps from head office flew out tonight to tell us our clinic is being shut down. The practice that I've worked years to build is going to be gone in a matter of weeks. I don't know what I'm going to do. I really have no idea.

:hug: I'm so sorry to hear! Hang in there and know you're headed towards a new window of opportunity. Cliche maybe, but I truly believe it

:hug: I'm just a text away, if you ever need to vent. So sorry to hear this, hon. :hug:

I hate the weather. It's been rainy and miserable for weeks and weeks. I need the sun!!! :scream: I've been in a crummy mood for ages (I have SAD, so the weather REALLY affects me), and I'm so sick and tired of being in this horrible funk. I need the sun to come out again soon.

I'm so sorry, kaf--hang in there! :hug:

Oh, that really really sucks. :hug:

:hug: I'm so sorry to hear! Hang in there and know you're headed towards a new window of opportunity. Cliche maybe, but I truly believe it

I'm a bundle of cliches when I'm trying to help others, so I hear ya. It rings true, though. Looking for that positive opportunity in the dust..

Thanks, guys. It's been rough. :hug:

i watched an early episode of david letterman the other day on youtube, from when he was on nbc. it was funny. but yeah, he isn't anymore.

oh, and the view is...wow. there's so much wrong with that show, i don't even know where to begin.

I kinda hate the fact that I'm already sort of sick of my job, even though it's the easiest job in the world and there's no reason I shouldn't like it. :'O Guess it's 'cause I haven't gotten paid yet.

Also, I hate the fact that one of my friends is friends with a neo-Nazi. It annoys me particularly because my friend is gay and liberal, and the fact that he and the other guy can see past the differences and still be friends makes me feel kind of like a jerk, but at the same time, why should ANYONE be friends with such a lunatic? So yeah, that's pretty important too. I don't know how to react at all.

I kinda hate the fact that I'm already sort of sick of my job, even though it's the easiest job in the world and there's no reason I shouldn't like it. :'O Guess it's 'cause I haven't gotten paid yet.
i totally know what you mean. i've had jobs where i've looked back and been like "why the fuck did i complain about this? it was so easy!"

That a friend is having a very rough go right now. I so want to do something to make it better, but I can't. All I can offer is support and encouragement, and that doesn't seem like diddly squat. :(

dialup... fuck that was a horrible, horrible thing.

Hey, there was a time when we thought it was great. Yeah, I know -- way back in the Stone Age. :lol:

That a friend is having a very rough go right now. I so want to do something to make it better, but I can't. All I can offer is support and encouragement, and that doesn't seem like diddly squat. :(

In my experience, support and encouragement are almost always the life savers that get friends through their really rough times. I think those are wonderful gifts you have to offer your friend. :hug:

^ pay day may indeed change your mind . . . but if not . . . keep looking :)

< hates maxing out her internet usage :huh: and having to live with daggy dial up speed . .. agony :gah: :|

Yeah, I'm sure it will. And the first week's always the hardest, even for the piss easy jobs like this one. I just wanna get enough money to move out, start renting a place and get enough dosh to support my heroin art habit.

And I totally know how you feel on the last one... shit, I should really call Internode and switch my plan sometime. Need wireless for some PSN action, too. :(

Also... anyone know how to deal with my friend being friends with a neo Nazi and all... seriously? That totally wasn't a joke. I have no idea how to explain what the fuck is going on with that, because I want that asshole in jail, but my friend is like the most compassionate Buddhist bastard ever and he has the ability to see through the fact that this mate of his would have both of us jailed if he could. WHAT THE FUCKKKKFFDSAmaybe I should just try and ignore it but holy shit this is so weird

Also... anyone know how to deal with my friend being friends with a neo Nazi and all... seriously? That totally wasn't a joke. I have no idea how to explain what the fuck is going on with that, because I want that asshole in jail, but my friend is like the most compassionate Buddhist bastard ever and he has the ability to see through the fact that this mate of his would have both of us jailed if he could. WHAT THE FUCKKKKFFDSAmaybe I should just try and ignore it but holy shit this is so weird

Ugh, I'd put neo-nazi's in the same group as druggies and murderers on my hate list thing. Scum of the earth IMO.

I really don't know what you can do, have you tried convincing your friend to stop getting along and talking with the neo nazi, like a long talk or something?

Just trying to help in any way I can.

Ugh, I'd put neo-nazi's in the same group as druggies and murderers on my hate list thing. Scum of the earth IMO.

I really don't know what you can do, have you tried convincing your friend to stop getting along and talking with the neo nazi, like a long talk or something?

Just trying to help in any way I can.

Well yeah, me too... except for the 'druggies' thing... drug dealers maybe, but anyway.

Oh, I've done plenty of that, I've told him to completely cut any contact he has with this horrible person, but he's so compassionate and forgiving to all types of people that I think he's retarded in that aspect. I'm not a person who believes that a stranger is just a friend you haven't met, put it that way. I guess I just have to persist, I'm sure this other guy will do something that will completely piss my friend off, and I've got to hope that happens. It's bad enough seeing people I grew up with turn into quasi-racists with ozstikas, but this guy takes it all the way.

Well yeah, me too... except for the 'druggies' thing... drug dealers maybe, but anyway.

Oh, I've done plenty of that, I've told him to completely cut any contact he has with this horrible person, but he's so compassionate and forgiving to all types of people that I think he's retarded in that aspect. I'm not a person who believes that a stranger is just a friend you haven't met, put it that way. I guess I just have to persist, I'm sure this other guy will do something that will completely piss my friend off, and I've got to hope that happens. It's bad enough seeing people I grew up with turn into quasi-racists with ozstikas, but this guy takes it all the way.

Uh huh.

Have you ever spoken directly to this neo-nazi person? I guess the best thing you can do is just watch out for your friend and makes sure the neo-nazi doesn't drag him further into his world, or something like that. I think you could also try to remind your friend of the atrocities that neo-nazi's approve of, which may help your friend wake up.

Hope ya succeed.

Yeah, well the good thing is that they have an online relationship (this is like the only place I don't feel dumb for saying that) so I only have to deal with him posting Westboro Baptist Church links on my mate's Facebook page, but I inevitably always end up arguing with him due to rather obvious reasons. They met on some forum about Asatru/Norse paganism, which I think pretty much says everything you need to know about both of them. Anyway, my mate talks to him about stuff like that (the Nazi is apparently a high-priest in Asatru or something, I don't know, it all sounds like they're gaining levels fighting goblins to me), and tends to take the right-wing bullshit in his stride. He's not dumb enough to become one of those, since he lives everything they stand against. But he's too naive to realise that they shouldn't be encouraged in any way.

That Westboro "Baptist Church" is bad news. They are well known across the U.S. for "protesting" at the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq/Afghanistan--their gig is that the soldier's death is "punishment" for the U.S.'s tolerance of homosexuals. Doesn't sound very "church-y" to me! :sad:

In my experience, support and encouragement are almost always the life savers that get friends through their really rough times. I think those are wonderful gifts you have to offer your friend. :hug:

beautifully said Fitz :up: and Indra :hug:

Yeah, I'm sure it will. And the first week's always the hardest, even for the piss easy jobs like this one. I just wanna get enough money to move out, start renting a place and get enough dosh to support my heroin art habit.

And I totally know how you feel on the last one... shit, I should really call Internode and switch my plan sometime. Need wireless for some PSN action, too. :(

yikers . . . have you explained how uncomfortable their friendship makes you? Truly that sounds like some messy messy stuff . . . you could phrase it as being out of concern for your bud more than anything?

Failing that . . . mebbe get him to read up on his history . . . because I really don't see how anyone could mis read that whole hideous part of our history that is World War 2 and not come away shaking their heads :shrug:

That Westboro "Baptist Church" is bad news. They are well known across the U.S. for "protesting" at the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq/Afghanistan--their gig is that the soldier's death is "punishment" for the U.S.'s tolerance of homosexuals. Doesn't sound very "church-y" to me! :sad:

Evil personified . . . no doubt about it :(

< arguing with my hormonal 14 year old kidlet . . . it's necessary cuz she is really pushing the limits at the minute . . . but it still bites :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom