The Overhang: U2 at the MSG Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What i'd like to see is a comparison between the Sphere screen size and U2's other tours.

Like how much bigger is it than Popmart or JT30. Obviously it's the largest in arenas by far.

Dummy can’t draw but I can do some math. Here are the dimensions and total square feet for each tour screen.

Popmart: reported between 50x150 and 56x170. Saw something along the lines of this being 10x as large as all the ZooTV screens put together. At the high end, 9520 Sq ft

360: 3800 Sq ft

IE/EI: 22.5x96 / 2160 Sq ft

JT30: 45x200 / 9000 Sq ft

Sphere: 160,000 Sq ft
…or 16.8x as large as the PopMart screen

I haven’t drilled into resolution yet…

Dummy can’t draw but I can do some math. Here are the dimensions and total square feet for each tour screen.

Popmart: reported between 50x150 and 56x170. Saw something along the lines of this being 10x as large as all the ZooTV screens put together. At the high end, 9520 Sq ft

youre-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat-youre-gonna-need-a-bigger-ship.gif

Seeing it once was always the plan and one thers financially approved.

Twice, however, and especially if more hotels and airfare are involved, does change things significantly.

I was allowed to cough up an excuse to go to NYC and see Bono at the Beacon. This might be pushing it …

Seeing it once was always the plan and one thers financially approved.

Twice, however, and especially if more hotels and airfare are involved, does change things significantly.

I was allowed to cough up an excuse to go to NYC and see Bono at the Beacon. This might be pushing it …

Potentially really just an extra hotel night, unless you’re already locked into airfare.

What do you think the chairs are like in GA? Metal bench like old sports stadiums or water beds?

Thx! To be hyperbolic, it will basically be like watching a movie that would take up the view of the sky on earth and now you’re watching a movie in the sky on Jupiter!

I have overlayed the popmart screen onto the sphere screen to give a good idea of the difference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230823-154455.jpg
    Screenshot_20230823-154455.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 83
So unfortunately las vegas may be shut down due to bed bugs and legionnaires disease.

This guy says "I'm not an alarmist" yet thinks all of Vegas will be shut down because of bed bugs, I can't even with these people

I like how many are trying to find a bag to match the supposed exact permitted dimensions because… they apparently can’t take in something smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom