The Overhang: U2 at the MSG Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a good one!

I would be lying if I said I am doing this just out of love and concern for my boys. :lol:

But yes, I am excited to see it with them. Let’s just hope my kid doesn’t punk out. He is going to go see Queen in October so that will hopefully be good practice for him. I am skipping that show since it is the day after I get back from the Vegas shows and I am going to be an exhausted mess.

I was looking at "Queen" tickets, but I think I'd prefer to see Killer Queen. Thoughts?

Scored 4 GAs to Saturday 12/16! :hyper:

Same, well, 2. My long time U2 partner in crime scored db seats for the Friday. Here we go again!

@Miroslava we actually did that guerrilla trip for the Beacon taping. Left my house 4:30am…flew in, did the taping, ducked out before the lights came up and raced to the airport.. they were literally calling our names as we boogied to the gate lol. Home by midnight [emoji3]#whirlwindtrip

(And I’m still paying for it lol)

Same, well, 2. My long time U2 partner in crime scored db seats for the Friday. Here we go again!

@Miroslava we actually did that guerrilla trip for the Beacon taping. Left my house 4:30am…flew in, did the taping, ducked out before the lights came up and raced to the airport.. they were literally calling our names as we boogied to the gate lol. Home by midnight [emoji3]#whirlwindtrip

:crack: But worth it though!

Vegas with our 3 hour difference and extra years is going to be fun. :yawn:

Ok, but it was worth it, right?!

Glad to see some old faces and happy for those getting tickets!

I’m gonna be refreshing Gmail like mad once I find out Verified Fan emails start going out…:waiting:

Glad to see some old faces and happy for those getting tickets!

I’m gonna be refreshing Gmail like mad once I find out Verified Fan emails start going out…:waiting:

Good luck. I did not get verified last time. I am done buying tickets so if I get verified I can check in.

I have seen Queen and Adam Lambert 3 times. Loved it every time. This will be my husband’s 5th time. It is a ridiculously good show. I was at this one:

https://youtu.be/D3dnujvU5ok

I'm sure it's a great show, but highlights the INSANE double standard that is always heaped upon U2. Larry is going to miss a run of shows in Vegas - Shock, Horror!!!! Queen chooses a new lead singer -the epitome of what makes Queen, Queen... Cool. No problems. :huh:

I was looking at "Queen" tickets, but I think I'd prefer to see Killer Queen. Thoughts?

I was similarly skeptical but saw them last year and it was indeed a fantastic show. Two things were really weird though...

One... Hearing those songs played live and in particular Brian May's guitar sound & solos was a truly special experience. Almost surreal as I've been aware of some of those songs for my entire lifetime.

Two... It was still strange without Freddie Mercury. Adam Lambert is a great front man and makes it really clear he's not trying to be Freddie, is so grateful for the chance to perform with Queen etc, but as a result there was a tiny bit of my mind (really, really tiny) saying that its kind of a Queen tribute act. It just kind of popped in to my head at times. Does that make sense?

It was a great show though.

I'm sure it's a great show, but highlights the INSANE double standard that is always heaped upon U2. Larry is going to miss a run of shows in Vegas - Shock, Horror!!!! Queen chooses a new lead singer -the epitome of what makes Queen, Queen... Cool. No problems. :huh:

Oh, I am sure there are plenty of no Freddie not Queen people. But at the end of the day, it is not really an apples to apples comparison..Larry is still around after all.

And yes, the Brian May solos and Love of My Life solo performance are always great!!

From an email this morning:

Please note: if you requested tickets for the September, October or November shows, separate email notifications will be sent by tonight for those events.

From an email this morning:

Please note: if you requested tickets for the September, October or November shows, separate email notifications will be sent by tonight for those events.

Shiat, I didn’t even get *that* email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom