The official Gone appreciation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How awesome is Gone?

• Totally friggin' awesome!

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Unbelievably awesome, to the point of disbelief.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • So awesome that simple human words cannot adequately describe its complete and total awesomeness.

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • I don't have time to answer - I'm too busy listening to it right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Miggy D

War Child
Cause I'm already gone
Felt that way all along...

It's Gone, ladies and gentlemen, and it's awesome.

I listen to it countless times a day.

I can't get the music out of my head. The shrieking siren guitar notes stay in my ears long after the song has finished playing.

The lyrics haunt me.

I've always enjoyed the song, but only recently have I come to realize how truly amazing it is.

Gone is not only one of U2's best songs of the 90s, but one of their best songs of all time.

I decided that this song cannot be contained within a Pop appreciation thread, or a 90s appreciation thread. This song needs a thread all its own. So please, use this thread to discuss and appreciate the magnificence of Gone.

And while you're at it, feel free to vote in the poll!

I'll be up with the sun
And you're still holding on
I'm not coming down...

-Miggy D

I don't have time to answer - I'm too busy listening to it right now.....

...the original version of course!!!!

:rockon: :bow:

The third, wordy option.

Amazing, awesome, unbelievably intense, spiraling, haunting, take-me-higher song. Gone is one of the greatest U2 songs ever.

Wow, what a coincidence! I was just thinking today how cool it would be if they played this on the radio and I heard it at work!!!??? :combust:

I actually think this song is AWESOME definitly one of their underatted songs! It deserves more appreciation for sure!!!
I love the line"you're taking steps that make you feel dizzy,but you learn to like the way it feels"
GOOD GOOD GOOD song

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom