The Final Countdown - U2 at Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the Edge mention that the sphere residency isn't the end of touring but after having perform in a A1 sound environment,how will they feel at the prospect of going back in arenas when the difference in sound quality will be night and day?

I know the Edge mention that the sphere residency isn't the end of touring but after having perform in a A1 sound environment,how will they feel at the prospect of going back in arenas when the difference in sound quality will be night and day?

Their last 2 arena tours had excellent sound, thanks to a virtually identical build. But I can’t see them going back indoors when the general public of casual fans will be 6+ years removed from the last U2 tour.

Major market demand should support stadiums. And sound there usually sucks.

The Sphere is a one off sort of venue though - given the scale and technology, it sounds like anyone playing there will have to put on a very specific staging of their show to make it work. They can't just pitch up mid-tour and make the most of the venue (or maybe they can, who knows).

For a band like U2, their audio and visual live rigs are the best of the best, so I don't think it will make any difference to them. I'm really intrigued to see just how the sphere looks and sounds to be honest as nobody knows just now. Until every major city has one, I suspect it will be a "one off" experience for artists every once in a while?

I'm seeing a few posts with other bands about tickets downloaded to someone's apple wallet being rejected because the name doesn't match the Ticketmaster account.

Not enough to confirm they definitely put a fix in, but if they did, woo boy there's gonna be some drama with a few people lol

Yikes.

I’m sure this is just journalistic ignorance, but did anyone else see the NME article has triggered a few other articles suggesting Larry is only missing some of the Vegas shows?

I’m sure this is just journalistic ignorance, but did anyone else see the NME article has triggered a few other articles suggesting Larry is only missing some of the Vegas shows?

He'll be there. In the audience. To glare at them all night.

It was such a lazy, weird article which recycled comments from other articles and then came up with a headline based on something that wasn't even said in their own article.

Headache, can't wait to see you there, I'll meet you in the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom