The 2013 AFL Thread Not Under ASADA Investigation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's the season. Even if it isn't, I'm not holding out much hope of winning more than three games from here on out. And we've got a pretty weak run coming up.

Are you ready for an error infested match in a swamp tonight, Bonnie? :wink:

Bit disappointed that GWS vs Doggies is the game on telly this arvo rather than Tiges vs North. Though if GWS can somehow get up over the Dogs a la Melbourne, then it may be worth watching.

Carlton's not making finals. Big failure.

Seems Mick wasn't the silver bullet that some hoped.

Huh, I had no idea. Good on Houli.

The clock died with 30 seconds to go in Canberra but the play went on for another 2+ minutes. :laugh: The siren went just as Jones took a hanger but he wasn't given a shot. :laugh:

Absolute disgraceful by our fans today. Being our away game, we packed out the top tier at Docklands. It was half empty by the start of the final quarter. Should stick around until the final siren.

North dominated, they were fun to watch at times. This was always going to be a danger game for us, and we've got our bogey team next week.

Fairly certain GWS will go winless for the rest of the year. Disappointing.

Pretty bummed GWS didn't hold on to beat the Dogs there. At least they stayed in the hunt for the whole game and it was a good contest. The time-keeping situation was ridiculous.

Really the only game GWS have got left in which they have a chance is Melbourne (and it's a home game for GWS too). They also have Brisbane and Gold Coast coming up, but they're both being played up in Queensland and I don't see either of those teams losing to GWS at home.

Then again, knowing Richmond's luck, they'll drop their second-last game of the year, gift GWS a win, and slide into ninth. That's the stuff of my nightmares.

Depending on the uncertainty of what's going to/might possibly happen to Essendon, ninth might be enough for a finals spot.

Honestly, if Essendon cop penalties for THIS season over what happened LAST season, that would be fucking bullshit. Fines? Draft penalties? Brownlow being revoked? Officials fired? That sort of thing I would expect and understand. But this season has been clean and I'd be livid if our achievements are stripped from us given how bloody hard the team has fought to succeed in a hostile climate. (On the other hand, I could handle it if we were stripped of all our points from last season or whatever. It would smart a bit, but it would be a hell of a lot more fair than taking points off this year.)

Also damnit, I was thinking of changing my tip to Brisbane, especially after I heard Ablett was out, and then I forgot.

Umpiring is ruining this game of football. Two frees to West Coast in the F50 leading to goals.

Good to see we're spudding it up in the wet again.

This has gone past a joke now, get a bullshit free paid against us in our F50 and the opposition waltz in to kick the matchwinning goal. Fucking hell. Umpires ruin the game once more.

I say this all the time that it's probably lost all meaning but the more I say it the more I think it's relevant, but I'm so tired of this team and their ability to get screwed over once they're so close to winning. Even when we were 2 goals up I knew we wouldn't win because we'd 1) screw it up and 2) said screw up would be aided by some douche umpire. It's the same fucking narrative, under Craig, under Sanderson, why can't we have a coach who's able to make the right decisions.

Yes Vlad, there's a conspiracy against Adelaide. We're all in on it. Sorry to break this to you now.

The umpires gifted the Hawks a goal last night on an incorrect interchange call. It was one of the worst decisions of the season.

But we still won.

Yes Vlad, there's a conspiracy against Adelaide. We're all in on it. Sorry to break this to you now.

If a player ducks his head/throws his head back and gets caught high as a result, does he deserve a shot on goal?

I don't think we get hard done by them in every single match at all. We had a decent run against GC, the umpires were awfully kind to us against Richmond. Those are two examples at the least.

But there's a trend where we've a chance to win a match and there's one paid (and these are the sorts that wouldn't usually be paid before/or rarely) that eventually impacts the score. It doesn't take away from the fact that we're playing like rubbish and that Sanderson is a potato of a coach and keeps on selecting underperforming players however.

My tips are 1/7 so far. (Thank you, Sydney.) My luck has deserted me in spectacular fashion! *L*

And thank god Freo are pulling away now.

It's becoming increasingly clear that if we want to break this Kennett curse, we'll have to perform some sort of ritual sacrifice. Of Mr Kennett, preferably.

Very glad I went to a gig last night instead of the footy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom