The 2013 AFL Thread Not Under ASADA Investigation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have to check my pigs' brains at the door of this thread?

Quarter time at the Hawks/Suns match and the Suns have yet to receive a single free kick.

How does that happen?

I'm just stunned that the game is evidently competitive thus far. I'm sure Hawthorn probably aren't taking it seriously, but carn the Suns!

Suns lead at half time by eleven points! This is amazing. They look like they believe they can actually do this. I doubt they can hold on to the end - you can only presume Clarkson is going to maul his players during the break and they'll come out murderous - but leading the premiership favourites at half time is going to give the Suns a massive confidence boost. No matter what happens from here, I can see this game going down as a significant one for this team. Now the challenge is just not to get blown away, and they've shown this year they can actually play four full quarters of footy now.

The especially notable thing about this game is that it's in Melbourne. Gold Coast have been looking threatening at home, but seeing them do this away is really exciting.

And ABLETT'S GOT FOUR! God he's lethal.

Hawthorn back in front now and kicking it up a notch. Gold Coast can't seem to get their hands on the ball any more.

I can't believe the match is this close, Hawthorn has been inside 50 nearly 20 more times than Gold Coast.

Buddy just kicked an amazing goal to bring up three for the arvo so far. His stats today are hilarious: 3.1, plus three out on the full. Classic Buddy inconsistency.

And bugger me, 26 inside fifties in the quarter for Hawthorn, yet they only got six goals out of it. Gold Coast defence played their guts out, even if the team never really got to hold onto the ball for more than half a second.

They're letting North players drop the ball and everything. The worst thing is that there's nothing surprising about this.

When are the umpires not conspiring against Adelaide in your view, Vlad? :lol:

And very respectable loss in the end for the Gold Coast, going down by 26 points. I was saying last night that if the Gold Coast lost by any less than forty points, that's essentially a win and they certainly proved their worth today. They're going to be a quality team soon. We probably can't write them off any more. I doubt they'll stand much of a chance next week against Geelong, but they're very real chances in a fortnight to knock off North Melbourne at Carrara.

What the hell is this I don't know.

We were down by 40???

EDIT: It was 46-8.

I don't understand how we constantly struggle against this team, year after year.

It's not as if North are strugglers any more though; they look pretty good at the moment. So I don't think it's quite a disgrace to be trailing them. You've got a good chance of reeling them in too, given the way North have blown some tidy leads already this season in the final quarter. Their susceptibility to a choke is their biggest problem this year.

It's a disgrace. We're a disgrace. You'd think we'd learn after 4 years of the same fucking thing at this same fucking ground.

Really should stop following this sport, it makes me a hugely unpleasant person whenever we lose/play badly.

Oh Vlad, it's good that you're passionate!

And this Kerridge guy seems like a damn good find.

Their susceptibility to a choke is their biggest problem this year.

North's confidence in the final quarter = SHOT SHOT SHOT.

I mean, how hard is it to play keepaway for a couple of minutes? We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn yesterday but still managed to make a competent pass or two to leech time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom