*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really excited about Miracle Drug! It is one of my favorite songs and I never heared it live!

I'm really excited about Miracle Drug! It is one of my favorite songs and I never heared it live!

Miracle Drug is one of my top 10 U2 songs of all time! I saw U2 perform Miracle Drug live at Croke Park Dublin Ireland in 2005 on the Vertigo Tour.

Cedarwood is probably my second favorite song from SOI now, and it sounds quite promising live.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

All right, I know no one cares to see another one of these, but I'll have a go at this seeing as it's one of my favorite topics around here! JustpushPlay brought up a great point, and I am inclined to believe him. There has certainly been more rehearsed than we've heard. We can't be everywhere at all times listening and recording.

As Axver has pointed out a few times, songs rehearsed are a guideline and not an exact prediction of everything that will be played.

1) Invisible
2) Even Better Than The Real Thing
3) Desire
4) California
5) Mysterious Ways
6) Beautiful Day
7) Until The End of The World
8.)The Electric Co
9.) Out of Control
10.)Still Haven't Found
11.)Song For Someone
12.)Iris
13.)The Miracle
14.)Raised by Wolves

Break

15.) Sunday Bloody Sunday
16.) Bullet The Blue Sky
17.) One Step Closer
18.) Miracle Drug
19.) Where The Streets Have No Name
20.) I Will Follow
21.) Volcano
22.) Vertigo
23.) The Playboy Mansion
24.) City of Blinding Lights
25.) Pride

Encore

26.) Running To Stand Still
27.) Bad
28.) Every Breaking Wave
29.) The Troubles

Obviously, they'll be plenty of rotation, but this is, I think, a set that has a better than even chance of being pretty closely replicated at some point during this tour.

This is probably an idiotic question, caused by the fact that I hadn't been paying close enough attention to Interference for awhile until recently, but...

Have opening acts been confirmed yet? Are they definitely, uhh, happening? If not, that would make a 29 song set substantially more likely. Although I would still question whether Bono and Larry could handle it.

Have opening acts been confirmed yet? Are they definitely, uhh, happening? If not, that would make a 29 song set substantially more likely. Although I would still question whether Bono and Larry could handle it.

Still no word on openers, which is getting very weird and increasingly implies there won't be one.

I had a great idea for the show..Mr Macphisto set at the end with string arrangement :
With or Without You
Sleep like a baby
Troubles

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

This is probably an idiotic question, caused by the fact that I hadn't been paying close enough attention to Interference for awhile until recently, but...

Nope, but they actually confirmed that they're playing with the idea of some sort of intermission between the first and 2nd half of the show. So that could give Bono and Larry a break to recover. :)

Thanks for Cedarwood audio.

It is not bad, although this song doesn´t fit for electric arrangement by its nature. What is annoying is the intro riff. It would be much better if it starts directly with that cool Edge´s riff. I suspect the first riff was made up by Bono :)

It is not bad, although this song doesn´t fit for electric arrangement by its nature. What is annoying is the intro riff. It would be much better if it starts directly with that cool Edge´s riff. I suspect the first riff was made up by Bono :)

I have to at least give you some credit... it must be difficult to constantly come up with something different to troll about.

Oh I know I know... it's just your opinion.

zack_wink.gif

Keep fucking that chicken.

I do t usually let things from the interwebz impact my daily life, but I must admit to discussing this guy when a discussion about trolling came up at work. They thought it was as funny and sad as I did.

I have to at least give you some credit... it must be difficult to constantly come up with something different to troll about.

Oh I know I know... it's just your opinion.

zack_wink.gif

Keep fucking that chicken.

Come on, now.

I fail to see what part of his post you quoted could be considered "trolling". He commented on the arrangement of the audio clip that had just been posted, which I think is quite relevant to the discussion.

I know I was one of the first to call out thavidesco's posts but I do think he has actually made an effort to be less inciteful, with some exceptions, since then. English is obviously not his first language and he sucks at wording some things. You probably would too if you tried to join a German-language U2 forum. Sometimes shit just doesn't come across the way it's intended and the person doesn't really know.

Some of you guys are claiming he's trolling though with every single post it seems. I find this to be vastly more annoying at this point than the posts themselves. I actually am starting to admire his persistence, considering if I joined an online message board and every single post I made was met with claims of being a troll (whether baseless or otherwise) I would be long gone.

Yes, some of his posts are silly. We all make them. Cut the guy some slack, I honestly think he's trying but some of you dismiss every word he says. Let's maybe not go out of our way to drive more newbies away considering that's already a reputation Interference holds?

Come on, now.

I fail to see what part of his post you quoted could be considered "trolling". He commented on the arrangement of the audio clip that had just been posted, which I think is quite relevant to the discussion.

I know I was one of the first to call out thavidesco's posts but I do think he has actually made an effort to be less inciteful, with some exceptions, since then. English is obviously not his first language and he sucks at wording some things. You probably would too if you tried to join a German-language U2 forum. Sometimes shit just doesn't come across the way it's intended and the person doesn't really know.

Some of you guys are claiming he's trolling though with every single post it seems. I find this to be vastly more annoying at this point than the posts themselves. I actually am starting to admire his persistence, considering if I joined an online message board and every single post I made was met with claims of being a troll (whether baseless or otherwise) I would be long gone.

Yes, some of his posts are silly. We all make them. Cut the guy some slack, I honestly think he's trying but some of you dismiss every word he says. Let's maybe not go out of our way to drive more newbies away considering that's already a reputation Interference holds?

Um he's trying to make the insinuation that Cedars is just a folk song and should be played as such. Anyone who's ever taken a music class after kindergarten knows how silly his "opinion" is. It's trolling.

SFS and Cedarwood Road sound ace on these recordings in my opinion.
I wonder if Iris would sound as good, it’s one of my personal favs from SOI

Hi there by the way! :wave:
I’ve been lurking in this place for a while, but have registered just recently (mostly to track down tickets for a European show or two in the Want/Have thread :pray:)

I thought Cedars sounded alright as acoustic on the SOI bonus disc--but what I REALLY loved was acoustic RBW... goodstuff there :up:

This would shake things up a bit!

(First part fixed every night)

Volcano
The Miracle
Invisible
California
Cederwood Road
Every Breaking Wave
Song for Someone
Iris
Troubles
Raised by Wolves
----------------------------
(Second part all mixed up every night)

Bad
Where the streets have no name
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
I will follow or Electric Co
Desire or Running to Stand Still
Even better than the real thing or Mysterious Ways
Miracle Drug or Magnificent
Bullet the Blue Sky/One step closer or Sunday bloody Sunday
Pride or New Years Day
Elevation
Still Hav'nt Found
-------------------------------
Encore (full string band all songs)

Stuck in a Moment
Ordinary Love
One
With or Without You

It's the chorus chords and riff. I like the song well enough, but the intro always reminded me of Crumbs from Your Table. Eh, just play the chorus kind of slow and moody at the top before kicking in. Not the most imaginative arrangement on the album. I think the song has plenty of nifty tricks later on though.

Come on, now.

Well said! This provides some food for thought. The word "Troll" gets thrown around on the Internet so much now that it really has lost it's effectiveness.

Um he's trying to make the insinuation that Cedars is just a folk song and should be played as such.

Um no actually, what he said was this:

I see precisely nowhere where he says that Cedarwood Road is "just a folk song and should be played as such". He says that he prefers the acoustic arrangement over the electric one and doesn't like the riff.

Even if he did say exactly what you posted, who the fuck cares? It's his opinion of the song, what the hell gives you the right to say he's not entitled to prefer one version of a song over another? When did thavidesco forfeit the right to express his thoughts on a song in a way that is totally relevant to the conversation? Was there some kind of Interference vote that I missed, or are you just being a prick to this guy because he's an easy target and it's fun?

Anyone who's ever taken a music class after kindergarten knows how silly his "opinion" is. It's trolling.

No, it's not. Just because you disagree with his opinion of a songs arrangement doesn't make it "trolling". I prefer the acoustic arrangement of Staring at the Sun to the original. Am I trolling the forums by stating that? Of course not, but for some reason when thavidesco says it, he's a horrible troll who gets 2 or 3 posts essentially calling him an idiot.

Its gotten way out of hand, it's super unbecoming, and it looks badly on both the forum and those who do it over and over and over. I guarantee someone coming in who has no idea of the context thinks you and Headache (in particular) are just being straight up bullies to this guy, and I'd be inclined to agree at this point. Fucking stop it. It's pathetic. Disagree with his opinions or his posts all you want, but mocking him and calling him a troll for saying he prefers an acoustic version of a song over the electric one is bullshit.

If anybody here is trolling at this point, it's you.

Um no actually, what he said was this:

I see precisely nowhere where he says that Cedarwood Road is "just a folk song and should be played as such". He says that he prefers the acoustic arrangement over the electric one and doesn't like the riff.

Even if he did say exactly what you posted, who the fuck cares? It's his opinion of the song, what the hell gives you the right to say he's not entitled to prefer one version of a song over another? When did thavidesco forfeit the right to express his thoughts on a song in a way that is totally relevant to the conversation? Was there some kind of Interference vote that I missed, or are you just being a prick to this guy because he's an easy target and it's fun?

No, it's not. Just because you disagree with his opinion of a songs arrangement doesn't make it "trolling". I prefer the acoustic arrangement of Staring at the Sun to the original. Am I trolling the forums by stating that? Of course not, but for some reason when thavidesco says it, he's a horrible troll who gets 2 or 3 posts essentially calling him an idiot.

Its gotten way out of hand, it's super unbecoming, and it looks badly on both the forum and those who do it over and over and over. I guarantee someone coming in who has no idea of the context thinks you and Headache (in particular) are just being straight up bullies to this guy, and I'd be inclined to agree at this point. Fucking stop it. It's pathetic. Disagree with his opinions or his posts all you want, but mocking him and calling him a troll for saying he prefers an acoustic version of a song over the electric one is bullshit.

If anybody here is trolling at this point, it's you.

I think he was bringing up when thavidesco said that Cedars of Lebanon was a folk song, I can't remember the whole debate, but it was something like that.

But lay off him a little bit, people just need to be nicer.

Well said! This provides some food for thought. The word "Troll" gets thrown around on the Internet so much now that it really has lost it's effectiveness.

I used to (try to) moderate a forum way back, early 2000s in the land of 56k dial up and a time when the T word meant a great deal more than a repetitive opinion that grates with your own. It was more.. loons with multiple aliases, hassling female users, Googling their work emails, attempted site hackings and the police close to being notified. Ah for the good old days..

Those who are? You're not winding him up responding either. If you don't like the guy's postings, and he's clearly not an English first language user; ignore function? because the constant 'faaack not him again!' replies are becoming the more derailing aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom