Random Music Talk XCIV:Great Distances and Ballistic Weaponry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I listened to a little of it, and honestly, it didn't make it past two points. The first: if this weren't a song by (favorite artist), would I like it? The second: Does this interest me enough to keep listening?

No on both accounts.

And c'mon, the love for it here wasn't overwhelming, either, so I figured I wasn't missing much. It turns out I was correct. I liked the song last night enough, but I don't need to exert myself to hear it again. I might like it more if I hear it again, or live even, (Miracle Drug was much better after I heard it live several times.) but I might not.

Yes, keep telling people the right way to be fans. Who cares if she did or did not listen to it?

Insane is more along the lines of caring when someone you know on the Internet listened to a song, and then getting all up in arms about the fact that they didn't hear it as soon as it was available.

I'm sure (or I hope, really) it's just GAF's hyperbolic posting style, and that he's not really losing sleep over when Martha did or didn't hear ordinary love--just as I don't think laz was actually foaming at the mouth like I pictured him to be every time I said I hadn't listened to no line.

Otherwise who the fuck cares?

Speaking of finally hearing things: ax, I listened to that modern life is war album last night. Good shit, indeed.

Yes, keep telling people the right way to be fans. Who cares if she did or did not listen to it?

I'm not telling her what to do, just giving my reaction to her choice. I think it's very strange and surprising that a huge U2 fan who posts every day on a U2 message board would not even listen to the first new U2 song in years.

It's not a big deal. "Fucking insane" was an exaggeration. "Fucking surprising" is a more appropriate summation of my thoughts. I've come to accept that martha is a rebel and I'm just gonna have to live with that.

Did you not see the pics of his reaction to 12 Years A Slave's Best Picture win?

Nope. I only read like 2 pages into that thread though before I remembered I don't care, I didn't see a single one of these movies.

Lest anyone miss out, then:

2f02171a-2998-4f79-940e-d03825779213_zps787c015e.jpg

I got the same reaction a few years back about not having listened to all of NLOTH. My response would be that when a band disappoints you for long enough, you can be a 'true fan' of their legacy work without giving shit one about the first new song in five years.

The Oscar performance wasn't bad, but best not viewed with ZOOTV Until The End of The World playing in a side window.

Speaking of finally hearing things: ax, I listened to that modern life is war album last night. Good shit, indeed.

:up:

I only had Witness before Fever Hunting came out, so lately I've been working my way through the rest of their discography.

:up:

I only had Witness before Fever Hunting came out, so lately I've been working my way through the rest of their discography.

Yeah, that was the only one I had as well. Witness is a kickass album, though. I've still not heard midnight in America, but i will get to it eventually.

Yeah, that was the only one I had as well. Witness is a kickass album, though. I've still not heard midnight in America, but i will get to it eventually.

Yeah, Witness rules. Midnight in America is the one I haven't got around to yet. I've enjoyed My Love My Way but no individual songs have really stood out yet. Their self-titled debut EP is pretty awesome though. "The Farmer's Holiday Association" kills.

I'm enjoying the new Real Estate, guys. Very soothing, as usual. Talking Backwards is a great song.

I checked out the album after hearing that I Need a Dollar song, and it was a pleasant surprise.

Heard about a minute of that song he did with Aviiiiiiiiiiciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and that was enough of that.

Back
Top Bottom