Radiohead discussion continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thom Yorke Promises New Radiohead 'Panic App'

Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke promised fans a 'panic app' this week, sources say.

The 'Feral' hitmaker, 53, said that he knew Radiohead fans often struggled with inducing a suitable state of panic when absorbing the band's art/truth, and said 'this app, I don't even really know what an app is, I guess it's a program or like a drug, anyhow this one will allow the user to experience panic'.

'It's like a panic button, except you press it to get panic," York2, 49, said.

Radiohead remain 'hard at work' in their Oxford campus creating the new album which will be released in a mobile-only format and distributed to the cloud, where, Yorke informed fans, Johnny Greenwood, 44, now stores his turds and his kills.

"We're in fine fettle and in the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. Ready to go," Yorke said during an e-chat with randomly chosen fans. Sources say the eccentric frontman, 51, now interacts with his bandmates and all other humans exclusively from behind a screen, and no longer cuts his fingernails or toenails or bathes. Fans this March will have an exclusive opportunity to bid online for a vial of pus from the singer's recent nasty boil.

Radiohead's next album will be titled 'Appy To See Ya, and will be released in June whether's it's finished or not. Users can bid online to be the first to illegally download the mp3s from mp3bee.com. Bzzzzzzzz.

That "High and "Dry" rocker sure does say some funny things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil Selway, 47, in lieu of performing drums of any kind on the new Radiohead record, has elected to dedicate his free time to becoming "even more bald."

"Now that Thom and Johnny are playing the whole album themselves, I can focus on my one true calling: being the bald guy in Radiohead."

Selway, 48, recognizes the impossibility of this task, as he currently has absolutely no hair on his head. But that will not stop him. The Pop Is Dead hitmaker believes this challenge to be in the spirit of past Radiohead innovations like Com Lag, the first commercially released EP to not play correctly in any CD player or disc drive. "It's like when we did Kid A, you know? It was the next level. Now I need to branch out as a bald man."

Phil Selway has nothing to do with Radiohead's new album 'Appy To See Ya, set to be released in June whether it's finished or not. He will, however, be extremely bald on the ensuing tour and play drums on all songs written before 2008. On all songs written after that date, he will be extremely bald "and perhaps smoke. It's new hobby I've taken up. I have a lot of free time these days."

Last edited:
Jonny Greenwood Shares Update On Radiohead’s Recording Sessions - Stereogum

We’ve done a couple of months of recording, and it has gone really well. We haven’t listened to anything back yet, so at the moment we’re all very happy. Now, I guess we’re going to go and listen to what we’ve done and see if we were right to be so happy. But we left it at a good place when we last stopped.

We’ve certainly changed our method again. It’s too involved [to explain how]. We’re kind of limiting ourselves; working in limits. So we’ll see what happens. It’s like we’re trying to use very old and very new technology together to see what happens.

I don't know why anyone takes any stock in what musicians have to say when they're recording. It's all a bunch of empty bullshit. Aside from telling me that they're definitely in the process of recording a new album, none of that means anything to me or excites me.

It probably doesn't mean much to the musicians either. Someone rings them up and asks for a quote, rent-a-quote guy takes over, call over.

So nothing official, but I feel like THIS LITTLE TITBIT is worth bumping the thread for

Your manager, Bryce Edge, said you guys are also working on Lift again.
,,He really said that? It's a 'management-favorite'. What people don't know is that there's a very old song on each album, like Nude on In Rainbows. We never found the right arrangement for that, until then. Lift is just like that. When the idea is right, it stays right. It doesn't really matter in which form."

New Dutch Interview With Jonny (from a month and a half ago) [Relevant Bits About Recording In Comments] : radiohead

That Pinkpop performance (its only one..?) is amazing, would love a studio version after all these years.

Rats And Children Follow Thom Yorke Out Of Town

It's June now and the 'Morning Mr Magpie' hitmaker is leading the entire youth of the village of Oxford out into the fields during the traditional 'exodus of the rats' festival, a noted annual happening in this ancient town. When they get to the fields, they will all have a great big picnic, Yorke, 53, says. The rats will eat the crops, and if this were olden times, the whole county would go hungry. But it isn't olden times.

"Have you tried our new app," Yorke asks our reporter. "No, of course you haven't. Because you're a fucking luddite. Well it's pretty good. It's like interactive and swampy and verdant. That's my new favourite word, verdant. I'm the Green Man."

Radiohead are nearing the finish line on their ninth album (fifteenth if you count the Christian-metal late eighties output of 'On A Friday'), and Yorke and the boys are frantic. "We have no fucking clue what we are doing. We did an album, but then Colin's cat pissed over the master drive. Then we rerecorded it from memory but it was a new, different and actually better album. But then we didn't like it, so we smashed it up with the hammer that Johnny uses when his home computer plays up."

"Now we are literally back to square one, and there's only weeks to go before we... oh wait, I forgot, we're not on a label anymore. Yeah."

Johnny Greenwood, 58, joins the midday picnic in a wheat field outside of Oxford, having bicycled the short distance from his cottage where he keeps the hammer he uses when an old computer has given up the ghost ("I don't like leaving evidence," the Karma Police svengali remarked enigmatically), combover flapping wildly in the summer breeze. "Who's up for some pickled eggs and ham sammiches then?!"

The other band members filter in in dribs and drabs, as this entire day is revealed to be a shoot for the band's new video to their new song "I'm the Green Man". "Rats and children, man, you can't keep them down," Phil Selway, 48, opines via his wheelchair-mounted voice synthesiser ("Phil's fine, he's just super lazy," Yorke rang to tell our reporter's editor later in the week. "Not like my lazy eye, just really lacking any sort of work ethic.").

Rats And Children Follow Thom Yorke Out Of Town

It's June now and the 'Morning Mr Magpie' hitmaker is leading the entire youth of the village of Oxford out into the fields during the traditional 'exodus of the rats' festival, a noted annual happening in this ancient town. When they get to the fields, they will all have a great big picnic, Yorke, 53, says. The rats will eat the crops, and if this were olden times, the whole county would go hungry. But it isn't olden times.

"Have you tried our new app," Yorke asks our reporter. "No, of course you haven't. Because you're a fucking luddite. Well it's pretty good. It's like interactive and swampy and verdant. That's my new favourite word, verdant. I'm the Green Man."

Radiohead are nearing the finish line on their ninth album (fifteenth if you count the Christian-metal late eighties output of 'On A Friday'), and Yorke and the boys are frantic. "We have no fucking clue what we are doing. We did an album, but then Colin's cat pissed over the master drive. Then we rerecorded it from memory but it was a new, different and actually better album. But then we didn't like it, so we smashed it up with the hammer that Johnny uses when his home computer plays up."

"Now we are literally back to square one, and there's only weeks to go before we... oh wait, I forgot, we're not on a label anymore. Yeah."

Johnny Greenwood, 58, joins the midday picnic in a wheat field outside of Oxford, having bicycled the short distance from his cottage where he keeps the hammer he uses when an old computer has given up the ghost ("I don't like leaving evidence," the Karma Police svengali remarked enigmatically), combover flapping wildly in the summer breeze. "Who's up for some pickled eggs and ham sammiches then?!"

The other band members filter in in dribs and drabs, as this entire day is revealed to be a shoot for the band's new video to their new song "I'm the Green Man". "Rats and children, man, you can't keep them down," Phil Selway, 48, opines via his wheelchair-mounted voice synthesiser ("Phil's fine, he's just super lazy," Yorke rang to tell our reporter's editor later in the week. "Not like my lazy eye, just really lacking any sort of work ethic.").

:applaud:

I guess we need a Radiohead PLEBA section for Cobbler.

PC-JET?

If this finally gets Big Boots released, I won't complain.

This is Big Boots. Thom even acknowledged it sounds a bit like a James Bond theme song, and the one time they tried to finish it in the studio was for The Avengers soundtrack (not the Joss Whedon movie, but the 1998 Ralph Fiennes/Uma Thurman/Sean Connery remake of the British TV series from the 60s):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_CwBqKSNno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom