Pearl Jam Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I'm guessing a new album after those two shows, somewhere in September, followed by a US tour.

Chances look slim for a Soundgarden Euro tour this year. :sad:

And, it's official.

Won't be going. Wrigley Field shows suuuuuuuck

How come?

I lived in Chicago for awhile, up until 2007, lived a little south of Wrigley, went to a lot of games but never a show there. Do they allow people on the field? I'm having a hard figuring out how they even do a show there.

Yes, they allow people on the field and unless that's where you get a ticket, you're in for a bad time.

At least at Springsteen.

Pretty much they wheel out some speakers onto the the foul ball track and behind home plate for those in seats, and it really just feels like you are outside of an awesome party, getting it piped into you at home.

That was from the seats, of course.

There are ground level sets and closer to the stage, if they set it up the way Steen did.

What changed with the system?

Instead of just buying tix, you now enter a lottery, then they draw randomly to see who gets tix for the shows...as time went on the website would crash during sales, the PJ20 show had epic problems with the server crashing and it took days to iron out, so they went to this but there's no guarantee of getting tix, depends on how many people enter and how many tix TM/Livenation allots for them...I'd always gotten tix in the past for PJ shows (did get shut out of the last Vedder solo show, but thats a different animal playing the Wang, very few tix available and I got a 7th row seat thru TM the day before the show anyway), but now it sounds far less certain. Plus they have you prioritize the shows you want, so likely very difficult to score tix for multiple shows in the high demand cities from the way they describe how the lottery works.

Yes, they allow people on the field and unless that's where you get a ticket, you're in for a bad time.

At least at Springsteen.

Pretty much they wheel out some speakers onto the the foul ball track and behind home plate for those in seats, and it really just feels like you are outside of an awesome party, getting it piped into you at home.

That was from the seats, of course.

There are ground level sets and closer to the stage, if they set it up the way Steen did.

Thanks, good to know. I was wanting this to be my wife's introduction to a live PJ show and Chicago, but now I might wait and see if I can get the field tickets before booking this trip.

Thanks, good to know. I was wanting this to be my wife's introduction to a live PJ show and Chicago, but now I might wait and see if I can get the field tickets before booking this trip.

They are having a GA pit section at the front of the stage (which supposedly will be all fan club members) and then reserved seating on the rest of the field.

That's going to be an interesting first PJ show. Not very characteristic of a usual one, although it could be epic with them having no support band. Sometimes in the past that didn't mean much, but this will be a special occasion.

I think it has the potential to be quite the show, no support band should lend to something like they did at the Gorge with an added (possibly acoustic) set, so likely a long show...not enough to get me to travel to Chicago since they've dangled the fall US tour carrot.

I will manage to catch that carrot this time, dammit.

Watch from 3:00 on...

Pearl Jam - Leash (London '93) - YouTube

:D
98059090.jpg

Well from the apparent results I'm reading about on the PJ board for Wrigley and London, its safe to say I'll probably never get fan club tix through 10 club again. Travesty what they've done to the system.

There seems to be more complaining than there is about U2's ticket presales.
Then again, with only 2 shows being available, Ten Club demand probably outstrips supply with a huge margin. One way or another, many will be shut out from a Ten Club ticket.

Me?

It's a hit or miss thing. They're very much like The Rolling Stones for me, where I absolutely love about 15-20 songs, but can't quite get into the albums themselves.

I said I wouldn't be buying tickets to this concert, but I'm kind of changing my mind. We'll have to see if I can even FIND any, the way this is all beginning to sound...

Me?

It's a hit or miss thing. They're very much like The Rolling Stones for me, where I absolutely love about 15-20 songs, but can't quite get into the albums themselves.

I said I wouldn't be buying tickets to this concert, but I'm kind of changing my mind. We'll have to see if I can even FIND any, the way this is all beginning to sound...

Nice. What are some of your most favorite songs?

Right now I can't get enough of "Just Breathe". Actually got me to listen to Backspacer (making it only the 3rd album of theirs I have heard all the way through).

Obviously I love stuff like Better Man, Jeremy, Alive, Nothingman etc...

I still haven't heard No Code, which Laz was pushing for me to listen to a couple years ago after I finally listened to Vitalogy all the way through.

Ten is the other album I have heard, and it's the only one I really like.

And thanks to DI, I actually have a huge affinity for Wasted (Reprise) of all things.

Good shit. I got choked up the first time I heard "Just Breathe".

Yeah, you should listen to all their albums. Hit up that NO CODE and that YIELD.

Back
Top Bottom