Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where are you staying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what policy you're referring to, but the first I heard that they would not mail the tickets until 30 or 60 days before the show (whatever the day is) was when they sent out the purchase emails.

So while everyone was aware of the fee (at the moment of purchase, not before) the assumption seemed to be that for priority shipping you would have the tickets relatively quickly.

I thought I knew before I bought. I probably heard it from the presale people.

If you had known the policy, would you still have bought the ticket?

I thought I knew before I bought. I probably heard it from the presale people.

If you had known the policy, would you still have bought the ticket?

Sure, like I said in my previous post it's not that big a deal to me.

My response to you was just regarding the fact that I didn't know beforehand they would hold the tickets for months.

Priority mail does not mean they have to mail it now. It will still be priority when they mail it in September.

Yep, exactly.

They can hold them if they want to.

That way, there's no chance of me misplacing them in the next six months :lol:

Priority mail does not mean they have to mail it now. It will still be priority when they mail it in September.
It's still crap. There should've been other mailing options.

Oh well. I'll still be thrilled to be there. :D

I've never paid priority mail for anything and had to wait for more than a few days to receive the item, unless the item wasn't in stock, in which case it was shipped as soon as it was available...isn't that kinda the point of priority mail? Just sayin... :)

And I guess some of my annoyance is that it is possible I will move between now and August - if that happens, pretty lame that I will have to worry about where something that I ordered in April is going to be delivered...

I've never paid priority mail for anything and had to wait for more than a few days to receive the item, unless the item wasn't in stock, in which case it was shipped as soon as it was available...isn't that kinda the point of priority mail? Just sayin... :)

And I guess some of my annoyance is that it is possible I will move between now and August - if that happens, pretty lame that I will have to worry about where something that I ordered in April is going to be delivered...

Priority mail is a service provided by the USPS. Once the package is processed by them, they promise deleivery in two or three business days. The Postal Service has no say over when they recieve the package.

And you are right, the item is not in stock. They are waiting until August or september to stock the product.

It's still crap. There should've been other mailing options.

Amen.

Oh well. I'll still be thrilled to be there. :D

Another Amen from the high rooftops!

There is just an emotional security of having tickets in hand (and obnoxiously waving them in front of friends) that we don't have with our friends from UNLV.

The irony -- "its to prevent scalping" beyotch puhleeeze -- in Vegas? Exactly what in Vegas can you NOT purchase and negotiate? Come on.

Priority mail is a service provided by the USPS. Once the package is processed by them, they promise deleivery in two or three business days. The Postal Service has no say over when they recieve the package.

And you are right, the item is not in stock. They are waiting until August or september to stock the product.

What I meant was that I've never ordered something, paid for priority mail, FedEx, or whatever premium service they offer, and had the company not process the order and ship it immediately. Obviously once the orders are processed, we will receive them in a few day.

And the item is in stock - it is the same ticket stock that is used for all of their events and can be printed and processed at any time they choose to do so.

That statement is a bit mental. :wave:

Why not do same day UPS sonic express for $90??? It's gouging plain and simple. Any reasonable logical person would take Priority Mail to mean it ships now and that it ships priority mail.

Shipping in 4 months after the sale is far from making it a "Priority." :|

That statement is a bit mental. :wave:

Why not do same day UPS sonic express for $90??? It's gouging plain and simple. Any reasonable logical person would take Priority Mail to mean it ships now and that it ships priority mail.

Shipping in 4 months after the sale is far from making it a "Priority." :|

Hey:wave:

You're playing devil's advocate. Ok. I've never had Ticketmaster send me tickets with two-day mail, but if I had, I would still have to wait until the tickets are printed before they shipped them this way, right? It's not like my order would get placed in front of others and be printed the same day I ordered.

UNLVtickets is just waiting MUCH longer to print the tickets before they send them.

Hey:wave:

You're playing devil's advocate. Ok. I've never had Ticketmaster send me tickets with two-day mail, but if I had, I would still have to wait until the tickets are printed before they shipped them this way, right? It's not like my order would get placed in front of others and be printed the same day I ordered.

UNLVtickets is just waiting MUCH longer to print the tickets before they send them.

Actually when you choose priority shipping on Ticketmaster they do print your tickets before others and you do receive your tickets within a few days.

Thank god you bumped the thread, man. I would have completely forgotten about the Vegas show if it had slipped to the second page.

:wink:

:lol:

I will have to learn quickly to answer to Cori. You might have to shout it a few times in my general direction if I don't respond. :wink:

Hi all...I've been sick for two weeks and just checked this thread to see about tickets. Hmmm...guess it's safe to say that no one else has received theirs either?:reject:

As long as I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten tickets, then I'm fine with that. If you all had yours and I hadn't seen anything, then I'd worry. :sexywink:

Yeah I think the excitement has pretty much worn off for now.

*Fast forwards* :gah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom