NLOTH FULL ALBUM - Shamelessly Immediate Review Thread (DISCUSSION ONLY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really shouldn't have hyped up Unknown Caller in my head like I did. I was pretty disappointed on first listen, but now it's growing on me.

The solo at the end is one of the best things Edge has put on record in a decade. Or more. And I dig the idea of them sampling themselves.

Man, I realize a lot of people don't dig Get On Your Boots, and it is probably the weakest track on the album, but damn it it's actually a pretty good song. It couldn't support the weight of carrying the anticipation for the new album, but once you listen to it all at once Boots fares far better than on its own.

Oh yeah, and after a second listen, Stand Up Comedy is a really good song. :up:

I really shouldn't have hyped up Unknown Caller in my head like I did. I was pretty disappointed on first listen, but now it's growing on me.

Actually, every song needs to grow on me. I love them, but I want to love it even more....
The only songs that seem weak at first listen are CT and Breathe, but I liked them... and I want to listen to them again. It's so different.

I did the same thing. I'm not disappointed by it but think it's just an average song at the moment.

oh and i forgot to add that I blew off so much homework to download and repeatedly listen to the album. Thank you U2 for reinforcing my bad habits :up:

Almost done my 2nd listen and wow, it's so much better! It took me a lot longer to warm to HTDAAB. Now if only they had switched the title track for NLOTH2 it'd almost be perfect, I think. Of course, maybe NLOTH2 wasn't ever completed, seeing as the 2nd or 3rd verse was just Bono mumbling. But the album version is Bono's weakest track, I think.

I'm on my first listen (up to Moment Of Surrender), and so far this is fucking awesome! I can't believe how good this is.

I'll probably get no sleep tonight. :lol:

Do the vocals on are sung, or rather shouted on UC bother anybody. It will probably grow on me, but right now I'm not digging it.

I'm totally digging the whole UC thing...to be honest, it sounds like an acid trip to me...total 'Alice in Wonderland.' I imagine Eno slipping them something...and then 48 hours later they wake up and don't know what the hell happened...all the while they were running around shirtless playing the drum kit, pounding-out killer guitar solos, and chanting, with Eno running tape the entire time.

When listening, it's clear that this album could have only come from them now...at this time of their lives. And they've brought us in the sound.

I'm totally digging the whole UC thing...to be honest, it sounds like an acid trip to me...total 'Alice in Wonderland.' I imagine Eno slipping them something...and then 48 hours later they wake up and don't know what the hell happened...all the while they were running around shirtless playing the drum kit, pounding-out killer guitar solos, and chanting, with Eno running tape the entire time.

LOL yeah that song is frickin awesome.

fits with mos perfectly...listen to the words.

good night.

thank you.

once again, my life is profoundly affected by four men from Dublin. this will be the sound of the next few years of my life.
At least we have one beautiful thing in common.

I was actually driving through South Orange County tonight experiencing the new album
- thought of you and my other U2 brothers and sisters out there.

After a first listen:
it certainly is an excellent album in a strange way, AB comes in mind
(can't describe it otherwise for the moment)...
Love Breath and Fez already a lot

I did not notice the passers by and they did not notice me...greatest u2 lyrics in eons. imho

I love this... it's so different that I hate it. But I love it cause it's so different. :heart::heart: It's so, so...

I really don't have words
I really should be sleeping...

Holy fucking hell!

Unknown Caller, Stand Up Comedy and FEZ-Being Born are tracks I'm really digging off the bat, but there's so much in it. I have to say a lot of those reviews underplayed this...this glorious thing :D

Oh wow!!! :combust: I have to go to bed..But I don't know if I can sleep...I have been listening to this non stop...over and over....favs so far Magnificent, MOS, I'll go Crazy,Stand up Comedy,Breathe and Cedars.
But this album is going to be one of my favorites if not my favorite U2 album! ..good job..:up::hyper::hyper::drool::drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom