NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad the Jets are having a lousy year.

Meanwhile, down in Hotlanta, Bobby Petrino had enough of the NFL. I feel badly for Falcons' owner, Arthur Blank. Shortly before Petrino's announcement, Blank was gushing about how Petrino was the right man for the job. Guess Bobby couldn't take the pressure, so it's back to the college game for him. I think a lot of Falcons' players are happy to see him go. Hey, that just means a new job opening for a young NFL coach.

I almost posted that story this morning but figured either Hewson or phanan would get to it first. :wink:

I think I'm going to start looking for a new team to root for. It would be one thing if it was "wow, they're really trying to get out of this slump they're in and still can't catch a break", but maybe with the exception of the game against Dallas, I haven't seen evidence of that at all. And the word on the street is that, once again, the organization has a few disgruntled players in their midst. Even being a casual observer of the Lions for so many years, one thing stands out: this team takes talent, rips it to shreds, and ruins its players and coaches. Not a single coach who has left this team in the past 15 (I think) years has ever gone on to coach in the NFL again. And let's not even talk about Barry Sanders...

This season reminded me of why I never really got into football before. Now that I am, it's quite painful. :rantover:

goodell must be drooling over the potential super bowl ratings thsi year...

an undefeated patriots team vs. either the cowboys or the packers, with an outside shot at the giants if the top two teams choke.

only way he can lose is if new england chokes or all three of the top nfc teams choke and seattle or arizona gets in there.

it was on the back cover of newsday today... but the national news just ain't pickin' it up. i guess when one team "cheats" it's headline news... when it's discovered that everyone's doing the same thing, which anyone with half a brain already knew, it's not news anymore.

lspt.jpg

Last edited:
Michael Holley mentioned it on the air (WEEI radio) yesterday when they were talking to the Jets play by play guy, I didn't post anything cause there was no factual evidence at the time (though Holley has had nearly limitless access while writing Patriot Reign and the Tedy Bruschi book, so there was no reason to doubt him). Its intersting it took so long for it to come to light, and its expected that the national media is trying to ignore it like a red headed step child cause they'll essentially have to admit to being biased asses if they acknowledge it.

But Eric Mangini looks better and better with each passing day.

According to a published report, a Jets employee was asked to stop videotaping the Patriots sideline during the first quarter of a game in Foxborough last season. Jets officials claim everything was above board.

"All filming at last year's Patriots game was done with pre-approval from the Patriots and in accordance with NFL rules," Bruce Speight, the Jets' senior director of media relations, told Newsday.

These 2 paragraphs are funny..if the Pats approved the taping Mr. Speight, then why did they ask you to stop during the game?
Doesn't make sense now does it.

The Jets employee at the stadium was removed but the camera was not confiscated, according to the report. The employee's filming took place on the mezzanine level of the stadium.

This is the open area by the "lighthouse" in Gillette Stadium.

NFL rules on where taping can be done state:
no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." They also say all video for coaching purposes must be shot from locations "enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead
Now that walkway where they were taping is by no means "enclosed on all sides" nor is there a roof. So I doubt the NFL or the Pats approved it.

This tidbit is interesting too:
When rumors surfaced then about the Jets' videotaping the Patriots last year, Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum denied that any illegal videotaping occurred in an interview with Foxsports.com. "Absolutely no truth to that whatsoever," he said then. "Completely false."

Well I guess we now have a new definition of "completely false"

My predictions:

Pats will leave starters in all the way to ensure the perfect season and lose either Brady or Moss to a freak injury.

Romo will do something else stupid in the playoffs like last year, and be labeled the new "Peyton Manning" for folding in the playoffs.

The Vikings and Jaguars will get hot and surprise a lot of people.

Here are my predictions:

-The Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl with an undefeated record.
-Bill Belichick is still going to be a douchebag weasel.
-The Dolphins are going to be winless.
-The Jets are still going to be terrible.

speedracer said:
Current line is Patriots -25 vs. NY Jets.

Taking the Jets +25 and the under might be a smart play. Big nor'easter in this weekend's forecast.

CTU2fan said:

Taking the Jets +25 and the under might be a smart play. Big nor'easter in this weekend's forecast.
Grab the Jets and under now, the line should move soon based on the weather, then grab the Pats -22 and over 43 and hope for a Pats 34-10 win. A can't miss proposition. :wink:

Snow is actually good for a short passing game, because it's hard for the DL to generate a pass rush and for the DBs to keep their footing.

Strong wind, however, is really bad for a passing offense (see this year's Baltimore game).

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it was on the back cover of newsday today... but the national news just ain't pickin' it up. i guess when one team "cheats" it's headline news... when it's discovered that everyone's doing the same thing, which anyone with half a brain already knew, it's not news anymore.

I think it's great that most football fans in America believe that the Pats are cheaters. :wink: :yes: :lol:

John Lackey said:

I think it's great that most football fans in America believe that the Pats are cheaters. :wink: :yes: :lol:
But while some misinformed fans may think that, everyone knows they are champions, just as everyone knows the Angels are chokers. Life is good in the Boston sports world these days John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom