NFL 2007 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully R. Bush doesn't follow the same path Meggett did after football. This comes from my brother and I have no other source...

Dave Meggett - "Just in case you ever were wondering about the guy, and I have no idea why that would be, he just plead guilty to 2nd degree rape and has to register as a sex offender everywhere he lives. He was a rec director in my area. It was a 28 year old woman, though, you sickos."

Got Philk? said:
hopefully R. Bush doesn't follow the same path Meggett did after football. This comes from my brother and I have no other source...

Dave Meggett - "Just in case you ever were wondering about the guy, and I have no idea why that would be, he just plead guilty to 2nd degree rape and has to register as a sex offender everywhere he lives. He was a rec director in my area. It was a 28 year old woman, though, you sickos."

Yeah I'd heard that about Meggett, I think there's other stuff too but I'm too lazy to google.

zonelistener said:
Minus the ones who are so sure that some random CBS audio clip assures that teams pipe sound into their stadiums. :wink:

Not all teams...just the Colts :wink:

So the 'Niners won! Again, there were a few instances of questionable play-calling, such as going for it on 4th and 2 with the ball on the Bengals' 30yd line or so with 6:15 to go in the game and leading 20-13. Why not kick the FG and go up by 2 scores? That strategy almost came back to haunt them, but thankfully Ocho couldn't hang onto the ball.

Another positive is that the win decreases the Patriots' chances of getting the number 2 pick in the draft.

Fucking Bengals :( The one time I cheer for that circus and of course they lose to the lowly Niners.

Well, goodbye #2 pick...not that they were taking McFadden but I was hoping some team (Dallas?) would trade a buttload of picks for the chance to draft him.

CTU2fan said:
Fucking Bengals :( The one time I cheer for that circus and of course they lose to the lowly Niners.

Well, goodbye #2 pick...not that they were taking McFadden but I was hoping some team (Dallas?) would trade a buttload of picks for the chance to draft him.

I personally think it works out better if the pick is a couple of spots down, as the Patriots won't take McFadden anyway. They'll probably take someone with the best value which means a DL or OL, preferrably a defensive end that can be transitioned into a linebacker.

And a couple of spots down saves a ton of money against the cap, too.

Butterscotch said:
This backup the Niners used was impressive. They should make him the permanent starter.

I say they should start him in the next game, but hold off on the "permanent" label. Remember AJ Feeley's two-week season, of course. Stellar vs. the Pats, then god-awful against Seattle.

But then again, the other option is Alex Smith...:huh:

DaveC said:

I say they should start him in the next game, but hold off on the "permanent" label. Remember AJ Feeley's two-week season, of course. Stellar vs. the Pats, then god-awful against Seattle.

But then again, the other option is Alex Smith...:huh:

They're just hoping that their backup turns out to be the next Tom Brady. :wink:

Miami finally wins a game in overtime.

They show the entire Baltimore drive on CBS, then after the FG miss, they cut to commercial and don't show any of the Miami drive. Thanks, CBS :|

This makes next week's MIA-NE game a lot less interesting, too :(

DaveC said:
Miami finally wins a game in overtime.

They show the entire Baltimore drive on CBS, then after the FG miss, they cut to commercial and don't show any of the Miami drive. Thanks, CBS :|

This makes next week's MIA-NE game a lot less interesting, too :(

Miami's win has zero impact on what makes next week's game with NE interesting. It's interesting because NE's pursuing Miami's claim to having the only undefeated season. Wether Miami has 13 wins, or 1 win coming into that game, that's the story.

The "dude" commericals for Bud Light are really fucking annoying.

No spoken words said:

Miami's win has zero impact on what makes next week's game with NE interesting. It's interesting because NE's pursuing Miami's claim to having the only undefeated season. Wether Miami has 13 wins, or 1 win coming into that game, that's the story.

I disagree.

A game between a 14-0 team and a 0-14 team is big. Especially if Miami made a close game of it.

DaveC said:

I disagree.

A game between a 14-0 team and a 0-14 team is big. Especially if Miami made a close game of it.

Yeah, we disagree here, a 14-0 team playing an 0-14 team could not be less interesting to me. My only interest in this game is that it's Miami.

Two 0-14 teams playing each other would be more compelling to me.

Let's agree to disagree, but let's please agree that the Dude commercials suck.

JOE BUCK: How good must it feel to be a Dallas Cowboys quarterback when they're doing well?

TROY AIKMAN: Fantastic.

JOE BUCK: Romo's smiling, he's doing great...and to think, it all started last year when he won "The Gobbler".

*cut to shot of Jessica Simpson*

:laugh:

When will NFL DBs (at least the ones who aren't Deion Sanders) learn not to return an interception out of the middle of the endzone? For Christ's sake, even Pop Warner kids know better than that.

Also, way to go calling the TO to buy time for a replay challenge, then losing the challenge and a second TO. Just call for the challenge off the bat. Geez.

Last edited:
speedracer said:
When will NFL DBs (at least the ones who aren't Deion Sanders) learn not to return an interception out of the middle of the endzone? For Christ's sake, even Pop Warner kids know better than that.

Also, way to go calling the TO to buy time for a replay challenge, then losing the challenge and a second TO. Just call for the challenge off the bat. Geez.

Yup, Andy Reid is a dumbass.

That is all.

You know what's sad? Philly beat Dallas in Dallas ... and I don't give a shit.

Thanks Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid. Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom