MERGED--> Lost Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any guesses on the polar bear fossil?

When I saw that the first thing I thought of was time travel.
I read once, a year or two ago where the producers ruled out time travel, so I have no idea.

lazarus said:
I agree Muldfield, the Ghostbusters thing was kind of lame. But they've had ghosts, or whatever the hell they are, appearing since Season 1, and at least they're finally going to have someone on the island who may be able to scientifically answer some of those questions.
I guess so. Good point. I just wish it were a bit more original. The guy seems a good actor, I suppose, and there aren't that many roles for East Asian Americans. I'm just tired of getting invested in characters so they can just die or serve little purpose.

U2DMfan said:

I thought the idea was:

He comes in and says "sorry to hear about your son/grandson? being murdered" then proceeds to go ghostbust. Implication being, the granny/mom might not/probably didn't have any idea the ghost is her son.

We know that he was gonna spook the ghost out of the house, because that's his gig. He's goes in there and the ghost says something to the effect of 'I'm trying to get my mother to come up here and find this money' so he says 'tell me where it is so you can go' (whatever he said, the transcripts aren't up yet), so he takes the money and he steals it, gives her a slight cut and calls it a refund. When he walked downstairs, he was in a hurry to get the fuck out, was he not? The ghost might not have thought he was gonna keep ?I only saw it once.

I think the point was to show that he was a psychic and a crook.
At the least, a dubious guy.

I dunno, I just read an episode review that had some 'quotes', although they may have been paraphrased as well, I could be pretty off base. Whatever it was, I was well sick of backstories by Season 4, now here comes more.

Give me flash forwards, you sunsabitches!!!!

I also agree that they need to sharpen the script to the point where obvious questions and statements don't just go casually unasked or unsaid.
I hadn't thought of it that way. Good point. I would have thought a guy like that would be terrified of ghosts getting revenge on him for that. Pretty dumb ghost to not see he was taking advantage of his mother downstairs, unless he was only confined to his room. Very odd.

And the whole "we have one member specializing in a given field with a given talent on the away team" seems so silly. Too cheesy sci fi. Does anyone else think the guy on the other end of the phone sounds like Damon Lindeloff?

Last edited:
Buried alive.....alive.......

000395_43.jpg

No spoken words said:
Buried alive.....alive.......

000395_43.jpg
It's amazing how quickly you folks just find and put up images within a minute. I don't even know how to do it, not that I want to know; I'd waste so much time doing that.

Lancemc said:
We all always keep Khan pics on hand for such occasions.

:yes:

Muldfeld, I just have a few handy photos saved in my photobucket account.

It takes seconds, once you've actually found the actual photos.

Here's another one I like:

Muldfeld said:

Does anyone else think the guy on the other end of the phone sounds like Damon Lindeloff?

I don't actually know what he sounds like, but I've read this in a number of different places, so you're not alone in hearing some similarity. I got no clue, though. Shouldn't the voice actor be credited, somewhere? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

(without reading the other replies)

I read the synopsis of the first episode and it mentioned that Jack died. What a shame.

Last edited:
I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the picture frames change before and after Miles goes into the grandson's room. The camera briefly pauses on them each time, and they are definately different. Some people think that this is occurring at the same time as Desmond turning the key in the hatch, and time changed. They also think that this is why the pilot's TV goes all staticy. Some also think this is why Dan doesn't know why he's crying and the Dharma tag is in the desert.

sindaddy said:
I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the picture frames change before and after Miles goes into the grandson's room. The camera briefly pauses on them each time, and they are definately different. Some people think that this is occurring at the same time as Desmond turning the key in the hatch, and time changed. They also think that this is why the pilot's TV goes all staticy. Some also think this is why Dan doesn't know why he's crying and the Dharma tag is in the desert.

Now this is absolutely interesting.

I guess I'll be watching the episode a fourth time this morning.

It did change. The first frame was dark and the second was metal. I'm loving this time change theory. And it's all occuring during footage of the wreck recovery. In the desert when they find the polar bear the headline on the paper is about finding flight 815. Daniel is watching footage on the news, so is the pilot.

When the grandmother opens the door Miles has to remind her that they spoke on the phone that morning. You wouldn't remember speaking to a medium on the phone and arranging for him to come over later that day? Something very interesting is going on in this episode.

I heard some people at work on Friday talking about the time travel angle.

They were saying how they are tired of being "fucked with" by the producers.

As for me, I do not watch that much TV, but the shows I watch, I love....but none of them fuck with you....so, I see it as a great change of pace and I'm just taking the ride....cannot wait to see where it takes me, and lord knows I've enjoyed it immensely heretofore.

Locke: WHAT IS THAT BLACK SMOKE!?
Ben: I dont know!!!!

Yeah, I'm getting really frustrated with the show. Stop raising more questions and not answering any of the previous ones.

I can't say for certain, so do correct me, if I'm wrong, but didn't the producers explicitly rule out any time travel going on, or something like that? Not sure. Say word.

Not sure about that, but I remember them saying there was in fact a logical (maybe even scientific) explanation for everything in the show.

Interesting episode.

I am wondering if Walt and Michael are on the boat - That is how walt warns locke.

I am wondering what C.S. Lewis has to do with this episode.

WHo is Ben's guy on the boat?

Why did Naomi have Desmond's photo? Really? It seems far fetched that she would have it.

We now know three people have seen the shack, Ben's look of surprise was great.

The picture frames changed, but so did the pictures. There are different pictures surrounding the picture of the boy.

Why is the pilot obsessed with the flight to the point he memorized the names of all 108?

If they have the picture of Ben off of the Island, why do they assume Julliet is a "native"?

Who is the woman with Dan, his wife? They focus on her ring, is it a clue?

What year is it when they find the plane in the ocean? In examining the calendar over the grandson's desk, it appears to be 2008. If that is the case, how can it be that those on the Island have only been there a few months?

Why is Ecko dead? :O(

That episode was vintage Lost.
Lots of question and not knowing what hell is going on.

I love it :rockon:

Dreadsox said:

Why is Ecko dead? :O(

He's black. This is how (American) science-fiction works, unfortunately.

Except for Lando Calrissian. He was just a backstabbing traitor who, once redeemed, was relegated to spending 3/4 of a movie with various muppets.

Well, in the original draft of Jedi, Lando and the Falcon didn't escape the Death Star explosion. So Lucas at least had plans to keep the stereotype alive.

He sure made up for it by electrocuting Mace Windu and throwing him off a balcony though.

Speaking of Star Wars, there were plenty of star wars references in this episode.

Music in Tunesia - John Williams Star Wars
"I'm here to rescue you."
Charlotte hanging upside down = Retun of the Jedi.

No spoken words said:

:yes:

Muldfeld, I just have a few handy photos saved in my photobucket account.

It takes seconds, once you've actually found the actual photos.

Here's another one I like:

What? But...that never happened!? Bono doesn't dress like that! These are devil photos! Lies! Your machine spits out lies! This is an evil place! Seriously, though, this thread is dangerous for me; too much intelligent guessing that's gonna ruin surprises for me if I'm not careful in what I read.

If you shout... said:

I don't actually know what he sounds like, but I've read this in a number of different places, so you're not alone in hearing some similarity. I got no clue, though. Shouldn't the voice actor be credited, somewhere? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
Oh, cool! Thanks. He's on the DVD set for Season 1 and the TV special leading up to the finale for Season 3, so I thought it sounded like him. He's actually a good writer unlike Abrams.

Last edited:
If you shout... said:
I can't say for certain, so do correct me, if I'm wrong, but didn't the producers explicitly rule out any time travel going on, or something like that? Not sure. Say word.

I always figured nobody read my posts, this just confirms it. Yeah, the producers said 'no' to time travel. Go all the way back one page, I alluded to the same question.

My guess is, they have found some space in the minutia or the semantic. They have also shown that Desmond fell into some sort of wormhole and he was seemingly able to repeat his past steps but was told it wouldn't make a difference.

In light of that, I would say, why it is possible in the Lost Universe, it doesn't seen to make that big of a difference.

In other words, the time travel seemingly available is almost to serve as a lesson rather than an opportunity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom