Los Angeles II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
Also, the rumoured rehearsal song Ultra Violet has not come to pass, yet. :|

If I remember correctly, the rumours of Ultra Violet and Love Is Blindness came from an interview with Bono when he said they were two he'd thought he'd like to play again, but there were no rumours of an actual rehearsal of them ...

But today doesn't seem to have been good for my memory, heh!

Axver said:

I think you may actually be right. I'd read this ages ago, back in 2003 or so and it lingered in my brain ... I just searched for it now, and I can't find ANYTHING, not even from a dodgy source.

I'd now love to know where I originally read it. I thought someone had leaked a single cover but apparently not ...

probably among the shitstorm of rumors that were going on around '02-'04 HTDAAB Sessions

there were a lot of them, and you and I Ax, were there for a lot of it, huh?

i wonder if tonight will be the long awaited debut of "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go".

Axver said:

If I remember correctly, the rumours of Ultra Violet and Love Is Blindness came from an interview with Bono when he said they were two he'd thought he'd like to play again, but there were no rumours of an actual rehearsal of them ...

But today doesn't seem to have been good for my memory, heh!

I thought I'd remembered UV being on one of the several lists posted as being rehearsed in Vancouver or one the the other cities? Could be wrong though. Half the time I cant remember my own name.

U2DMfan said:

probably among the shitstorm of rumors that were going on around '02-'04 HTDAAB Sessions

there were a lot of them, and you and I Ax, were there for a lot of it, huh?

Oh, those were fun times. Still got your copy of Solar?

VintagePunk said:

I thought I'd remembered UV being on one of the several lists posted as being rehearsed in Vancouver or one the the other cities? Could be wrong though. Half the time I cant remember my own name.

I know it wasn't rehearsed in Vancouver - at least, I know it wasn't mentioned by anyone who listened in. It may have been elsewhere, though: there were that many songs being rumoured from a variety of sources that they started to blend into one for me and I lost track of the source of some.

Stingray said:
so i don't have to play tonight? :shrug:

Well, if you're drunk, do you even think you should be playing?

Wait, maybe I should ask someone sobre and get their response instead ...

U2DMfan said:
yes, Solar is great, especially the bagpipes.

Solar was not a real album. At the time, bogus rumors circulated that the new album (now HTDAAB) would be named Solar, but the rumors were disproved.

:wink:

Axver said:

I know it wasn't rehearsed in Vancouver - at least, I know it wasn't mentioned by anyone who listened in. It may have been elsewhere, though: there were that many songs being rumoured from a variety of sources that they started to blend into one for me and I lost track of the source of some.

Okay, I think I may have read it on some message group, and it was translated from a German or Russian site? The same list included Lemon, IIRC.

VintagePunk said:

Okay, I think I may have read it on some message group, and it was translated from a German or Russian site? The same list included Lemon, IIRC.

That would be the Mexico rehearsals then. They are the ones who rumoured Lemon. The Mexican report, however, would now appear to be fraudulent.

Stingray said:
so this means you're drunk too?

No, I meant that I shouldn't ask you that question as you're drunk. I've been drinking my wine in moderation so I'm alright.

And yeah, maybe I should ask myself. OK, you can play tonight if you want. Might be fun. Just play in the right key!

MikeSt said:
ugh Ally...its so hideous!!! yet hilarious at the same time. sometimes he just cant dress on his own.

oh lordy... i was picturing a nice pale pink, something subdued and pretty... but man, that is SALMON ASS PINK! eeek! :no: :wink:

i do like how bono said he's gonna devote the rest of his life to ending extreme poverty in Africa... but this also makes me wonder if maybe he'll be retiring from music to dedicate himself to the cause... :huh:

Axver said:

No, I meant that I shouldn't ask you that question as you're drunk. I've been drinking my wine in moderation so I'm alright.

And yeah, maybe I should ask myself. OK, you can play tonight if you want. Might be fun. Just play in the right key!
I'll try.....:|

Back
Top Bottom