LA #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For some reason, I was so over Angel of Harlem that I didn't even realize it wasn't on my iPod until after that awesome Tonight Show version with the Roots.

I haven't listened to it in so long, it almost feels new. :)

especially the Elevation tour version.

Desire at Slane was easily the weakest part of that show. They could've done Bad or ASOH (which was sadly a disaster the week before) instead and that would've put that concert into the one of the best ever.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

For some reason, I was so over Angel of Harlem that I didn't even realize it wasn't on my iPod until after that awesome Tonight Show version with the Roots.

I haven't listened to it in so long, it almost feels new. :)

There's AoH and then there's AoH with The Roots....the most amazing song U2 has ever played live....God, if The Roots were with them for this :drool:.

The Forum - Los Angeles, CA - May 27, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / My Sweet Lord (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Desire
15 - Angel of Harlem
16 - Every Breaking Wave

No California tonight?

After the first Vancouver show, I said to NSW "Gee, that's the first time I've ever heard Desire, Angel of Harlem and When Love Comes To Town!"

... and then I remembered that my first U2 show was Zoo TV, so I did in fact see all three of those. :lol:

:reject:

If U2 is allergic to full band EBW, they should go back to playing the 360 version. That was really nice.

It's funny, I think this too, yet when I made that post in the general tour thread about warhorses earlier today, it occurred to me that Desire has actually been a very infrequent visitor over recent tours - nine shows on 360 and six on Vertigo. Even on Elevation, the tour on which it has been done the most since ZooTV, it was rotational (except for the end of the first leg, when it became a fixture) and made only two shows on the third leg.

I think it's because you and I are in Australia - it's been done down here on both of the band's most recent visits.

most of America and Europe hasn't seen the song, especially at it's full potential, since 1993. I definitely want it to hang around, same with Angel of Harlem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P01yM_d9Yy0

I watched this the other day and I have no idea what Edge didn't like about the arrangement. It sounds ripping.

Maybe the Bono bird mating call at 2:41? :wink:

I skipped into the song and "KAW KAW" was the first thing I heard, lol.

JK, it sounds wonderful! A bit weird to hear it live (I have only seen the Popmart DVD once), but cool...

Another contender for the MW spot, imo: Crystal Ballroom :D

I think this has been the weakest setlist of the tour so far. But I'll stay up just to hear 11 O Clock/The Ocean close the show.

Can anybody confirm if there was a Not Fade Away snippet at the end of Desire? I wasn't listening to the stream thanks to a colleague coming to pester me about boring crap I couldn't care less about. Dude, don't you know I have snippet-spotting duties?

Join us now as we move into the awkward transitions portion of the show.

twilightzoneposter.jpg

I think this has been the weakest setlist of the tour so far. But I'll stay up just to hear 11 O Clock/The Ocean close the show.

I think you might be staying up a loooooong time for that to happen. You may need time to become circular and to finally cycle back to 1980.

The Forum - Los Angeles, CA - May 27, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / My Sweet Lord (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Desire
15 - Angel of Harlem
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky

I think you might be staying up a loooooong time for that to happen. You may need time to become circular and to finally cycle back to 1980.

Or just win tickets to the KROQ gig tomorrow, so you can hear all of the best 1980 has to offer.

Someone just did a huge scream for Bullet lol.. (it's good but not screamworthy :lol:)

Join us now as we move into the awkward transitions portion of the show.

a>

EBW into Bullet has been an epic fail. It looked great on paper, but has sucked mightily. Follow EBW with NYD ASAP. Let NYD and Pride close the main set, like in the 80s.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom