July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Discussion Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading to Dublin in 24 hours. Hoping to post some nice videos after the shows. I'm on Facebook as eltimbomofo if anyone wants to look me up :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yeah, 4pm Thursday.
:up:

Seriously, 16:00 on the day is being overly optimistic on the organisers' part. The tour's already had people queuing for days in the GA line, so I don't see how they could think two hours before showtime is in any way plausible. It could very well end up that the fans will queue to be in the queue!

5249_106861406685_5678046685_231843.jpg

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh where is heather! I can't get ahold of her by cell... can anyone help???

i'm in Kilkenny tonite... but am supposed to meet Heather tomorrow in dublin.. but her cell number isn't working for me.:sad:

Just got an email about Friday from Ticketmaster.ie. They don't want people to start queueing up until 4pm. :doh: OK, :lol: that'll happen

Hi All, :wave: hope you dont mind a latecomer joining!

I got this email today! I was wondering how many ppl will take note!! What time are most ppl thinking of queuing? I heard that it's fairly chilled over there with regard to queuing and arriving at venue etc??

My tickets are for Dublin2 so i dont go over until Friday afternoon. I live in north england and it has rained solidly today, as it did last friday and on&off inbetween. Praying for it to be dry on Saturday! Just checked the weather and it says sunny spells, 19 degrees C. . . . fingers crossed it is right!

xx

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh where is heather! I can't get ahold of her by cell... can anyone help???

i'm in Kilkenny tonite... but am supposed to meet Heather tomorrow in dublin.. but her cell number isn't working for me.:sad:

Her facebook status from today is that she got to Dublin safely and she posted it with her phone

Hi All, :wave: hope you dont mind a latecomer joining!

I got this email today! I was wondering how many ppl will take note!! What time are most ppl thinking of queuing? I heard that it's fairly chilled over there with regard to queuing and arriving at venue etc??

My tickets are for Dublin2 so i dont go over until Friday afternoon. I live in north england and it has rained solidly today, as it did last friday and on&off inbetween. Praying for it to be dry on Saturday! Just checked the weather and it says sunny spells, 19 degrees C. . . . fingers crossed it is right!

xx

:wave: Hello. I can deal with 19 degrees C! Keeping my fingers crossed as well.

Just got an email about Friday from Ticketmaster.ie. They don't want people to start queueing up until 4pm. :doh: OK, :lol: that'll happen

yeah I had that as well- be interesting to see if they can enforce it. But I won't be upset if they just wrist band people who get there early and then you just go back later and straight into the inner claw

yeah I had that as well- be interesting to see if they can enforce it. But I won't be upset if they just wrist band people who get there early and then you just go back later and straight into the inner claw

I would be happy with that. What time are most ppl planning on going down?? I've never really been to a stadium gig that you have to get there really early; I queued for The Killers in London last November from 2.45pm and doors opened at 7pm and we were 1st ones there by about 15 mins! I'm guessin most ppl will go about lunchtime if gates open at 6pm? But then if Ireland is as chilled out as i'm hearing then maybe me and my friend can go down mid afternoon??

Thoughts/ideas please??

Thank you!

I know my friend wants to go as early as possible. I'm trying to convince her to first have a big breakfast and then we can go around 10am or 11am.

I'll see y'all at Gravity Bar and/or Messers Maguire! I'll be an indian guy with a beard and long hair in a U2 t-shirt.

I would be happy with that. What time are most ppl planning on going down?? I've never really been to a stadium gig that you have to get there really early; I queued for The Killers in London last November from 2.45pm and doors opened at 7pm and we were 1st ones there by about 15 mins! I'm guessin most ppl will go about lunchtime if gates open at 6pm? But then if Ireland is as chilled out as i'm hearing then maybe me and my friend can go down mid afternoon??

Thoughts/ideas please??

Thank you!

hard to judge what time to go. On Vertigo we got there about 10.30am on the Friday and had no trouble getting in the gold circle, the Saturday night we rolled up at 4pm and again got in. Friday I'm tempted to go early and make sure of it.

Thoughts/ideas please??

Thank you!

We didn't go down until an hour before U2 came on stage in 05 and got v close to the stage. Heres a couple pics so you can judge for yourself

http://i25.tinypic.com/i4it6a.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/vspd39.jpg

Should say that was the Mon night, Sat night I would be inclined to go a bit earlier but most people in Ireland stay in the pub as long as possible.

Thoughts/ideas please??

Thank you!

I arrived at about 11am on saturday in 2005 and got in with time to spare, i was thinking of heading down at a similar time this friday and saturday. I was also thinking if there was a few of us heading down at a similar time we should meet up before hand so there is a larger group of us in the Q so then there will be more banter among us as we wait. I will be going to the meetup with an american friend so i will suggest this idea then also, but if there is anybody interested in a bit of exrta company just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom