Invisible Discussion Thread III (Do not post song requests - discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the screen effects were not done in post-production?

Seems like it was live and there is a bit of a "performance" in manipulating the effects ala lighting directors. Also seems like the visuals are somehow tied into the sound. Pretty neat.

PUNKERATOR.

Really cool to see that it was done real time... I still highly doubt they'll take the system on tour, as the company's head himself said that the video shoot was the first time they've used the technology in that large a space... and that space is dwarfed in comparison to an arena.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Edge is on fire playing Punkerator music from Mars (or you know Uranus)

:wink:

Really cool to see that it was done real time... I still highly doubt they'll take the system on tour, as the company's head himself said that the video shoot was the first time they've used the technology in that large a space... and that space is dwarfed in comparison to an arena.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Or, being U2, they just might be get somebody to create the technology at the appropriate scale to do that every night. That sounds about like the normal MO for these guys.

Yes YB the rooftop was def a U2 Monent....
(sounds like <maybe> the 360 tour didn't have that for you? To each their own. :) Since I love a bunch of songs from NLOTH and Zooropa both '09 & '11 360 had those U2 Moments for me as well )

jvy - putting it the way you have w jf saying to them "still got the goods" makes real sense- how many hosts would say that to a performer/band in the top pantheon of music/performers- if not go bring out the point iof pure, "simple " joy of performing singing/playing music.

ANd the magic of the song and them just getting into it playing- without (as U said) all the production was srtill magic.

I do though love a great production live- I'm a serious visual artist type so that VsA "calls to me" as well as being a deep lover of music. But I absolutely get what you are saying.

And as I was scrolling down catching up- my hard-working but older laptop <a gift when the person up-graded to an newer LpTp> might not be able to get the full thing linked up I haven't try to link to the tech article on the commercial yet.

But I was thinking ..ah, maaaaybe they ( U2) will try to boost up the capabilities of this new tech before they tour....
before i read your (same idea) comment.
(that's the VisArtist in me :D )

ah just took a quick look at the article - text & photos are fine -- have read the rest of it later. Verrrry interesting!

I think having that up ( a screen w the Vis effects ) on TTOTR would have presenteed too many hazards- esp w iffy wintery weather- it would have taken , i think, much more $ to stabilize such a screen and liability insurannce to cover any unforeseen accidents that thie stabilaztion could not protect from.

I just don't understand these friggin' charts. "Carry on Wayward Son" and "Wanted Dead or Alive"? Makes me think you can crack the top ten by selling 5-6 copies. And what's up with Australia? Firesale on INXS?

No kidding! Look at the France Rock chart. It's cool that U2 is at #8... until you realize that "More Than Words" by Extreme is at #6, Stairway to Heaven is at #5, and a Sting/Clapton duet from the Lethal Weapon movies is at #3. WHAT IN THE WORLD????

Interesting chart update from Mediabase on Invisible. On the Triple-A U.S. chart it's sitting at 5th. Over the past week it added 70+ spins making it by far and away the fastest grower on the chart. It needs to get to one or two on this chart to grab some attention.

Also on YouTube the video now is at 2 million views. To put that in perspective, the Get on Your Boots video has 2.8 million views and was posted FOUR YEARS AGO.

Also on YouTube the video now is at 2 million views. To put that in perspective, the Get on Your Boots video has 2.8 million views and was posted FOUR YEARS AGO.

But was it posted inmediatly after the song came out or a week after?

U2 didn't used youtube really well back then... well, they're not doing it too great now

But was it posted inmediatly after the song came out or a week after?

U2 didn't used youtube really well back then... well, they're not doing it too great now

Well that's true. It looks like it was posted several months after. Still, Invisible is off to a great start on YouTube.

What is everyone's experience with the radio?

A couple of weeks ago, everyone but me here in Boston seemed to be hearing it.

I've heard it twice in the last 24 hours, once on Boston's classic rock station (100.7) as part of a U2 block (Streets, Pride, Invisible) and another time on our alternative station (92.9.)

About time. I had heard it only once in 3 weeks before that, which was strange for any market, never mind one as U2 obsessed as Boston.

Fallon seems to have given it a lift. I hope it's a sign of things to come- for Invisible as well as for future songs.

I've been hearing Ordinary Love a lot on the radio for weeks, Invisible just once.

What is everyone's experience with the radio?

A couple of weeks ago, everyone but me here in Boston seemed to be hearing it.

I've heard it twice in the last 24 hours, once on Boston's classic rock station (100.7) as part of a U2 block (Streets, Pride, Invisible) and another time on our alternative station (92.9.)

About time. I had heard it only once in 3 weeks before that, which was strange for any market, never mind one as U2 obsessed as Boston.

Fallon seems to have given it a lift. I hope it's a sign of things to come- for Invisible as well as for future songs.

To my knowledge, the most U2-friendly station in Austin is and has been playing Invisible three of four times per day since its release, and that's it.

Yes YB the rooftop was def a U2 Monent....
(sounds like <maybe> the 360 tour didn't have that for you? To each their own. :) Since I love a bunch of songs from NLOTH and Zooropa both '09 & '11 360 had those U2 Moments for me as well )

Almost but not quite on the money. In the 7 360 shows I attended there were many great moments, hell if anyone was going to tell me I'd see the likes of UltraViolet, HMTMKMKM, TUF, MLK, EBTTRT, The Fly, I'd say they were crazy.

Also seeing Zooropa and yes even YBR was truly fantastic.

I should have maybe explained myself better when I say a U2 Moment, I meant a moment that defines my love of this band for so many years for example:

Going "back in the day" sitting in my parents living room as a teenager watching MTV when the actually played videos and seeing Bono silhouetted against the huge Red Rock's outcroppings, in the fog and mist with the bon fires burning singing Sunday Bloody Sunday.

At Live Aid singing Bad the way they did and Bono bridging that gap between artist and audience slow dancing with that girl to me encapsulated the day the band the charity and the man.

Seeing them post 9/11 - when the names of the victims of the terrorist attacks scrolling down from the rafters, seeing people myself included crying and hugging each other letting out all of the emotions of that time period just let go in one huge moment was somewhat overwhelming. God I think of the personal and business issues I was going through of the whole ATYCLB era, really this band got me through! I know many kinda slag ATYCLB here but for some reason the whole album to me really resonated in my life.

Then Monday night seeing them in that beautiful setting was unbelievable. This prolly happens to other fans of other bands but sometimes I think they are blessed to be in the right exact spot at the exact right time. Maybe Bono's in with God or even his being the devil incarnate :wink:- it just seems to me these moments can't be scripted they just seem to happen to them.

This is all rambling and prolly stupid but that is what I meant by that comment.

I'm actually starting to line both songs equally.

Sent from my SM-N900P using U2 Interference mobile app

It's kinda funny you say this but this is happening to me also. I would never thought I would like OL as much as Invisible but after Monday it sees like I do.

I've yet to hear it on SiriusXM's Alt Nation, which blows my mind. Although, I only get to listen to the radio for about a half hour per day so I could be missing it. It moved up to 29 on the Alternative chart this past week, so there's really no reason for any Alternative station not to be playing it.

Not sure if anyone else caught this, but doesn't "there is no them, there is only us" sound familiar???? Just listened to Rise Above from the Spiderman Soundtrack for kicks, and about 3:30 in there's that little diddy there, not exactly the same, but when we say they save nuggets from years past, ain't that the truth!

I've yet to hear it on SiriusXM's Alt Nation, which blows my mind. Although, I only get to listen to the radio for about a half hour per day so I could be missing it. It moved up to 29 on the Alternative chart this past week, so there's really no reason for any Alternative station not to be playing it.

I've heard it twice on 36. I had hoped for more, but like you I haven't had as much chance to listen lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom