ICDE v.3.0: Three Continents, Two Predecessors, and a Moderator in a Pear Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Hello Interlanders! :)

Yes, it's that time already: time to start planning the Interference CD Exchange v.3.0. I'm back to (mostly) run the show, but there are going to be some changes this time around, too.

First of all, I'm looking for some ideas on how this ICDE should be run.

--If you participated in both of the last two, which did you prefer? Why?
--If you did not participate in either of the last two, would you like to participate now? What kind of new format might you suggest?
--Are there any additional ideas that might improve the efficiency of this and subsequent ICDEs?

Also, I'm looking for some backup, if at all possible. I'm EXTREMELY busy, not only with school and work, but a brand-new :heart: squeeze :heart: too. ;) So an assistant or two would be absolutely fabulous.

--Are you interested in working as a co-facilitator or assistant on the ICDE v.3.0?
--Do you have any experience with Microsoft Excel and/or Access that might be helpful?
--Do you have good people skills, especially with writing e-mails and answering questions and such?
--Depending on the format of how people will be matched this time, the real "hard" work might take anywhere from 2-10 days. This won't happen for at least a month, so make sure you have some time open near the end of September to devote to the matching process.

Finally, simply reply to this thread if you are interested in participating. If you like, you can e-mail me at paxetaurora@interference.com with further comments or questions.

--Please share your experiences as an ICDE participant with fellow Interlanders. Why is it fun? Why should people consider signing up who have not joined before?
--Please feel free to make suggestions in this thread, by PM, or by e-mail. Contact me, NOT April, as April has asked to sit this one out as a coordinator. :wave:

That should cover it. Have fun!

Im in, I have not been a part of the other two due to my lack of burning capacities, however I would like to be a part of this one......

I liked the 2nd one the best because I actually received mixes this time! :laugh:

Though I'm still missing one. But I'll be dealing with him. *shakes fist* :mad: ;)

I'm definitely in for this one!!!

I think I'd like to participate. I missed out on the last two. Can someone explain to me what it's all about, please? :)

everyone deserves good music, sweet music

Even though the exchange sounds like a lot of fun, I won't get involved. Things get crazy here in springtime, so I'd not want to upset the apple cart any more.
But,
I just wanted to say...
:up: good on you paxetaurora. I love the title you gave this thread( next time 4 continents..someone send a few to sula in Africa) AND I love your use of the word :heart: squeeze:heart:
Congratulations!!Best wishes 2U

I liked the ICDE because I got nice CDs with new music...the first one brought the great music of Damien Rice and the Smashing Pumpkins into my home, and the other the beauteous sounds of Bettie Serveert and Tori Amos (among loads of others, of course).

Join up, it's fun!

And I'm sure Mr. Popmartijn, when he sees this thread, will definitely be offering his services, or at the very least giving wonderful ideas to use!

(P.S. I'm not sure whether I can participate in this one, as I won't be too free for the whole of September and the first few weeks of October)

Hurray! ICDE3! :hyper:

I liked the last one the best because it ensured you'd get something you'd enjoy, and didn't already have. Which is great. I feel like I am definitely giving someone something they actually want, and I don't have to worry so much about whether they'll like it, since they did ask for it. ;)

Can't wait for it to begin -- I'll definitely participate.

I'm in on this one. For the first two, I was at school and away from my burner. Now I can take part...

so you submit a list of all the mp3's you have, then you send the ones to someone who wants them? that has to be one of the worst sentances ever written on here lol.
can someone explain again how it works? :D
i never participated in the first 2, but am curious about it all. and would love to help the organising in any way pax.

Hello,

Do I have to reply to say that I'm :hyper: :dance: :hyper:! Or is that a given... :lol:

BTW, before I start with addressing Pax's questions/comments, here's a small summary for those not totally familiar with the process:

The ICDE, or Interference CD Exchange, is a project where Interferencers send self-made CD's/tapes to each other. I don't think I can explain it any shorter. :) During the first ICDE all the participants sent one (or more) mix compilation to one (or more) other participants. With the second ICDE the organisors tried to match demand and supply of certain music (Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, sad music, blues, etc.). And this ICDE? That's for us to decide.

Anyway, here are my comments (should someone care... :) ):
- If you participated in both of the last two, which did you prefer? Why?
I'm not making it easier here, but I don't have a preference. Both times I just made 'random' mixes and both times I got great compilations. :up: Of course I'll look what the theme will be of this next ICDE, but I'll probably make 'random' mixes again. That said, I really enjoyed getting a Rolling Stones mix and a U2 live mix the second time.
- Are there any additional ideas that might improve the efficiency of this and subsequent ICDEs?
Nope, I think it runs quite well. There'll always be little hiccups and, unfortunately, a rotten apple here and there (person who isn't sending any mixes), but for the rest it runs very well.
- Are you interested in working as a co-facilitator or assistant on the ICDE v.3.0?
My enthousiasm isn't a secret, judging from some replies in this thread. Unfortunately, I'll also be extremely busy next month. Not in the least because I'm going to move house in October. Sorry... :| I'll try to better my life for the next rounds... :wink:

OK, this thread made me long again for those ICDE mixes I've made and received. :hyper:

C ya!

Marty (who even listened to someone's Interland Mix this morning: Moby - The Rafters)

Angela Harlem said:
which 3 continents are they?
:lol:

i need to pay more attention to things :D

I would guess (North) America, Europe and Asia. If an Aussie participated last time it's even 4 continents!

C ya!

Marty (who thinks that North and South America are 2 continents)

To address some questions that other post-ers here didn't (hi Marty :wave: ):

--The three continents participating in the last exchange were, indeed, North America, Europe, and Asia (yertle-the-turtle representing our outpost in Singapore). If we can get an Aussie on board, that would be four continents (hint hint). :)

--How the ICDE works (basically, although there might be some tweaking): you commit to making a certain number of mix CDs for other Interlanders (let's say two--one CD each for two fellow Interlanders). You make and ship the mix CDs--shipping information is e-mailed to you by me or another ICDE coordinator, if we have one. Then, if all goes as it should, you would receive two mix CDs in the mail from two other Interlanders. This was primarily LarryMullen's_POPAngel's idea, although I think some other people first germinated the thought back in January or February of this year.

--There aren't many rules, but here are a few:
*The ICDE CANNOT, I repeat CANNOT, facilitate or appear to facilitate copyright infringement. This means that if you're looking to use the ICDE to get a free copy of John Mayer's new CD or something, you're out of luck. ICDE is strictly for homemade compilation CDs for the pure purpose of discovering new music and sharing music we particularly love. No money or other compensation may be exchanged.

*Failure to keep up your end of the bargain (i.e. not shipping the same number of CDs you receive) is grounds for automatic suspension/banning from subsequent CD exchanges. Unless in very extraordinary circumstances, you are expected to make and ship, in a timely fashion (4-6 weeks is the outside average), your agreed-upon number of CDs.

That seems to be about it. :)

I would discourage anyone from signing up just yet, since we don't know the nature of the beast just yet--in a week or so I'll probably post about what this ICDE will entail. Then you can decide if you want to participate for certain. And I still have all the info on file from the last exchange, so if you participated in v.2.0, you don't need to send me your name and address again.

Thanks. :)

Sounds tres cool :D
Pax give me a holler if you're looking for some help organising this. I'd love to get involved the more I think about this!
:wave:

ME ME ME ME ME!!! :D

I can do up wicked Pink Floyd compilations, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Roger Waters... although I prefer Floyd.

I'd LOVE a Radiohead comp...maybe a live compilation.

i said i wanted to participate last time and then vanished while in the middle of exams/moving home for the summer. i mean it this time when i say i'd like to join up, even with pax's discouragement from saying so at such an early date :D

i have no real helpful skills such as outlined in the initial post, but would you really want a nut like me helping out with something important, anyway? yeah...didn't think so :wink:

^unless i've been bannished (just paranoid)

*Failure to keep up your end of the bargain (i.e. not shipping the same
number of CDs you receive) is grounds for automatic suspension/banning
from subsequent CD exchanges. Unless in very extraordinary
circumstances, you are expected to make and ship, in a timely fashion
(4-6 weeks is the outside average), your agreed-upon number of CDs.

IWB--no, you're not banned! :) People only can't participate if they were matched with people and *then* didn't uphold their end of things.

paxetaurora said:
IWB--no, you're not banned! :) People only can't participate if they were matched with people and *then* didn't uphold their end of things.

well that's good.

i'm looking forward to this :yes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom