Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In defense of those who went out to Aloha Stadium to purchase tickets-- I have experienced some onsales when the main box office has offered better seat options to purchasers rather than online or at outlets. These instances are rare and getting rarer in the age of online ticket transactions, but I wouldn't go as far to say that the people in Hawaii are somehow disconnected with ticket buying practices. A recent example would be in 2002, playoff ticket sales for the Anaheim Angels were shut down via Ticketmaster online shortly after going onsale due to the fact that Angel Stadium was inundated with fans, many who had camped out overnight, and all sales were restricted to the Angels box office at the stadium to accommodate the huge numbers of fans. Since this U2 concert is obviously a rare major event in Honolulu, I'm not surprised that many people went out to the stadium for the onsale. Unfortunately for them, the box office did not turn out to be the best source of tickets. It's obvious for most of us who do not live in Hawaii that we only thought of online transactions since that was not only the easiest option, but also the only option. While I rarely go to a TM outlet anymore, I still believe that the best way to get great seats is to be first in line at an actual Ticketmaster outlet manned by someone who really knows how to work the computer.

Miroslava said:
There's no sneaking in line :shame:

but I've heard from many on the ground that you can totally leave the line for the next 3 mos and show up right before show time and get you space back :cute:

:hides:

take 1 of these and call me in the morning
19.jpg

{hatching evil plan to take their spot in line while they play with ^}

Lila64 said:
Karen - you are really getting in line on Friday? :ohmy:

Well on account of our flight is scheduled in at noon on Friday (I wanted to arrive 4/6 but I was out voted) unless I leave now to get in line early I'm kinda stuck and can't line up till Friday afternoon.

SERIOUSLY.....when is everyone going to begin lining up?

:reject:

U2Girl1978 said:

:madspit:

:wink:

Are you going to Hawaii?

Nah, I was just playing :wink: I despise stadium shows if it was an arena I would've gone in a heartbeat :D

*pretends to get back on line*

Lila64 said:
take 1 of these and call me in the morning
19.jpg

{hatching evil plan to take their spot in line while they play with ^}

Marcus Schenkenberg :drool: I saw him in an itty bitty swimsuit years ago in Miami:drool: Body by Jake, Mind by Mattell!

Well I just called TM and Aloha Stadium about a pre show line up and I was told they will be policing the line to keep it fair and orderly. You will be required to prove when your tickets were purchased in order to get yourself a spot on the line. Those who bought in the presale will be given priority spots in the front of the line.

:lmao:

(I wish!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom