Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cleazer said:
the chances of a second show selling out certainly look slim.
So the question is, would U2 be willing to add a second show even if they know it probably won't sell out? Considering that every single show on the tour has sold out so far, it would sure seem odd for the very last show to be the only one not to sell out.

On the other hand, U2 will be spending a lot of money to ship all their equipment and stage stuff to Hawaii, so it may be a pretty wise idea financially to add a second show, even if it doesn't sell out. A 75% sold-out second show would certainly help to make the trip more profitable.

One final thought to consider is that the band might not mind a less than full final show. It might lead to a more intimate and personal feeling show. It might be a nice laid-back way to finish off the tour, with more opportunities for ad libbing and the like.

Have people with seats seen this map yet?

It's funny that it shows the K sections as being obstructed, and yet they're still considered the best seats. (The 2 side stages obviously mean that K sections will be far closer to the band than the A and B sections.)

Also interesting is the little diagram down at the bottom. Only 4 rows in brown and 5 in red. And if it rains, people in yellow, brown, half of red and half of blue will stay dry, but people in the lower halves of red, blue, and all of orange will get wet. (Not that there's much chance of it raining anyway.)

Last little tidbit: sunset is at 6:49, so the place will be pretty dark by the time the opening act is playing, and it will be completely dark by the time U2 comes on.

Yes, now that I have tickets I'm finally getting myself psyched up to go. :drool:

I think everyone is used to the arena shows with the 2 minute sell-out. Stadiums take a bit more time. Anyone know the sell out times for other shows on the 4th leg?

cleazer said:

Last little tidbit: sunset is at 6:49, so the place will be pretty dark by the time the opening act is playing, and it will be completely dark by the time U2 comes on.

:drool:

anyone have new information about the opening act? Are Rocko and the Devils who we think they are?

cleazer said:
Have people with seats seen this map yet?

It's funny that it shows the K sections as being obstructed, and yet they're still considered the best seats. (The 2 side stages obviously mean that K sections will be far closer to the band than the A and B sections.)

Actually, that's not quite the setup for the U2 show -- the K sections will be right alongside L for the concert.

nurse chrissi said:

:drool:

anyone have new information about the opening act? Are Rocko and the Devils who we think they are?

i haven't seen anything but if it is the "backline band" which is what i've heard them called before it's gonna be hysterical. esp. because phil said in the u2.com interview that he knows 2 chords :giggle:

ruffian said:

i haven't seen anything but if it is the "backline band" which is what i've heard them called before it's gonna be hysterical. esp. because phil said in the u2.com interview that he knows 2 chords :giggle:

which makes him the perfect guy to be Bono's tech :giggle:

if this is in fact true there will have to be signs

ruffian said:

Okay, I haven't been paying too close attention to the Rocko talk, but what can we expect them to play? U2 songs? Covers from other bands? Weird stuff nobody has ever heard of, full of extended jazzy solos?

Wouldn't it be cool if they played a few U2 rarities? It could be the tour debut for Mofo!! Bring on Electrical Storm and The Wanderer!

kellyahern said:

me too

I hope line up isn't until Saturday morning :reject:

I changed my vote to Friday. I can pass out anywhere even cement outside the stadium.

hwnstyle said:

You talk about us as if we're third world, this is america too. We use ticketmaster just like all the rest of you. I have high speed DSL and I'm on Maui you must think I live in a grass shack! There's twice as many people on Oahu as here. We don't get as many concerts as the mainland, so people were probably just excited and wanted to be on the news and hang out with other fans! Please, you talk about us like we're neanderthals! :madspit:

Hey I'm sorry your panties are all atwist, but there was no disparagement or attitude involved in my post. You could use a lesson on manners however. Everything I said happens to be true:

1) major concerts don't swing through Hawaii
2) TM is not huge in there
3) It IS behind technologically - I happen to work in the wireless industry- I'm really happy you have DSL, but the fact remains that the high speed penetration rate is much lower in HI than stateside
4) lining up for tickets is dumb

I'm not sure why you're so defensive, but why don't you leave it at the door before coming in here.

Someone's not getting lei'd in Hawaii :shame:

hwnstyle is gonna make sure of it, she's gonna talk to her friends via smoke signals and tell everyone to be mean to you :madwife:

Honolulu is ranked 73rd in the US in terms of "availability of commercial, public and free wireless access points ". That's ahead of many mainland cities.

Wow, this got me thinking of my seasonal time with tourists in Alaska. Maybe I should be asking these things before I get to Hawaii, like "Is my American money good here?" and "How much to mail this to the USA?"......

tryan101 said:

I wouldn't worry - its not that they're fanatical - its the opposite. Hawaii is famously laid back. the lining up is more for the fact they're inexperienced with the major concert scene (I bet alot of them have never used TM) and a little behind the technology curve. you see a bunch of internet cafes as the general population is less wired than here. I don't see the GA line starting that early or many people showing up til the afternoon

I think the way you worded your post was rude and insulting. You don't know anything about life here. How would you know TM is not huge here? Here most tickets for events, even local ones are sold through TM. I didn't disagree with what you said about not getting major concerts in fact I mentioned that in one of my other posts. Your comment originally wasn't about high speed penetration rate it was about that most people don't have internet that's why there are so many internet cafes? I don't know where you get your information. That statement is completely wrong. Just about every one I know has high speed internet. People lined up because they were excited like I already said in my response to you. Just like I bet you'll be in line to get into the stadium all day on April 8th bet you don't think your dumb for doing that! The fact that you even say someone is dumb for lining up shows how disparaging you are. I didn't put you or anyone else down or make any rude or disparaging remarks about anyone. Sounds like if anyone tells you your wrong about something you freak out. You post sounds very judgmental.

Miroslava said:
You get those question for real? :ohmy:

:crack:

Oh yeah. Along with "what time do they turn on the northern lights?" and "when do they feed the caribou?", and many others. It was hard to keep a straight face sometimes....

I didn't know Hawaiians used smoke signals I thought that was Native Americans. Going outside to try :coocoo:

Well, the good news is that there is a hot spot right aside the stadium (thus why I can post).

With all this fake posting about being on the GA line already I decided to change my flight and left this morning.

So much for the laid back locals, I'm # 67 :| but for once I'll be in the line ahead of Barbara and Miroslava. :wave: :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom