Finally we have an album: SONGS OF INNOCENCE!! DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it. It is immediately and obviously better than everything they've done since...well, on first (very) quick listen I bet I end up liking this more than anything since Zooropa

It's safe to say that this is one of the best albums of the year.

Yes you people who said a woman was singing in the beach clip were right. Lykke Li

I'm enjoying it so far.

I'm not sure I hear a single. Not that it matters to me (but maybe it matters to them...but it's free, so maybe not).

I'm treating this like a 5 star meal and taking my time. Two songs in and Every Breaking Wave might have a single potential (very 80s feel)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wow! I just never thought U2 would ever do anything like this...an entire album for free!! 5 years hard work and they release it for free! Amazing.

And it sounds good....a proper album, personal, not looking for hits, but some great tunes, Every Breaking Wave....wow!

I haven't been able to get it to download properly on either of my computers, been listening with my phone instead, can someone let us know what the liner notes say about Every Breaking Wave? Someone put information up on Wikipedia but I was surprised Danny and Brian aren't credited as writers, maybe it was created in the later sessions for NLOTH and not back in 2008.

I know only 1 listen so far, but this a top notch U2 album. It's absolutely phenomenal. Sounds nothing like anything they've made. It's not Achtung baby revolutionary, but different and great.

First impression:

Nothing as great as Fez.
Nothing as bad as Crazy Tonight

Consistent with a few nice wrinkles. But not so many as to be "unsafe".

The single is "The Miracle", I think the dude at the Apple thing said so and I also read it in the (UK) Telegraph review of the album (which appeared in less time than it takes to play the thing, lol)

I thought the efforts of Tedder, Epworth and Dangermouse might make the album a bit too produced, but it actually sounds well produced and surprisingly focused.

right click the booklet in itunes, then 'get info'. in the info box click the 'options' tab and change the media type to book :up:

at the risk of gilding the lily early on, this album is amazing. love the production, and as an album it's definitely more cohesive than NLOTH. Didn't think I'd be both hearing a brand new U2 album tonight and absolutely loving it. a great surprise (not to mention relief) very, very impressed. was really worried it would be a case of too many cooks will all those producers but as David said above me it sounds surprisingly focused. not at all what i was expecting after Invisible, which certainly wouldn't have fit.

the Paul McGuinness dedication in the booklet made me smile too. though bloody hell that is a comprehensive page of thank you's. hope that isn't indicative of this being their last hurrah and more of a reflection over their career thanks to the music..:wink:

Sleep Like a Baby didn't load for me. Anyone know how to get a song that doesn't download properly?

I'm surprised and a little sad that Invisible isnt on here, but that's alright. Hopefully it's played on tour.

THIS IS NOT ... REAL ... is it ?

for real, f*#k yes .. it is ... unbelievable! It is 22:00 here in Austria, I will have a listen now for the first time .... what a night, what a show ... Songs of Innocence ... WTF .. !!

Whats good also is the ordering of the tracks. Good transitions. Not choppy at all. No snooze fests like Miracle Drug, Sometimes or garbage tracks lie Boots or Vertigo which were cool but more suitable for B-Sides......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom