Dalton and NSW's Beijing Olympics Thread - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, every time I watch the diving, all I think to myself is "shut the fuck please" in regards to the analyst. I mean, I suppose that because it's a judged sport that it's her job to point out the flaws with each dive but, it just makes almost each dive seem negative. Her accent annoys, too. That is all.

May/Walsh, another gold. That was a fun match, actually. They did not drop a set the whole Olympics. I still prefer the indoor version, but that was fun.

"Thank you Mr. President, you inspire us."

Where is that puke smilie when you need it!!

Have you any evidence for this claim? Alleging incompetence is one thing. Alleging conspiracy is another.

It's not me putting out the suspect on him first, and my opinion on this is wait and see.

However, you might want to google how he bashes the Australia judge, and certainly he got a very interesting view point about his daughter's age issue.:lol:

The American men and women botched the baton exchanges so neither 4x100 relay team qualified for the finals. I think it's plainly obvious that Jamaica is the best team anyway, but in relay you never know with the exchanges, the best can falter too. So it's a shame for them not to even be able to compete.

He got stripped of his silver medal. :sad:
Allegedly, he didn't stay completely in his lane, but the details are still murky on this one.

Bugger, a real shame, and then that wierdo Dix accepts bronze looking like he doesn't give a toss. Martina seemed cool.

Interesting day for the Yanks at the track, clean sweep in the 400m, awesome dive by Neville to get Bronze, but then they fucked up the relays well and truly. Horror Games for Gay.

Bolt has the prime of his career still to come. If anything derails him, it could be his junk food diet. To fuel up for both his world-record dashes, Bolt said, he ate Chicken McNuggets from the McDonald's at the Olympic Village.

"You want the truth?" Bolt said. "I got up at 12. My masseuse brought me nuggets, of course. I'm serious. I didn't want to go to the cafeteria. I went straight to the track and my masseuse brought me more nuggets."

Bolt was taking it in his usual relaxed stride. He said he prepared for the race by sleeping in, not eating breakfast, watching TV, eating chicken nuggets for lunch, napping, eating more chicken nuggets for dinner, and resting.

I think I'm a little bit in love with him.

Somebody needs to extricate a stick from his bowels:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics/athletics/7573835.stm

Olympics boss Jacques Rogge has told Usain Bolt to show more respect for opponents after the Jamaican claimed the first sprint double for 24 years.

Bolt showboated at the start and finish of his world-record breaking 200m race and slowed up yards from the line in the 100m final so he could celebrate.

"That's not the way we perceive being a champion," Rogge told Associated Press.

"I've no problem with him doing a show. But I think he should show more respect and shake hands after the finish."

Rogge said Bolt should "not make gestures like the one he made in the 100m", adding: "He might have interpreted that in another way, but the way it was perceived was 'catch me if you can.' You don't do that. But he'll learn. He's still a young man."

Rogge has been pretty heavily criticized by sports journalists for these remarks. You have to remember that after the Marion Jones BALCO fiasco, track was really a shamed sport. Bolt has resurrected it at this Olympic games and has made it competitive and fun to watch again. Besides that, the journalists and other competitors have all spoken very highly of him, and in a sport where ego has always been a side show.

I wish that the 2nd and 3rd place finishers in the 200m didn't step on the line and get DQ'd. This has left Shawn Crawford with the silver, which is a true disgrace given that he escaped the BALCO mess unscathed despite very deep and close connections to Graham, and a very sketchy history. I don't believe for one moment that he hadn't been doping for years.

Back
Top Bottom