Caption Thread Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:

I thought the beachball thing would be their first reaction :wink: I mean I wonder if they even REMEMBER the so-called beachball incident? We might have to explain it to them.

It would be so awesome if we could get the boys to read these, honestly! But it would be so hard to sort through all of them, there's so many :huh: we need a way to get organized, or have someone set up a website to post the captions or something...make sure the pictures don't get replaced with the dreaded red-X...

grinningwithsomedude.bmp

Bono: ...and then I said, "Oh look Edge, a beachball!"
Guy: How many more times is he going to tell me this bloody story...

that's not paul mcguinness is it? it looks sorta like him...

:lol:!! Bono's looks so cheeky in that picture
Isn't that Robert De Niro?

Sad_Girl said:
:bono: *thinking to self* "Did I remember to turn off the coffee maker? Lock the front door?
I feel like I'm forgetting something this morning!

ummm.jpg

:laugh:

Miringeltje said:

What are you saying here, chickadee?
Do you have some inside information that suggest that Adam has run out of superglue or that he has decided to stop using it?

God, I hope not...

No don't worry, I just checked and Adam's got lots more, so yay the superglue will continue foreverrrrrr! or as long as Bono falls for it... uh, yeah, foreverrrrr!

Sad_Girl said:
:bono: *thinking to self* "Did I remember to turn off the coffee maker? Lock the front door?
I feel like I'm forgetting something this morning!

ummm.jpg

:laugh: :drool: i don't mind if bono is a little forgetful...:sexywink:

and the one about Larry going to live in the ocean, and his moobs :lmao: you are classic Lemon Grrrrrl.

3445%3B94723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E23239%3A46696%3A3ot1lsi

:bono:: Yeah, Ed, you've almost got it. You look at them like that, and they'll come running for you. If you're really good at it, they'll come running...with beach balls.
:ed:: I see. Teach me more, Bono - please teach me more.
:bono:: That's it for tonight, Ed. You can't possibly learn all of my sexy moves in one night! It's not an insult - just a fact. Keep practicing the 'come hither' look, and come back to me when you've got it down. Then we'll work on neck exposure.
:ed:: Oooooo! Neck exposure! I can't wait! Maybe I can get Lemon Grrrrrl's attention!
:bono:: <smirks> Fat chance! She's mine! You can't have her!

:macdevil:

~OR~
:bono:: I've got some advice for you, Ed. If your bandmates ever try to get you to play an H chord on the guitar, just laugh at them.
:ed:: Well, duh, Bono...there is no H chord! <laughs> Who tried to get you to play an H chord?
:bono:: Why would you think I'm talking about me! It wasn't me! Edge tried to get someone else to play an H chord! Of course I know there is no H chord. Sheeesh.
:ed:: Uh-huh, Bono. Okay - thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:

A poll would be kinda hard. Since you need to fill in options for that. I also believe you have to be a premium member to open a poll. A "what's your favorite caption" thread might work.

There are certain captions that have to be included of course.
Like beachballs and superglue ones.

But it isn't going to be easy to choose a favorite one.
There also is this problem that some of the captions don't have their pictures anymore, since they've been replaced by red crosses.
I have thought this through much more than you'd think I had time to over the last few days, and I thought that the most efficient (and fair) way to do this would be to set up a thread where you put in your favourite captions (from all caption threads) by clicking "quote" in the thread, then copy and paste them into the new thread. (Does that make sense to you? I'm not sure how to explain what I mean exactly.)

We could say that you should post the captions that you think are good enough for the band to see, not just your very favourite. And we'd have to have a rule that you couldn't post any captions twice, no matter how funny it is, that way we wouldn't get a whole heap of people pasting the same ones over and over.

The only problem with this idea is that we would miss out on the red X pics, but I can't think of a way around that, unless we got everyone whose caption pictures have expired to re-post their caption.

And don't be too shy about sending away your captions, I'm sure they can take jokes. (BTW, I was on the u2.com forum and I looked at a few pages of their captions -- ours are better :wink: )

Miringeltje said:

:bono: euphoric: Hey Adam, you see this. Yeah, that's right, my hands are still free!! I outwitted you this time. I got Larry to hold my drum sticks for me.

:larry: angrily thinking: WTF!! I can not believe I fall for that. I should have know there was something off when Bono said: "Larry, you can be upfront during LAPOE". Next time I'm staying behind m'own drum kit.

poor Larry... he too fell for the superglue trick!! :lmao:

borrowing the 'superglue' thing :wink:
it's my first time in a caption thread, hope you'll like it!! :up:

stick_mouth.jpg

:larry: what the f- ARGH!! I'm stck ...... AWAM YA MTHRFKNG &#%@....... ” :mad:

:adam: (out of sight): ...damn it EDGE! You told me Bono was going to play the drums tonight!! :huh:
:edge: (out of sight) eh, eh... you're so gullible.... :evil:

Meghan said:

I have thought this through much more than you'd think I had time to over the last few days, and I thought that the most efficient (and fair) way to do this would be to set up a thread where you put in your favourite captions (from all caption threads) by clicking "quote" in the thread, then copy and paste them into the new thread. (Does that make sense to you? I'm not sure how to explain what I mean exactly.)

Ummmmm...good idea...except you can't easily do that with threads that are closed, unless Sicy would be kind enough to open them again, but if she does that then it could get really messy so she probably won't. (I wouldn't if I was her.) Plus I'm not sure how many people would be up to going through all of the hundreds that have already been posted just to post them again in another thread. I think we could print all of them out and send them - warts and all. But wow that would be a lot!!!! I'd be anal enough to either a) remember which pics went with red X's, and then track them down myself; or b) get rid of the captions with red X's altogether.

I wonder if there would be a way to put them on their own site, like maybe u2captions . com and then just tell them to go there.

Any other brainstorming ideas?

P.S. Awesome job, sraphim!!! :lmao:

Last edited:
thanks Lemon Grrrrrl! :bow:

and about the u2captions.com idea: I think that would be FANTASTIC!! if you need a webmistress (no guys involved, right? :sexywink:), I volunteer to take care of graphics / web layout / html and such :giggle:

sraphim said:
thanks Lemon Grrrrrl! :bow:

and about the u2captions.com idea: I think that would be FANTASTIC!! if you need a webmistress (no guys involved, right? :sexywink:), I volunteer to take care of graphics / web layout / html and such :giggle:

Oooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think the domain is taken. I could help with the graphics and stuff too! :) Plus with our own website it'd be much easier to vote for the best, if that's a direction we'd want to take. With so many good ones out there, it'd be really hard to do that!

Last edited:
I checked: it is available indeed. :sexywink:
:hmm: I think we will need a REAL webmaster though, I mean, somebody who actually knows how to do things in a professional way... because while I'm pretty good at doing artsy stuff like graphics and layouts, I'm totally useless when it comes to asp, php, dhtml and such... I'm sure we will need those in order to provide a better interaction (to allow people to post their own captions, for example), and we will need polls; personally, I don't have a clue how to do that :shrug:

edit: maybe we should start a new thread in which you could advance your idea and see what other people think about it... :reject:
we could use some positive feedback :up: :giggle:

Last edited:
I think you girls are awesome!!! I love the idea totally!!!:wave: :up: Unfortunately I have no talent at all so I would not be able to help:( But I will enjoy the pics of the guys!!!:love:

Of coarse!

:reject: And I'd like to say I'm sorry for chnaging this whole thread into more talking than captions. Let's change it back.:)

35d50aFG52b.jpg

:larry: Hi, I'm Larry (f!@$ng) Mullen from U2. These days, there are so many temptations, and we're all looking for a new kind of rush. I know, I've been there -- I used to empty 5 bottles in 3 minutes -- and I'm telling you: It's just not worth it.

37849112DR.jpg

:larry: Look what has happened to me after just 12 months of full on hair-gel abuse -- My once flowing golden locks have turned into a greasy, not-quite-blonde, not-quite-brown cap of rock hard cement.

35d50aFG52b.jpg

:larry: So please, learn from my mistakes -- say no to hair-gel, and don't let this type of damage happen to you.

Meghan said:
35d50aFG52b.jpg

:larry: Hi, I'm Larry (f!@$ng) Mullen from U2. These days, there are so many temptations, and we're all looking for a new kind of rush. I know, I've been there -- I used to empty 5 bottles in 3 minutes -- and I'm telling you: It's just not worth it.

37849112DR.jpg

:larry: Look what has happened to me after just 12 months of full on hair-gel abuse -- My once flowing golden locks have turned into a greasy, not-quite-blonde, not-quite-brown cap of rock hard cement.

35d50aFG52b.jpg

:larry: So please, learn from my mistakes -- say no to hair-gel, and don't let this type of damage happen to you.

:lmao::lmao:

This is great! :up::D
And I agree, the hair gel did more damage than good.

Back
Top Bottom