Caption Thread Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meghan said:
caption.jpg

Bono: :happy: Wow, these new platforms Edge gave me really make me look taller. People will think I'm the tallest in the band when they see this photo...... Maybe the tallest person in the world...... (Keeps on talking about the joys of being tall and the wonders of platforms)

Larry: I say we tell him we're sitting down now before his ego explodes.

Edge: Spoil sport.

Adam: :hmm: I wonder what an exploding ego looks like......

:laugh:

caption4.jpg

Larry: Psst! Bono! Are you sure this is how you're supposed to use surf boards?

Bono: Positive.

Edge and Adam: :grumpy: She always runs out of things to say before she gets to us.

caption3.jpg

Edge: Just imagine how much better Streets will sound if we get Madonna to duet with you Bono! It'll be great -- I've done the math and your voice is EXACTLY one octave lower than hers, the harmony's will be PERFECT!
So, what do you reckon?

Adam: Think hard about this one, Bono. Madonna. There are better ways to see beautiful women......

Bono: Hmmm....... Sounds like its worth at least considering.....

Larry: :grumpy: Nobody listened when I suggested Kylie Minogue, but MADONNA, yeah, we'll consider that.....

DISCLAIMER: Meghan does not necessarily share Adam's view that Madonna is a beautiful girl.

75e75940.jpg

:adam: No, Bono, no, please, not the guitar, come on...

:bono: This is what you get for supergluing me to the stage! [plays something dreadful]

^ :lmao: :lol:

Brilliant! Superglue seems to get better with age!

And for those interested, I fixed up Adam!

adammolehead.jpg

Now he's a prairie dog! Awwww.....

I'm still not done with Larry though. :flirt: :macdevil:

Meghan said:
^ :lmao: :lol:

Brilliant! Superglue seems to get better with age!

And for those interested, I fixed up Adam!

adammolehead.jpg

Now he's a prairie dog! Awwww.....

I'm still not done with Larry though. :flirt: :macdevil:

:yikes:

omg:lmao: love it!!!!! you could make larry into a prairie dog too....we could call it a Larrydog.........pfffffffffffft:lmao:

OMG! I just got back from my holiday and 13 pages since I last checked!
Well I'm on page 29 and have to go but I'm sooo looking forward to reading the rest of them.
Good ...no excellent work everyone:applaud:

To Lemon Grrrrrl, Miringelteje, Meghan and others,

Great minds do think alike! Congrats on the caption website. But I was thinking something a little different when I was reading the last caption thread. I first thought of t-shirts and was going to make my own after contacting the caption writer(s). But I couldn't limit myself to 1 or 2 captions; I ended up liking more than a dozen! So then I thought maybe presenting the band with the idea of a 12 month calender. NO. How about a 365 day calendar! And there is certainly enough material to fill it!

While I gather materials to make a proposal to the band, something for those who are working on the website need to consider. CREDIT. Not only crediting the caption writer but the photographer as well. I know many of you delete the watermarks off the photos that have the photographers name on it, but with the caption website, you will have to either leave the watermark in or write who the photographer is (especially concert photos) and any other pertinent info. We all know with the caption website out there in internet-land someone is going to come across their picture and if there isn't a credit, they will have a cow.

I have lots of U2 artistic ideas (I'm a textile artist) unfortunately I don't have access to a home computer (only a computer at work), but I'm willingly to lend a hand to the caption website cause.

Now back to the great captions!

Meghan, great captions! :applaud:

Cassandra, love the 365 day calendar idea.
And thanks for the reminder on the credit. I've been thinking about that too.

b3cfd497.jpg

:adam: Ha, a brand new bottle of superglue!
Got to protect it.
It's mine.
All mine.
:D

Last edited:
455034e1.jpg

:larry: I wonder how long it's gonna take before MacPhisto Bono notices that the wrong sheet is taped up!

or

:larry: Thank you Adam for letting me borrow the superglue. Now MacPhisto Bono will never be able to get of the phone.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Okay, I've just spent an hour with Larry, and I'm finally satisfied.
The only part that really got in the way was his hair, which I had to chop off and replace with a thick wooly (and frustrating) mane of golden locks.
Apart from that though, I was surprised at how well he fit. In fact, all of my U2 - animal combinations fit together remarkably well. Its like they were meant to be.

Anyway, I decided not to make Larry a Prairie Dog, because I didn't want two of the same animal, and instead went with Lemon Grrrrrl's advice and made.......

LARRY THE LION!!!!

LarrytheLion.jpg

Last edited:
Great job Meghan!!
Larry looks really cool
I think my favourite is Adam the Prairie Dog ,it looks so life like :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom